Roast What the hell was that?

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest if we did not win the flag last year I would be pissed. Don't get me wrong was very frustrating to watch but maybe the boys were over confident, and needed to fall on the ass for them to realize they need to bring back the hunger and heart from 2018 that won us the flag. Only round one no alarm bells just yet…. It’s a long season

Our players just don't stand up. Little change in the same group of players since pre-Simpson and we all said Woosha had lost the passion & playing group.

To stand up when it counts, when the going gets tough (like away games where you're team is pinned in D50 for a half) is up to the players on the field.

Flat track away when everyone's down to party but no one wants to get in there and say, "fuc# it, lets clean this s**t up"

Same ol culprits when our backs are to the wall. Its a player mental state. Not sure if Simpson or anyone can fix it in games like today. We've seen it a lot over the last 10 years. Not often we get dragged over the line by a hero.

Don't forget the poor recruiting that Simmo has a huge say on. Blind freddy could of picked Mitch McGovern. I remember when we didn't pick him thinking how stupid that was.
SPP was another given as we desperately needed ready made players.

Our players just don't stand up. Little change in the same group of players since pre-Simpson and we all said Woosha had lost the passion & playing group.

To stand up when it counts, when the going gets tough (like away games where you're team is pinned in D50 for a half) is up to the players on the field.

Flat track away when everyone's down to party but no one wants to get in there and say, "fuc# it, lets clean this s**t up"

Same ol culprits when our backs are to the wall. Its a player mental state. Not sure if Simpson or anyone can fix it in games like today. We've seen it a lot over the last 10 years. Not often we get dragged over the line by a hero.

Don't forget the poor recruiting that Simmo has a huge say on. Blind freddy could of picked Mitch McGovern. I remember when we didn't pick him thinking how stupid that was.
SPP was another given as we desperately needed ready made players.

Errm... Five goals down in the Grand Final not come to mind?...

I know this thread is mostly a joke but I'll admit I was disappointed in Hurn a few times. Looked like some of our players, him included were afraid of making their opponent truly earn the ball, I mean really line them up when they're receiving a handpass like Ryan would. Not just wait for them to receive, then apply soft wrap up tackle. Tackle through them while they're still unsure of their footing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this thread is mostly a joke but I'll admit I was disappointed in Hurn a few times. Looked like some of our players, him included were afraid of making their opponent truly earn the ball, I mean really line them up when they're receiving a handpass like Ryan would. Not just wait for them to receive, then apply soft wrap up tackle. Tackle through them while they're still unsure of their footing!
He definitely got frustrated. I saw him wrestling with a Brisbane player which is the first time I can remeber seeing him do that. Usually he stays pretty composed.

All jokes aside, if we don’t break even in these first 4 rounds, reckon we’re a massive chance to not make the 8
I'm happy to laugh this one off, but lose to GWS and we're then looking at must win games for a GF replay and a derby. That will make me nervous.

He definitely got frustrated. I saw him wrestling with a Brisbane player which is the first time I can remeber seeing him do that. Usually he stays pretty composed.
That was Matheson wasn't it? We was throwing his arms around and Bunga just held him there, unbudged

Remove this Banner Ad

Back