What shits ya!

Jun 13, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Threatening scammer phone calls allegedly from the ATO :unamused: Never had anything like that on this number before, and I've had it for almost 10 years :mad: Hope it was an autodialer and not my number being passed on...
I always like to respond to these calls by just saying "hello, hello.... Hello?", then leaving the phone down still on the call

My theory is if it takes up a minute of there time, the scam is less profitable.

Other way is get an app something like Mr Number and never answer numbers not in your contacts. Easy.

It shits me when I line up for FAST food and some bozo in front of me decides to make some custom order and takes 5 minutes to explain it to the confused staff member and then spends another 5 minutes when they get the food explaining why the store got the order wrong. ******* selfish pricks.

I remember in Puerto Natales (Chile, the base town for Torres del Paine), some American goofball came into a restaurant we were eating lunch at (which was very clearly not a fast food sort of place) and in perfect English saying "I need FAST food! FAST! Have you got FAST food that I can have quickly?"

Apart from the fact the owners and waiters spoke only Spanish and so had absolutely no idea what the * he was on about, it was also ridiculous because there was a food van quite literally five metres from the restaurant that was serving only empanadas and hamburgesas (no prizes for guessing what that translates to).

Even funnier, when the only response he got from the owners was a confused look and "que? comida? (food) lo siento (sorry)", he then walked out in a huff straight down the street, past said food vans that would have given him the FAST FAST FAST food he so desperately sought.

The waiter then did look at us and laughingly exclaim "jajaja americanos!"

All is well, it looks to have passed us by but we're getting a lot of falling ash and smoke. Might have to bail because inhaling smoke is bad for they wifey with child

All is well, it looks to have passed us by but we're getting a lot of falling ash and smoke. Might have to bail because inhaling smoke is bad for they wifey with child
What area do you live in mate? That's pretty full on!

Too close to home, im in Emerald which luckily has alot of lakes nearby which helps if the situation ever arises, have many friends out your way to be worried about.
It's a terrifying situation, but thankfully conditions today are much better. The wind has pushed it further away and we're expecting rain later so that should really help!

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
why is it, if you so much as put a resonator, or sports exhaust on your car.. the cops will be on you in a flash with the DB meter doing you for noise pollution - yet a Harley can go by and burst your ear drums.. not a second look

I hate those things.. every time id get my kid down at night, its like a magnet for hardly to fly by waking them up

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
NSW and Qld people referring to Aussie Rules football as AFL.

"My son plays AFL"
"Really, who for?"
"The Mudgee Swans"
"Oh, he plays Australian Rules footy"
"Yep, plays AFL"
"You know saying that is like someone playing junior rugby league saying they play NRL"
<insert awkward silence>.... "so yeah, he's a real goer at AFL"

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
NSW and Qld people referring to Aussie Rules football as AFL.

"My son plays AFL"
"Really, who for?"
"The Mudgee Swans"
"Oh, he plays Australian Rules footy"
"Yep, plays AFL"
"You know saying that is like someone playing junior rugby league saying they play NRL"
<insert awkward silence>.... "so yeah, he's a real goer at AFL"

Welcome to my frustrations.

Back