Roast What sort of Freo supporter are you atm?

What side of the fence?

• Cool aid

• Brick thrower

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lately its more like a realist, genuinely interested onlooker/ neutral.

Hard to be passionate and one eyed with what we're dishing out, but with the few promising signs the bricks stay on the ground.

It's good in a way stripping the emotion from the game, easier to hard mark the favorites and the whipping boys get judged fairly ( ie Fyfe's suspension was justified on its merits. Compared to buddy's elbow its a joke etc)

U might be contradicting urself there Barry regarding structure and injury. Tabs played in the GC game before injuring himself the following week. McCarthy got on the end of a few in the second half due to his prescence in the team and kicked his highest tally for the club this year. After Sandi and Fyfe I reckon Tabs is our next most important player for structure. Unfortunately we dont have any of them this week. Youch we could get a touch up today but im hopeful we win.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Im a believer good structure covers for injury where as injury exposes poor stucture.
Its a high paced physical contact sport we along with every other team will always have injuries unfortunately

I've never liked him and I actually thought Harvey was doing a pretty good job , made me seem like an idiot when we were going well but I was always unconvinced he was a good fit for us

My brick throwing reached it's peak mid 2015 - early 2016

These days I give him some kudos for rebuilding the side I genuinely didn't think he had it in him but i worry about the timeline if as we should we start showing some improvement in the next 18 mths that this will be seen as justification and some sort of great coaching feat to lock him in again when I think any half decent coach could have done the same or better

If you did this poll at Dockers HQ then you would need a lot of koolaid
to quench the thirst down there as they seem well and truly under his spell

It will be a mistake if he is reappointed after this contract IMO but can see it happening so........ brick the campaigner now while we have the chance

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I vote cognitive-dissonance. Intellectually I understand the direction of the club and can sometimes support it but I do lose faith quite often and am struggling to keep myself from being a dispondent, apathetic shell of a man and being lost to the greater game and sense of universal sporting karma as a whole..

In short: I'm a drunk Fremantle supporter. Who wants a pint?

Since I can't be sensibly in between (booo) then I'm going to lean towards brick thrower.

For me, I am of the view that the game has changed and Lyon hasn't adapted particularly well to the changes. I getit that other don't agree with that and fine, we all have our views.

That said, I don't think we have recruited much in the way of assistant coaches to help him out. You hear rumours that he doesn't listen to assistant coaches and its his way to be followed but in the absences of evidence, you can't say they are any more than rumours. I also think the footy department hasn't been the best. We have recruited ok for the last few years but we've really missed getting that key forward that is required for Lyon's game plan.

I also don't really see him as being a successful developer of players. We've had skill issues for a number of years and I've seen very little change to that other than we've recruited some better skilled players. That failure is definitely a coaching issue but NOT just down to the senior coach.

I was critical of him for a while regarding Taberner's development. we should have been playing two talls when Pav was our leading forward but the 'defense first' strategy didn't really allow for that and I still see that as a mistake.

Either way, he looks to me to be short of ideas and I think its time we looked at a change of direction. I just don't see him getting us the big one

Jesus. We'd only lost one game by mid 2015 and 9 straight before that loss. Must have some seriously high expectations if you are throwing bricks at that situation.

Why ? I never liked him from the start remember and in the 2nd half of 2015 it just seemed so obvious to me that we wouldn't win the flag if we didn't inject some fresh legs into the side but he never did and that was when at least in my circle of docker friends I went from a moron to maybe onto something.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2.5 years into a 4 year rebuild. Pretty simple really. I will start judging in 3 yrs time and until then get as many best young talent to the club.

Who cares what kind of supporters we are? Only impacts how loud we cheer and how much profit we give the club.

What kind of supporters are our players?

Are they professional contractors? Passionate purple-bleeders? Love Ross or hate him? Do they buy in or are they frustrated? Are they mates for life or FIFO associates?

That all makes a bigger impact to what kind of team we are and will be.

Back