Analysis What the hell is going on with Bigfooty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
So I keep a spreadsheet with all of my comments on bigfooty and how many reactions they receive. I split the data into years and create a pivot table for each year. What I have noticed is that the number of reactions per comment is down 13% this year. I know it isn't related to the quality of my posts because intellectually I haven't even peaked yet. For footy age I would be considered old but as a poster on bigfooty I am still well and truly in my prime. Is the like button on bigfooty malfunctioning, have people accidentally put me on ignore, or is traffic on this board just down this year because we are going poorly? Are we now in a bigfooty recession? Someone tell the RBA to stop raising interest rates and slowing down activity.

So I keep a spreadsheet with all of my comments on bigfooty and how many reactions they receive. I split the data into years and create a pivot table for each year. What I have noticed is that the number of reactions per comment is down 13% this year. I know it isn't related to the quality of my posts because if anything I haven't even peaked yet. For footy age I would be considered old but as a poster on bigfooty I am still well and truly in my prime. Is the like button on bigfooty malfunctioning, have people accidentally put me on ignore, or is traffic on this board just down this year because we are going poorly?

my take on it , you have dropped off all the erotic stuff you used to offer !
I used to twist my own nipples while reading your stuff 💋

We've been on BigFooty for a similar period of time.

I've never seen anything you've posted and felt the need to like it, and if I did I was likely under the influence.

I have recently been made aware of the presence of bigfooty content that shows me ignoring Scrag's posts

In confronting this, the temptation is to speak in vague generalities and avoid the issue. However, I am determined to learn the lessons of my past and be a better person in the future.

After much reflection, I am now in a position to confess to indulging in behaviours in late 2021 of which I am deeply ashamed. I do not have an excuse for those behaviours, however the state of my mental health over that period post Grand Final dramatically deteriorated, and I spiralled out of control leading to poor decision making and actions at the time. All of this resulting in the leave I took from Scrag's posts at the commencement of logging on one random morning late last year.

The depth of my emotions over that period, coupled with some of my behaviours, have reminded me that, as a poster, I am still very much a work-in-progress.

I know I have obligations beyond myself, not just with Bigfooty's terms and conditions – but in terms of the example I set through the decisions I make, and I will be better.

I have made mistakes. I am very aware of that, and I fully own it.

I unreservedly apologise to Scrag, this forum, Bigfooty and its sponsors, the internet, my ISP and my Mum.

I have made mistakes, but I resolve to learn from each and to do all I can to avoid letting myself down, and those around me.

So I keep a spreadsheet with all of my comments on bigfooty and how many reactions they receive. I split the data into years and create a pivot table for each year. What I have noticed is that the number of reactions per comment is down 13% this year. I know it isn't related to the quality of my posts because intellectually I haven't even peaked yet. For footy age I would be considered old but as a poster on bigfooty I am still well and truly in my prime. Is the like button on bigfooty malfunctioning, have people accidentally put me on ignore, or is traffic on this board just down this year because we are going poorly? Are we now in a bigfooty recession? Someone tell the RBA to stop raising interest rates and slowing down activity.
Sadder than an EFC 150th Anniversary Friday night extravaganza.

I hadn't really thought about it before, but I really like your use of the like button as an arbiter of good Bigfooty posting.

The like to post ratio is clearly an infallible metric that we should all use to judge the quality of this forums users.

Im very sad that you aren't meeting your earlier like goals. Having said that, I have noticed that you have picked up quite the band of dedicated followers in recent months. Im sure that they will be along shortly to tell you how much they enjoy your particular brand of posting, as the joke flies right over their head for the umpteenth time. I larf.

I shall now bestow one of my rare likes upon your op.

The annoying thing is that some of my greatest posts were prior to the 'like' era so I've really missed out on years of minor yet additive dopamine hits
I hear you brother.... :(

Are we now in a bigfooty recession? Someone tell the RBA to stop raising interest rates and slowing down activity.

There's only 1 answer to this question Scrag, bring back the Biggsy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does you spreadsheet measure the correlation between reactions and the drop in crowds number this season. Probably similar so AFL can blame the drop in crowd numbers on the quality of ScragCity posts. LOL.

ScragCity needs to rebuild for rest of year and go hard next year. Not making Bulldog poster of the year with those stats. Time to develop new posts.
I think Scrag is suffering from a post 2021 hangover. Throw in the mid-season grind and he looks like a mid-table poster.

Needs to get some structure into his posts. All the great posters have it but his stubborness is likely to be an obstacle to effective change here.

Would it kill him to lead up to the reader with an interesting graphic or image, perhaps a meme. It's not as if there aren't many to choose from but they've languishing in Google Images all year with barely a call up.

Perhaps also a review of the posting department. How much input does the 2 year old have? From the content and from the outside looking in, I'd say a disproportionate amount but I'm not in the inner sanctum.

At the end of the day you have to score to win. Can't see him making the 8 this year.

Last edited:
Would you be willing to quote a specific post of mine? Or even just tell me the number of the post you're referring to. I still call bullshit.

You might’ve had a few on election night. I’ll let you go back through that thread.

I’m just glad we are back on the red white and blue side together

You might’ve had a few on election night. I’ll let you go back through that thread.

I’m just glad we are back on the red white and blue side together

Ah I see what you are referring to. You were criticising Albanese over the fact that he grew up poor and now earns hundreds of thousands a year, as if that's somehow a bad thing. So I made a sarcastic reply to what I thought was a poor criticism. That has nothing at all to do with "political viewpoints." If you'd criticised an LNP, Greens or independent over the same thing I'd have responded the same way.

It’s all political and social agenda crusades with no humour, insider titbits or insight anymore.

I do apologise for my bit in that, I made a glib remark just to have a bit of a poke.

It’s been a long weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back