Star Wars What Star Wars Spin-offs Do You Want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not gonna lie if this ends up true I'm gonna be pretty bummed about the selected time period. Was really hoping for the Old Republic with something to do with the Mandalorian Wars or the Jedi vs Sith Empire.

In TPM the Jedi said they've had peace for over 1000 years. Yes there was probably planetary skirmishes like on Naboo but nothing to the scale of the Clone Wars.
I'd rather not have a 'TPM without the Sith' style movie.

Not gonna lie if this ends up true I'm gonna be pretty bummed about the selected time period. Was really hoping for the Old Republic with something to do with the Mandalorian Wars or the Jedi vs Sith Empire.

In TPM the Jedi said they've had peace for over 1000 years. Yes there was probably planetary skirmishes like on Naboo but nothing to the scale of the Clone Wars.
I'd rather not have a 'TPM without the Sith' style movie.

I think the report is rubbish.

I could do without Yoda, if true. Not every film needs to jam-packed with existing characters, a problem that’s been around since the prequels.

I think the report is rubbish.
The Marvel template sounds plausible; a bunch of Jedi with different ‘superpowers’, a chance for characters from each movie to interact. I wish Hollywood would realise the Marvel template has worked for precisely one company: Marvel. Just make good movies and if successful, opportunities will present themselves.

Lars Von Trier doing Sheev's origin story

Nolan would get fired/quit.
Nolan wouldn't sign on in the first place. I get the feeling the Batman movies will be his only contribution to franchises.

That said, I don't think Nolan's style would get him sacked. There are comparisons to be made between Nolan and RJ's more auteur approach to blockbuster films and RJ was very popular with Lucasfilm. JJ more fan friendly and he was also popular. I don't think there's any real rhyme or reason to directors getting fired other than perhaps Trank and Trevorrow were hired on the back of one big film and didn't actually have the experience to pull off a major blockbuster. Lord and Miller seem to have been fired for being too anarchic for the studio (the fault of which lies with Lucasfilm; their work speaks for itself).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could do without Yoda, if true. Not every film needs to jam-packed with existing characters, a problem that’s been around since the prequels.

Having 3PO, R2D2, Boba Fett etc in the prequels was stupid, made the universe feel very small. Especially having Anakin build 3PO was ridiculous 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
"RJ" has been fired from his announced trilogy.

Source?

The Marvel template sounds plausible; a bunch of Jedi with different ‘superpowers’, a chance for characters from each movie to interact. I wish Hollywood would realise the Marvel template has worked for precisely one company: Marvel. Just make good movies and if successful, opportunities will present themselves.

Yeah but there can't be a major conflict so what's the stakes?

No official source yet. Will be announced months after The Rise of Skywalker home release I predict.

Ok so no source.

He's been announced as sacked from those for the past year and a half, I assumed you had something new.

Bomber it's a bad take because you randomly posted RJ had been sacked as if announcing news. That news has been circulating for years now. You were offering nothing new. Why bring it up? Did you only just realise?

The recent reports of a Knives Out sequel will result in RJ saying "look, I'd love to do more Star Wars, but I'm gonna do Knives Out 2 and see where that goes"

I think they will find a way to amicably announce that they are parting ways. Lucasfilm probably don't want Star Wars fans kicking up years of s**t even before his movie comes out, and RJ is probably annoyed that a movie that should have been well along the road has been kicked down the road while they sort their internal s**t out (that, and Knives Out is doing gangbusters).

It's a mistake though, the tepid response to TROS should show that. He's a talented filmmaker and would make a good film.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back