• Lycett and darling chop out

• Jack watts

• Lycett and mcinnes chop out

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Giles

I said in another thread or this one

Give us 15 hit oust 10 touches and a goal

He gave us that and and some ......I joked in the game thread "who killed Giles" because that's not the Giles we've all been taking all the piss out of

This was stunning

He's locked his finals spot up ...Lycett is playing hurt too and we need Giles after the bye
Giles was super tonight and yes Lycett was playing hurt and so was Jacobs. Jacobs rolled an ankle a while ago and is struggling.

Giles unlike alot of the other AFL rucks hasn't been bashed and crashed at AFL level all year and was rested from the WAFL last week. He may not be top class but he fresh and knows what to do and how to play.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Giles was super tonight and yes Lycett was playing hurt and so was Jacobs. Jacobs rolled an ankle a while ago and is struggling.

Giles unlike alot of the other AFL rucks hasn't been bashed and crashed at AFL level all year and was rested from the WAFL last week. He may not be top class but he fresh and knows what to do and how to play.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yup a week off now

He just used his reach well and his taps were not so predictable,

Look if Nic Nat had been playing we would have crushed Adelaide but Giles stays for mine

We play better with two rucks

Giles is a liability around the ground. I dunno what we do this week but we seriously need lycett to be full time ruck next year. Giles is awful as a 2nd ruck, ok as a main ruck. But there isn't much options. I'd probably rather lamb have a go as the pinch hitter, why not.
Well you were a little bit correct. Giles is better leading the ruck.

But tonight he was far from a liability. He was actually the best ruckman playing.....by a long way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there's been a lot of talk that giles is more of a no.1 ruckman, and was exceptional in that role last night

so do we play to his strengths there and play him in that role with lycett playing no.2? i love lycett and think he's a gun, but when fit he's definitely more mobile around the ground and handy up forward.

Last edited:
there's been a lot of talk that giles is more of a no.1 ruckman, and was exceptional in that role last night

so do we play to his strengths there and play him in that role with lycett playing no.2? i love lycett and think he's a gun, but when fit he's definitely more mobile around the ground and handy up forward.
My opinion they should be played in tandem to get the best out of both players. With the week off hopefully Scotty gets his injury concerns sorted out but obviously has some kind of injury that will need to be addressed (possible surgery) at seasons end, so by playing them in tandem is the best chance of Scotty lasting the distance until the fat lady sings!

How was lycett as a forward in his junior days? Could play him as the deepest forward next season and let giles ruck majority of the game. It probably allows jack to plays as the third tall and push down the ground a bit. However, im still not convinced if giles can consistently do what he did on the weekend.

How was lycett as a forward in his junior days? Could play him as the deepest forward next season and let giles ruck majority of the game. It probably allows jack to plays as the third tall and push down the ground a bit. However, im still not convinced if giles can consistently do what he did on the weekend.

Lycett played forward and played as 2nd ruck in U18s and gorrange was main ruck .

My concern with Giles is that he performed best against Sauce Jacobs, who is a similar lumbering dinosaur type ruckman.

I am a bit worried what the smaller more agile rucks (like WB's Roughead and Port's Trengove) will do to him. They may be too nimble for him. IIRC he performed badly against Stefan Martin of Brisbane (though i didn't watch that game), and he's a similar ruck rover type.

Giles was very good in the ruck against Jacobs but the thing, for me, that put his game over the top was his ability to grab the footy when it was bobbling around and feed out quality handpasses. His grab and goal was just icing. Sweet, sweet icing.

He's done some skills work

He's lost weight

He can actually jump

He just has to compete and nullify the opposing ruckman as much as he can

Back