What terms or phrases need to be left behind in the 2010s as we move into the next decade?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
I actually didn't hate the word problematic until I heard about a billion Canadians start using the word unironically and 15 times per discussion. When I would hear it now and then, it suited what it was used for.
The NBN is problematic. Canadian Universities arguing over pronouns is not.

Throw in fake news. ******* horrid term, usually used wrong.

"Cancel culture" can * off and die as well.

Wasn't YOLO around 2010 or 2011 as well? Its basically dead but lets put more dirt on that grave to be sure.

Might as well through in triggered, NPC and snowflake too.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I actually didn't hate the word problematic until I heard about a billion Canadians start using the word unironically and 15 times per discussion. When I would hear it now and then, it suited what it was used for.

"Cancel culture" can fu** off and die as well.

Wasn't YOLO around 2010 or 2011 as well? Its basically dead but lets put more dirt on that grave to be sure.

While we're at it may as well throw in...

Clap Back
Cis
White Privilege
Whiteness
People of 'Color'
Woke
Racist, Fascist, Nazi (So over used they've lost all meaning)
Hate speech (everything I don't like is)

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

"Cancel culture" can fu** off and die as well.

At least YOLO, whilst unbelievably lame and cringeworthy, was actually positive in outlook. Unlike all the current isms which all seem so angry and negative.

Makes one long for the whimsy of totes amazeballs.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
"Amazeballs" immediately came to mind when i saw the tt.

Think that is not used anymore anyway, but when it was around shitted me to tears.

I haven’t heard it in a while, but a couple of old high school friends used to say “lol” and “rofl” in person. Used to s**t me

I haven’t heard it in a while, but a couple of old high school friends used to say “lol” and “rofl” in person. Used to s**t me

I can honestly say the word amazeballs has never crossed my lips, ever- have just done it in written form, ie here.

Ppl who SAY lol should be punched in the face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back