What should we expect to see on TV over summer?

Remove this Banner Ad

luke2177

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2004
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Summer TV - give us The Wonder Years!

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows what our commercial networks have planned for us over summer this year?

I have no idea - but I'd expect to see a series of "The Bachelor" (or even The Bachelorette), maybe even "Average Joe - Adam Returns"... any other ideas?

Also, if Channel Ten were to give the Simpsons a rest (as much as I love it, they deserve it after about 10 years), what should they show in the "coveted" 6pm timeslot?

My vote would be for "The Wonder Years", from start to finish. Classic show, very under-rated. :cool:

Cheers.

Basically anything the TV stations have left over- knowing our luck, they will probably put West Wing on still at 10:30pm saying it does not rate! :mad:

Joan of Aracadia is one I am looking forward to seeing- I visited the set of the show when I was in LA so I recognise the set already. I can truly say I was standing in that kitchen! :p

Ten are bringing in shows like ED, summerland and one tree hill......at first look we're looking at one of the worst off-seasons yet.

Heeeey, Ed is quality. Well, I've always enjoyed it at least. The other two do sound pretty dodgy though. The idea of basing a show on one brother trying to screw the other one over seems very...well, non-ratings period.

Saw an ad for Joan of Arcadia. Keep hearing about it form the States. Anyone know anything about it? I'llh ave to read some sarcastic recaps on TelevisionWithoutPity.com to find out what its all about.

as long as nip tuck comes back i don't care about the other expiermental shows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roughly
Code:
[b]Sunday[/b]
 [b]6:00[/b]  News                             News                             The Simpsons        
 [b]6:30[/b]  Australia's Brainiest Kid        Changing Rooms                   Sabrina the Teenage Witch                     
 [b]7:00[/b]                                   You Are What You Eat                                              
 [b]7:30[/b]  Las Vegas (rpt)                  T.B.A.                           All Aussie Adventures                 
 [b]8:00[/b]                                                                    Just Shoot Me (new)               
 [b]8:30[/b]  Movie                            CSI (rpt)                        Criminal Intent           
 [b]9:30[/b]                                   Third Watch                      NCIS
[b]10:30[/b]  Kingdom Hospital                 Movie                            News
[b]11:00[/b]                                                                    Sports Tonight          
[b]Monday[/b]                                                                                                     
 [b]7:00[/b]  That 70s Show                    King of Queens                   Seinfeld    
 [b]7:30[/b]  Best of Great Outdoors           Friends (rpt)                    Summerland (new)            
 [b]8:00[/b]                                   Malcolm in the Middle                                             
 [b]8:30[/b]  Crossing Jordan                  Movie                            Movie 
 [b]9:30[/b]  Crossing Jordan                                                                                             
[b]10:30[/b]  The Rebel Billionaire            West Wing                        News
[b]11:00[/b]                                                                    Sports Tonight          
[b]Tuesday[/b]                                                                                                     
 [b]7:00[/b]  That 70s Show                    King of Queens                   Seinfeld    
 [b]7:30[/b]  Will and Grace                   Survivor                         Everybody loves Raymond                   
 [b]8:00[/b]  Hope and Faith                                                                                     
 [b]8:30[/b]  Movie                            CSI (rpt)                        The OC (some new stuff)                   
 [b]9:30[/b]                                   Third Watch                      Footballers Wives             
[b]10:30[/b]  Arrested Development             Stingers                         News
[b]11:00[/b]  Scrubs                                                            Sports Tonight          
[b]Wednesday[/b]                                                                                                     
 [b]7:30[/b]  My Wife and Kids                 Joan of Arcadia                  The Simpsons        
 [b]8:00[/b]  According to Jim                                                  Just Shoot Me (new)               
 [b]8:30[/b]  Las Vegas                        Movie                            Movie 
 [b]9:30[/b]  Family Plots                                                                                       
[b]10:00[/b]  Airline USA                                                                                        
[b]10:30[/b]  Arrested Development             The Dead Zone                    News
[b]11:00[/b]  Scrubs                                                            Sports Tonight          
[b]Thursday[/b]                                                                                                     
 [b]7:30[/b]  Will and Grace                   Joan of Arcadia                  One Tree Hill (new)               
 [b]8:00[/b]  Hope and Faith                                                                                     
 [b]8:30[/b]  Amazing Race                     Judging Amy                      Law & Order       
 [b]9:30[/b]  Stargate SG1                     Extreme Makeover/Apprentice      The Guardian (new)              
[b]10:30[/b]  Arrested Development             The Apprentice                   The Cooks (new)           
[b]11:00[/b]  Scrubs                                                                                             
[b]Friday[/b]                                                                                                     
 [b]7:30[/b]  Better Homes & Gardens (rpt)     Renovation Rescue                One Tree Hill (new)               
 [b]8:30[/b]  Movie                            Movie                            Movie 
[b]10:30[/b]  Kingdom Hospital                 The Twilight Zone                News
[b]Saturday[/b]                                                                                                     
 [b]6:30[/b]  World Around Us                  T.B.A.                           Ed (new)    
 [b]7:30[/b]  Rosemary & Thyme                                                  Jamie's Kitchen           
 [b]8:30[/b]  William & Mary                                                    Movie 
 [b]9:30[/b]  Inspector Lynley Mysteries                                                                         
[b]10:30[/b]  Murder City                                                       The Shield (new)            
[b]11:30[/b]                                                                    NYPD Blue (new)           
[b]12:30[/b]                                                                    Robbery Homicide Division (new)                           
 [b]1:30[/b]                                                                    Cops

Hopefully "Lost" or "Carnivale" get shown in the summer. Both are brilliant and highly addictive watchable shows - already showed/showing in the US. I get the feeling that Channel nine would pick them both up.

Lost is probably more suited to the ratings season, but who knows what crap the networks will put on instead.

Minkus_Swan said:
Hopefully "Lost" or "Carnivale" get shown in the summer. Both are brilliant and highly addictive watchable shows - already showed/showing in the US. I get the feeling that Channel nine would pick them both up.

Lost is probably more suited to the ratings season, but who knows what crap the networks will put on instead.
Seven have the rights to Lost, and they'll show it in February, along with Desperate Housewives

Generally a lot of crap and re-runs. Anything that is any good will likely only last a few prime time showings before being banished to the 10.30 pm slot.

Channel 9 should look at replaying the Bodyline series on the final day of each of the three test series as no play will played.

Channel 9 better bring back the Gilmore Girls or going to blow up there headquarters... or maybe kidnap the youngest Packer. :)
There are still 6 or 7 episodes from series 4 to be shown.

Minkus_Swan said:

"Carnivale" will be screening on the ABC beginning in a couple of weeks. Superb television, I hope it gets the audience it deserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back