What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The annoying thing for me is this perception of us finishing 7th made us a lesser team and not as deserving of the best team accolade. Everyone in the top 7 were within a game or two of each other with draw benefits meaning some had harder draws than others. The season is not 22 rounds - it's 26. Your wins don't count for diddlysquat until that last game, which we won! By the end of it, we had more wins than Geelong, who were only ahead of us after 22 games. We ended up with the same number of wins as Sydney and more than anyone else IIRC and they haven't beaten us since 2014. So suck it up all you princesses still crapping on about us finishing 7th. We FINISHED FIRST!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The annoying thing for me is this perception of us finishing 7th made us a lesser team and not as deserving of the best team accolade. Everyone in the top 7 were within a game or two of each other with draw benefits meaning some had harder draws than others. The season is not 22 rounds - it's 26. Your wins don't count for diddlysquat until that last game, which we won! By the end of it, we had more wins than Geelong, who were only ahead of us after 22 games. We ended up with the same number of wins as Sydney and more than anyone else IIRC and they haven't beaten us since 2014. So suck it up all you princesses still crapping on about us finishing 7th. We FINISHED FIRST!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And we would have finished higher if our lesser injury list during the finals was also the case during the regular season.
People underestimated the impact of pretty much not having players like Libba and JJ in the same team. Funny thing is, when we did, we demolished teams in the regular season (first 2 games and winning up in Sydney)

Yep at K park. Smash him on his own turf. Right after we smash his brothers team in front of 60K on good Friday.

giphy.gif

And we would have finished higher if our lesser injury list during the finals was also the case during the regular season.
People underestimated the impact of pretty much not having players like Libba and JJ in the same team. Funny thing is, when we did, we demolished teams in the regular season (first 2 games and winning up in Sydney)
Exactly. 2 games of top spot with the 2nd worst injury list of all clubs. But hey, we don't need to justify our success. Our premiership does that. We're all just now realising what hate feels like when you are successful. It's a different beast to just being picked on for being crap. It's a new era for the club

Maybe Scott is just angry we have a team that can actually compile something close to a gameplan. I look forward to his foolproof system of 'Selwood/Danger get the ball and kick it on Hawkins head' all year.

Sook Scott's record in finals - 45.5%
GOAT Beveridge's record in finals - 80%

Hope we get to put the bitch and his shiny little toy Dangerfield in their place this year. Libba played Danger as well as anyone last year before hurting his ankle, we'll get them this year.

This is exactly what will keep the fire burning. Circle the geelong game on the fixture lads.

The game I'm most looking forward to, by far.

Edit: especially after watching 360 last night.

Maybe Scott is just angry we have a team that can actually compile something close to a gameplan. I look forward to his foolproof system of 'Selwood/Danger get the ball and kick it on Hawkins head' all year.

Sook Scott's record in finals - 45.5%
GOAT Beveridge's record in finals - 80%

Hope we get to put the bitch and his shiny little toy Dangerfield in their place this year. Libba played Danger as well as anyone last year before hurting his ankle, we'll get them this year.

Don't forget his master stroke move of Harry Taylor forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bob on 360 tonight
Ahhh, my evening's sorted: Bob on 360, Open Mike premiership special, then getting the popcorn out and laughing at all the salty tears all over BF. :thumbsu:

Scott is an unbelievable loser.

He wasn't entirely wrong in discussing the relaxed interpretation of what constitutes a handball but he was practically exploding with fury that they were on the opposite side of the draw to us.

Does Damien Hardwick lose sleep at night because he didn't get to run into Hawthorn in one of those elimination finals? You weren't good enough, Chris.

Scott is an unbelievable loser.

He wasn't entirely wrong in discussing the relaxed interpretation of what constitutes a handball but he was practically exploding with fury that they were on the opposite side of the draw to us.

Does Damien Hardwick lose sleep at night because he didn't get to run into Hawthorn in one of those elimination finals? You weren't good enough, Chris.
It's ridiculous. We beat the team that they were demolished by in the Prelim. We beat the team comfortably that they had to rely on a missed shot on goal after the siren to beat. We were clearly the best team in the competition in finals, given that we beat arguably the second best team in the finals (GWS) on their home deck. If he thinks that somehow equates to them having our measure should we have met in the finals, I feel sorry for Cats fans with somebody that delusional at the helm.

It's ridiculous. We beat the team that they were demolished by in the Prelim. We beat the team comfortably that they had to rely on a missed shot on goal after the siren to beat. We were clearly the best team in the competition in finals, given that we beat arguably the second best team in the finals (GWS) on their home deck. If he thinks that somehow equates to them having our measure should we have met in the finals, I feel sorry for Cats fans with somebody that delusional at the helm.
Geez I wish that Isaac Smith had kicked that goal.

Worth a look if you haven't seen it ... (only 2000 have).

This will never get old!

Bont's kicking action at 5:20 will make a nice pose for his statue in a few years

Worth a look if you haven't seen it ... (only 2000 have).

This will never get old!

Very well edited and just awesome. I couldnt help but shed a tear. What an incredible emotional rollercoaster the last two years were. I don't think it could possibly get any better than that for a sports fan.
Also reminded me of another of my favourite moments. When Macrae kicked that winning goal in the prelim. I've never seen a player who gets the yips as badly around goal as Macrae and he was the last person in the world I wanted to have that shot. It was only his second goal for the year. But the intensity with which he celebrated that goal...* me I felt that to my core.

Movers and shapers: The game's influencers ranked 30-11

16. Luke Beveridge
Western Bulldogs coach
Last year: -

What an extraordinary story. Since taking over as coach of C-Grade Victorian amateur club St.Bedes/Mentone in 2006, teams he has coached or been part of the coaching panel have won seven premierships. The greatest of the lot was the Western Bulldogs triumph in last year's AFL flag decider, only the second in the club's history and the first since 1954. His secret? He coaches his players really hard, but his love and care for them is self-evident. His handing of his premiership medallion to injured skipper Bob Murphy will go down in Grand Final lore. But at a time when some believe the role of senior coaches is veering more towards the style of soccer management, Beveridge's match day work and tactical nous is becoming renowned and his stamp might be the fast handball game that was so irresistible last September. Early signs are that many teams will try to emulate this in 2017.

14. Peter Gordon
Western Bulldogs president
Last year: 20

How good a year did he have? Let's count the ways:
1. The premiership.
2. An operating profit of $3.64 million.
3. Net debt slashed from $8.3m to $1.9m.
4. The AFL signed off on the first Bulldogs home game for premiership points in Ballarat, to be played in round 22 this year at Eureka Stadium.
Gordon holds enormous sway in footy these days. Gillon McLachlan uses him as a sounding board, and he is also on advocate for the game with the Victorian government given his close ties to the ALP. His management ethos is not for everyone; he maintains an office at the Whitten Oval and highly-rated Nike executive David Stevenson lasted barely a year as his chief executive after moving from the United States. "His style is autocratic but it clearly works because the turnaround has been amazing," said one AFL insider. "People don't worry about them going out of business any more." In his first iteration as Bulldogs president in the early 1990s, Gordon was a brash street-fighter. This time around he operates with a bit more polish and his hair has turned grey, but he is still a man of the people. How many other club presidents would work the till or make a quick dash to the shops when supplies run short during an AFLW match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back