What teams do you especially hate to lose to?

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Of course a loss is a loss, but are there any clubs you HATE seeing your club lose to, more than others?

Of course as an Eagles supporter, Freo goes without saying. Partly because of the insufferable attitude of Dockers fans when they win the Derby, as if that's all they really care about.

Other than that I'd probably say Essendon, Collingwood and Hawthorn in no particular order. We seem to struggle to beat them in Melbourne nowadays. Sydney too - and we haven't beaten them at the SCG this millennium.

Conversely if I had to pick clubs I don't mind losing to AS much (depending on circumstances), they'd be North Melbourne, Bulldogs, Adelaide, since they're the teams I don't mind as much.

May 20, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
29,327 posts
Essendon, North, Geelong, Sydney in that order. It’s not so Bad if you can look back on the season at those losses with a premiership cup in hand but if not then my year is pretty much ruined.

Costanza_

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
Anyone who beats us consistently, the last decade it's been Hawthorn and Collingwood. Adelaide had a great record against us as well for awhile.

I hate that feeling that the result is pre-determined. You just knew before you show up that you were going to lose, regardless of ladder position or recent form.

We won 15/17 after starting 0-6 last year. And of course Hawthorn, who didn't play finals, handed us those two losses.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Apart from the Crows.

Under Hinkley, West Coast in Adelaide and Geelong because we lose the same way every single time. Hinkley is Einstein's definition of stupidity against these two in particular.

What's with our great record at Adelaide Oval? haha. Adelaide has always seemed our most successful away venue even at old Football Park, for some reason.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Of course a loss is a loss, but are there any clubs you HATE seeing your club lose to, more than others?

Of course as an Eagles supporter, Freo goes without saying. Partly because of the insufferable attitude of Dockers fans when they win the Derby, as if that's all they really care about.

Other than that I'd probably say Essendon, Collingwood and Hawthorn in no particular order. We seem to struggle to beat them in Melbourne nowadays. Sydney too - and we haven't beaten them at the SCG this millennium.

Conversely if I had to pick clubs I don't mind losing to AS much (depending on circumstances), they'd be North Melbourne, Bulldogs, Adelaide, since they're the teams I don't mind as much.
Yeah but Who does macpotato hate to lose to ?

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Let's see....

Hate losing to the Swans, especially after tracking all the way to that horrible SCG.

Hate losing to all the Mexican Teams who generally fail to to respect the new kids on the block. Include their indistinguishable SA neigbours in that as well.

Dont like losing to the WA teams who adopted footy late but are somehow a "traditional" state.

Guess that leaves the QLD teams because they're non-threatening, at least for now.

Oddly I don’t hate Richmond. I’ve got nothing much against them these days . But I love it when we beat them & feel almost let down and affronted when we lose to them. It must have started back in the Wallace/Nathan Brown days and continued as a force of habit.

Considering the current gap between the two teams I may be eating a mile of Tiger s**t before I get my next lollies

Back