What the hell is happening on our roads?

Remove this Banner Ad

1/drug driving
2/massive 4wds that never get used properly and are superfluous and generally can't be operated by female city drivers
3/parental guidance from an early age ,
Ie, shouting at other drivers instead of pointing out tips for them to learn from.
4/most older people put thier hand up when they make a mistake.
The younger generation instead of correcting a mistake would rather abuse or speed away instead of learning.
5/ bigger population less coppers to patrol so mistakes don't get picked up often ie mobile phone talkers.
6/ come at me you under 40 seal milk cuppaccino drinkers.

Last edited:

No one has mentioned the simple fact that humans are simply stupider now.

Add in selfish, thinking they are more entitled than you to get where they are going.

Cupid stunts.
Yep. One thing that is for sure, we are not getting any smarter nor more enlightened or evolved.

The road toll this year seems to be off the scale and nobody can quite work out why. Are people driving more aggressively, are people more impatient or is it just a crook year?
Definitely impatience
In Car device distractions
Unfounded belief in vehicle and drivers capabilities

At night I notice too many cars driving with only one headlight working.

But being forced to have them on during the day will surely never happen, that would be nearly as embarrassing as Americans fascination with guns.
You know the funny thing with this
The fact that some cars ( with older filament globes) have their head lights on all the time means the globe life is shortened = blown globes = 1 headlight

I’ve had this problem so I’m trying out long life LED replacement globes
The newer cars shouldn’t have this problem so much I think

I live in regional WA and Another thing I notice is that people do the dumbest s**t I’ve ever seen while out on country roads .
Particularly tourists but also city people driving in the country .
U turns on a Highway on blind bend or crests
Stopping half on or even fully on the road .
An obsession that they have to overtake everything in front of them
An even more absurd obsession that they have to do 110km even if it is pissing rain or at night .

Now that you’ve got me started here’s another one
When I visit the city these days I notice that the aperture size of the indicator lenses seem to have gotten smaller .

Probably because LED lights are brighter and cars are getting more compact . Not too bad at night .

But in the day time they are barely visible ( in the times that anyone even bothers to use them 😁)

I’m sure it’s nothing that a few speed cameras in the bush can’t solve.

Is it going up as a percentage of population (excl 2020 and 2021)? More people should equate to more accidents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I live in regional WA and Another thing I notice is that people do the dumbest s**t I’ve ever seen while out on country roads .
Particularly tourists but also city people driving in the country .
U turns on a Highway on blind bend or crests
Stopping half on or even fully on the road .
An obsession that they have to overtake everything in front of them
An even more absurd obsession that they have to do 110km even if it is pissing rain or at night .
Bussell highway between Vasse and Margaret River is always fun.

Cars and driving sounds like a great idea on paper, but as time has shown it's just way too much power for the average Joe to handle. We seriously need to go away from cars being necessary for everyday life so that the licencing can be harder and more restrictive. Obviously this won't happen overnight, but the amount of people dying because of cars is ridiculous, I can't believe as a society we are still sticking fat with them.

Cars and driving sounds like a great idea on paper, but as time has shown it's just way too much power for the average Joe to handle. We seriously need to go away from cars being necessary for everyday life so that the licencing can be harder and more restrictive. Obviously this won't happen overnight, but the amount of people dying because of cars is ridiculous, I can't believe as a society we are still sticking fat with them.
Mate I’d have a hover car tomorrow if they were real

And Toothbrushes, toothbrushes need to be heavily regulated as well, way to much firey scrub factor for the average Joe to wield willy nilly.

And Toothbrushes, toothbrushes need to be heavily regulated as well, way to much firey scrub factor for the average Joe to wield willy nilly.
Well if toothbrushes were killing roughly 1.3 million people each year and the highest cause of death for people aged 5-29 then yeah, I'd look into alternative methods to be able to clean teeth safely.

Well if toothbrushes were killing roughly 1.3 million people each year and the highest cause of death for people aged 5-29 then yeah, I'd look into alternative methods to be able to clean teeth safely.
Ever slipped and stabbed yourself in the gum line at 6am half awake?

I'm currently watching ABC news, they're covering the awful bus crash in NSW.

It looks like it was going too fast around a tight corner.

And apparently the name of the police superintendent overseeing the scene of this fast bus? Tracy Chapman. You couldn't even make it up...

I'm currently watching ABC news, they're covering the awful bus crash in NSW.

It looks like it was going too fast around a tight corner.

And apparently the name of the police superintendent overseeing the scene of this fast bus? Tracy Chapman. You couldn't even make it up...

I just read the story, immediately prior to reading the story, I turned my music off, Talkin' About a Revolution was the last song playing.

I was under the impression that if there were seatbelts fitted in a bus then it was mandatory to wear them. I would say that the driver and the 18 others that were uninjured were most likely wearing theirs. What a horrible night.

Heavy fog, roadworks, road reduced to one lane and 40km/h. Was the driver familiar with the local roads or was he from elsewhere?

Until recently my brother would do charters like this, he stopped doing them because he got sick of the drunk annoying passengers at the end of the night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back