Roast What the hell was that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Were in troble this season. Skilluse is is so bad. Was hoping we could cover that tough inside role that priddis played but this game is showing we cant. there is no one that wants to get the in and under ball. Reddon is to soft and Hutching is not consistant. Shuey and Gaff bearly been seen. Duggan clanging it up.
Yeo playing like a headless chook. So many things wrong in the middle.

Then there is Darling who doesnt deserve to be playing round 1. Looks hopeless as a forward.

Rnd 1 we should stick with Waterman and Brander with Kennedy or switch Gov forward. Have a backline of Barrass and Yeo holding key position defence. Piss Darling off to WAFL till he learns how to play again. Cripps can piss off.

Going to be a tough year regardless. Its about mending the holes and there are to many to fix. Simpson will be gone by end of season.

4213830497ea4550aec7ee456948f34f.jpg

222588798789cf66b0255d5fefab6411.gif

Too clever by a half, CM. Can’t believe I wasted poster of the year insight in a troll thread.

Or we just went into a game too tall and without 5 of our best players
I’m not quite buying what you are selling here sir! Are you feeling ok? I fear Figure09 has gone from the hackee (not sure if that is a word!) to hacker :p
4213830497ea4550aec7ee456948f34f.jpg

222588798789cf66b0255d5fefab6411.gif

Too clever by a half, CM. Can’t believe I wasted poster of the year insight in a troll thread.

Yeah, I'm just kidding.

The OP is from the melt thread by Carbine Chaos and this other one I found about Hurn. Shouldn't have used the Dockers 2018 JLT thread tbh.

Last edited:
This weekend was like no other I have seen since I began watching the VFL back in 1980, these new rule changes have massively affected the game in a positive way. I watched all the games and the theme is that good teams couldn't find ways to score for some reason, things will settle back down and balance will be restored to the Universe no doubt but we need to find ways to score unconventionally until we can work out why the good teams like Collingwood, Adelaide and us can't hit the scoreboard.

Yeah, I'm just kidding.

The OP is from the melt thread by Carbine Chaos and this other one I found about Hurn. Shouldn't have used the Dockers 2018 JLT thread tbh.

The user to post relationship didn’t make sense. I was so thrown, when it comes to optimism you were the chosen one.

As I said in Positives and Negatives:

So cheers for that.

Not to speak for anyone else but, yes, I am ruling a line through that game and moving on. Is it very disappointing that we went in too tall on a predictably wet deck? Yes. Were there some very disheartening efforts to win the footy on display? Yes.

Until I see what the reigning Premiers can do on an AFL standard field, I’m willing to ignore that as a quirk of the fixture (like our annual hammering in Tasmania) and move on.

Yep, I will wait and see how we perform on Optus Stadium first before I throw the toys out with the bathwater. If it's the same next week, I join in on the melt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's ok, we'll win 10 in a row now. :moustache:

In all seriousness though, I'm suspecting (hoping) much of the poor level of output was due to the compounding of the following factors:
  • an abbreviated preseason
  • the longest travel of the season
  • not being acclimated to playing in the hot, humid conditions in Brisbane.

The team had 18 tackles in the first quarter, but only 24 in the entire second half.

Their conditioning was not right for the environment and failed whilst the opposition was able to maintain their intensity.

A simple search will find voluminous sources verifying athletic performance and acclimation to hot and humid conditions.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00421090
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/sms.12408
https://researchonline.jcu.edu.au/49459/1/49459-guy-2016-thesis.pdf

That however is not sufficient to excuse this result.

It is not hard to know what the weather in Brisbane is going to be like.

The club had two weeks leading into this match after JLT2 - that is plenty of time to do additional heat sessions on the bikes and training with oiled footballs.

I suspect we took the Lions far too lightly, with an eye looking towards preparation for the matches against GWS and Collingwood taking hold.

Hopefully this reminds all at the club that no matches can be taken for granted.

We have been like this for years with this squad.... if the conditions are wet and slippery, we are stinky. We cant pick the ball up, stick a tackle or even stay upright! Who woulda thought you need wet weather skills in a winter game?

Some say the club should fold. WC did fold in a sense, they folded to the point where the could use the strap-on on themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back