Autopsy What should the moderators do with the endless "state of the game" threads?

What do you think the admins & moderators should do with the "state of the game" threads?

• Create a sub forum on the AFL main board to allow a wide range of topics on the matter?

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Create a megathread and sticky it at the top of the mainboard to de clutter the board?

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Leave it as it is. (I.E Just don't read the topics if you don't like them snowflake)

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Schism

Senior List
Feb 17, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Souths
Recently we seem to have a new thread being made by the day moaning the state of the modern game. We come to discuss the "rolling maul", zones, rotations, coaches ruining the game, too many scraps, weak competition, poor skills - the list goes on. How many of these threads need to be made to clog up the front page of the main board? Do you think it is time to make a mega thread like so many other done to death topic have had; better yet a main board sub forum for ideas and complains on the modern game? It feels like you come back to the site to see an endless sea of whingers complaining and bleating on about this crap non stop, and I agree myself to an extent with some of the aforementioned problems being a blight. That said the clogging up of the board with the topics is a blight of its own, seems like a lot of other forums have governance to put this stuff aside as the mods have done here in the past.

I know, not many posts, not a mod, who do I think I am blah blah. But it is a problem I'm sure some agree.

INB4 just don't read them then.

Recently we seem to have a new thread being made by the day moaning the state of the modern game. We come to discuss the "rolling maul", zones, rotations, coaches ruining the game, too many scraps, weak competition, poor skills - the list goes on. How many of these threads need to be made to clog up the front page of the main board? Do you think it is time to make a mega thread like so many other done to death topic have had; better yet a main board sub forum for ideas and complains on the modern game? It feels like you come back to the site to see an endless sea of whingers complaining and bleating on about this crap non stop, and I agree myself to an extent with some of the aforementioned problems being a blight. That said the clogging up of the board with the topics is a blight of its own, seems like a lot of other forums have governance to put this stuff aside as the mods have done here in the past.

I know, not many posts, not a mod, who do I think I am blah blah. But it is a problem I'm sure some agree.

INB4 just don't read them then.

Agree

Maybe a forward press to push the key play makers up the field and with plenty of tackling to make sure the ball is stuck at the top of the ground near the goals.

So you're asking the owners of BF to do something about the threads that are creating a lot of discussion and increasing the traffic to this site which then increases their income.

I think they would definitely be open to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back