What team is the most "hated" or supported against.

What team do you dislike the most?

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
I always figured Collingwood would win this by a mile, but since coming to BigFooty I have heard a lot of Richmond hate which makes sense as I figured they would be a close second. I have also noticed a lot of vitriol towards the Hawks, Cats and Eagles.

So, what team do you hate with the burning passion of a thousand suns or if you are a more level headed fan, what team do you always barrack against, regardless of who they play.

Try and keep things civil, this isn't a slagging match, and definitely don't take anything personally.

I imagine all Dockers fans will say Eagles and vice versa and I imagne all Port fans will say the Crows and vice versa but for the rest of the country I'm pretty interested.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
It's more than obvious that the media hates Hawthorn with a passion.....Green & salty, Sour Jelly beans.
You reckon? I guess as a supporter you'll see things differently, but I reckon you blokes get a lot of love from the media. Lots of love and respect.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
You reckon? I guess as a supporter you'll see things differently, but I reckon Jon you blokes get a lot of love from the media. Lots of love and respect.

Most media scribes either barrack for other teams, or it's full of ex-players who copped a canning at our hands consistently.

The fact we're also the most successful side of the last 50 years, averaging a premiership every 4 years or so, also rubs them the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong, I love it, & I hope it continues on for another 50 years yet.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
Most media scribes either barrack for other teams, or it's full of ex-players who copped a canning at our hands consistently.

The fact we're also the most successful side of the last 50 years, averaging a premiership every 4 years or so, also rubs them the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong, I love it, & I hope it continues on for another 50 years yet.
I would just like to point out that the thread is titled who are the most hated teams, but the poll asks which team you hate and I think you picked hawks. You hate the hawks mate?

Feb 24, 2013
I would just like to point out that the thread is titled who are the most hated teams, but the poll asks which team you hate and I think you picked hawks. You hate the hawks mate?

That's O.K. Just thought I'd add to the meeja & AFL-inspired hate-fest....Damn those Hawks & their success, damn them to hell.

It's also interesting that it seems the clubs who are the most financially viable & independent of the AFL machine, seem to cop the most negative stories out of AFL house....There's almost a direct corollary in fact....Jeff & Eddie remain Gill's 2 principal protagonists for a reason.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
Valleys. Chelsea.
Most hated by opposition supporters is definitely Collingwood.

Most hated by the Melbourne Media Mafia is any club not in Victoria. You can literally feel the some time subtle some time overt barracking for the Victorian clubs during game day coverage and post game analysis.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019

Most hated by the Melbourne Media Mafia is any club not in Victoria. You can literally feel the some time subtle some time overt barracking for the Victorian clubs during game day coverage and post game analysis.
I know I will just sound like another Melbourne dick, but having lived in other states I always felt that the amount of coverage and subtle barracking was basically the same from state to state, skewed towards clubs from that state. More than half the clubs are based in Victoria, so of course the Melbourne media will skew towards Melbourne teams. The same way NSW media skews towards theirs and SA skews their way. I never noticed a difference really, other than the fact that vic media has more teams to cover.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
I don't ever want to be seen taking the side of the media, god forbid, but I feel any assertion that the footy media is somehow massively skewed is just willfully ignorant.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
Valleys. Chelsea.
I don't ever want to be seen taking the side of the media, god forbid, but I feel any assertion that the footy media is somehow massively skewed is just willfully ignorant.
I beg to disagree that I am ignorant.

The whole footy industry down in Victoria is in general a sycophantic boys club ie. media, x players, player managers, AFL and club administration etc. wield a lot of collective power and persuasion to push Victorian centric agendas to the front of the queue.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
I beg to disagree that I am ignorant.

The whole footy industry down in Victoria is in general a sycophantic boys club ie. media, x players, player managers, AFL and club administration etc. wield a lot of collective power and persuasion to push Victorian centric agendas to the front of the queue.
willfully ignorant. Big difference.
Fair enough mate, we both have pretty differing experiences and I doubt either one of us will be swayed on the topic.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
I
Why are people hating on Collingwood for?....They're no threat to anyone….Cept Buckley's hopes.
Its only 3 people so far. Figure the other two would go Richmond's way.

As for collingwood, I don't think on field success is the driving factor anymore. I think it's the personalities.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
I voted Collingwood, but the teams I support against the most are basically them and Richmond. Only because they have a lot of fans and they talk a lot of s**t
We sure do.

Mar 18, 2013
University
Confirmation bias is all it is. Every clown seems to reckon the media and the AFL is out to get their club. It's cringeworthy.

Feb 24, 2013
Self loathing is a Hawk trait. Poor diddums

It's true....I hate following a club that wins a Premiership every 4 years over the past 50.

As to the poll...It would appear that the eternal filth - in the Pies & Bombers - are still on the nose.

valycarrolito

Draftee
Aug 31, 2019
I always figured Collingwood would win this by a mile, but since coming to BigFooty I have heard a lot of Richmond hate which makes sense as I figured they would be a close second. I have also noticed a lot of vitriol towards the Hawks, Cats and Eagles.

So, what team do you hate with the burning passion of a thousand suns or if you are a more level headed fan, what team do you always barrack against, regardless of who they play.

Try and keep things civil, this isn't a slagging match, and definitely don't take anything personally.

I imagine all Dockers fans will say Eagles and vice versa and I imagne all Port fans will say the Crows and vice versa but for the rest of the country I'm pretty interested.
my ip birthday wishes tneb
It's more than obvious that the media hates Hawthorn with a passion.....Green & salty, Sour Jelly beans.

ZINADOLL

Draftee
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Sep 1, 2019
audacity temp mail origin