Opinion What stage of the game did you know we would win?

Remove this Banner Ad

How about Dusty’s last goal.

I remember jumping up of the coach and saying

“Get ****ed.”

I was in complete awe
If you get a chance check out the multiple commentary’s of the goal

Tripple M and SEN do the moment justice imo
Bruce on 7 was the worst

Last edited:

“Get f’ed.”

I was in complete awe

Bruce on 7 was the worst
Hope the coach wasn't a double-decker otherwise I would be saying ohhhh sh-t :p

after menengolas second, with over 7 minutes of actual gametime (it was 12 minutes of real time) to play and only 15 in front, against a team that can score quick and who would be going with desperate speed to try and score i wasnt yet comfortable.

but i was feeling pretty good by the time we'd wasted 2-3 minutes of gametime and jack kicked his first behind.

it was party time already by the time jack kicked his second.

Boring one, when Jack took the mark with 2.30 to go. Even if he kicked a point we would’ve been up by 19 with under 2min left. Until then they could’ve kicked a goal leaving them 2min to kick 2 goals and force a draw, not likely but not impossible. After that they needed to take it the length of the ground and score 4 times for us to not win. Zero chance.

The rational part of me felt we were well on track when we went in half time in touch - 15pts down. Based on other big matches, that was about par for course. We'd reset a little at half time and go on and win. The first 10min of the third quarter backed that up for me - rationally

The emotional part of me wasnt 100% convinced until Martin kicked his third goal in the last quarter. I was up off the couch pacing the house, and even went and put the bins out!

When I kept telling my wife that George will kick this out on the full and he actually kicked a goal......lol
It was a sloppy kick that didn't drop properly, don't know how it made it through to the goals, I suspect there was a slight breeze advantage to that end. Menegola's kick also travelled a fair distance in the last quarter when kicking to that end.

“Get f’ed.”

I was in complete awe

Bruce on 7 was the worst

Thanks for the link. You can see Dusty hunting that ball and knowing what Stanley was going to do even before Stanley (and Dangerfield) knew. Instead of playing the man and tackling Stanley he made a line for between RS and PD and I reckon he even held back on his acceleration into the handball, and knew immediately that he’d be turning on OD and snapping from the boundary line.

“Get f’ed.”

I was in complete awe

Bruce on 7 was the worst

I know it's Whately, but his was the best for mine

I know it's Whately, but his was the best for mine
I don’t mind whately calling games he can sense the big moments and can be pretty fair in the way he calls games

It’s during the week with his comments after the fact that he becomes an insufferable twat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My moment was Jack’s goal with just over 2 minutes to go. Knew we had it then.

As for Dusty’s greatest goal ever...omfg dad and I were off the coach crying out no way! Dad was calling him an absolute freak, in a good way of course. :)

Even after all the proof dusty has given us over the years that he’s a magician with a football, we still couldn’t believe he kicked that. Lol

“Get f’ed.”

I was in complete awe

Bruce on 7 was the worst

how much ice did Stanley use at 3/4 time? :drunk:

This was me as well, I guess being an old timer I have seen us blow many 3 goal leads before even though I knew this is a different Richmond team.

Im an old timer and I can remember when us ever having a three goal lead was as likely as Dangerfield being able to safely walk through a horde of Richmond fans.

Cant remember when I knew but when I felt that relief that we had it I was strangely sad to lose that sitting on the edge of the seat feeling. Not sure what thats about.

Im an old timer and I can remember when us ever having a three goal lead was as likely as Dangerfield being able to safely walk through a horde of Richmond fans.

Cant remember when I knew but when I felt that relief that we had it I was strangely sad to lose that sitting on the edge of the seat feeling. Not sure what thats about.

It's funny isnt it? The 3 different feelings over past 3 GF's

2017 - was pure joy and elation and happiness that I finally got to see something I was beginning to think was never going to happen
2019 - was happiness & relief that we could back up that 2017 wasnt a one off
2020 - was happiness but recognising just how lucky we are right now, these things dont last for ever, i have probably reflected more on our past 4 years more this weekend that i have done previously.

After Dusty’s 3rd I felt pretty confident.
Probably totally relaxed when Lynch’s behind put us an even 3 goals up with just under 3 minutes to go.
The other two goals were the very tasty icing on the delicious premiership cake!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back