What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't mind Jim, he's cricket calling is rubbish though. I just know that when he tries to have an opinion about AFL, it's time to zone out. It's like Billy Brownless talking about football. It's time to zone out. They're both good IMO for an it of theatrics and a laugh. That's it.

Did anyone hear James Brayshaw yesterday on MMM say "the Bontempellis, the Pretraccas, they never get to good clubs" ? He was saying that the Kangaroos are this wonderful club that never 'bottoms out!' I was flicking through the stations driving to the hardware shop when I heard this drivel and jealousy. We hardly 'bottomed out', we got pick 4, chose wisely and went back up the ladder. This is the same guy who last year didn't rate Bont and was quickly put back in his place by all the others in the box at the time. Dunstall and Judd if I can remember. Between him and Barrett their jealousy is oozing out of them.
Uh, Bontempelli is the reigning b&f in the reigning premiership team. Whilst petracca's team sits 6th* on the ladder. This is just factually incorrect.

Uh, Bontempelli is the reigning b&f in the reigning premiership team. Whilst petracca's team sits 6th* on the ladder. This is just factually incorrect.
I've had this convo with a Melb supporting mate, but man it's funny how everyone is gushing about Petracca this year while the same people have a go at Bontempelli's 'poor' form.

...Petracca is one month younger than Bont. Yet the way people carry on you'd think Bontempelli is 28 and Petracca is 18. It happens with Bontempelli so often.

Andrew Hamilton's report in the Hun (taken from the Courier Mail) finds a way to give David Swallow 1 vote (Picken 3, Hunter 2). In my opinion I could count 7 or 8 better performers from the Dogs than Swallow. Where were Biggs or McLean or Dale or Macrae ?

He also goes on to mention a truckload of Suns' players in his report, incl many that were missing for them. Even finds a way to give Keegan Brooksby a shout out.

I really dislike the Hun using these reports in a Melbourne paper when it's so targeted at the interstate team. Another report written for the local populace.

Andrew Hamilton's report in the Hun (taken from the Courier Mail) finds a way to give David Swallow 1 vote (Picken 3, Hunter 2). In my opinion I could count 7 or 8 better performers from the Dogs than Swallow. Where were Biggs or McLean or Dale or Macrae ?

He also goes on to mention a truckload of Suns' players in his report, incl many that were missing for them. Even finds a way to give Keegan Brooksby a shout out.

I really dislike the Hun using these reports in a Melbourne paper when it's so targeted at the interstate team. Another report written for the local populace.

Jeez, how did he consider Swallow in the top three players on the ground? Mclean, Dale & Biggs were all better than him.

Jeez, how did he consider Swallow in the top three players on the ground? Mclean, Dale & Biggs were all better than him.

Think he was at the bar NOT watching. Said Wallis was quiet, despite Wallis having the highest HERALD SUN SuperCoach score for the game and having 27 touches, while praising Bontempelli, who IMO was using it as a warm up training run for next week.

Votes like this is why we shouldn't compare Brownlow votes to media votes, as if the media votes aren't biased sometimes ( like when Sunday Footy Show gives votes to the guest players!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-23/dogs-poised-to-resign-inform-wingman

THE WESTERN Bulldogs look set to secure in-form wingman Bailey Dale, with coach Luke Beveridge saying he was close to re-signing with the premiers.

It's been a breakout season for Dale, 20, with his speed, sound foot skills and nose for a goal complementing the Dogs' array of inside midfielders.

In 11 games this season, the Edithvale-Aspendale product has averaged 18 disposals and kicked 10 goals.

Asked where Dale's contract negotiations were at after the he slotted a career-best three goals in the win over Gold Coast in Cairns, coach Luke Beveridge said a deal wasn't far away.

"We're talking to Bailey's management, and we have been for a while, so hopefully an agreement is imminent," Beveridge said post-match.

"It's not too far away, and it will be another exciting announcement once we agree to terms with him.

"He's got a sound future."

Dale told AFL.com.au back in June he has no intention of leaving Whitten Oval, and wanted to build on three solid years of development.

Taken with pick 45 in the 2014 NAB AFL Draft, Dale has played 27 games since his debut in round seven, 2015.

"You wait for your opportunity and you've got to prove yourself at the level," Dale said.

"I feel like I've been patient, I know where I'm at (as a player) and I know I'm probably not going to hold my spot every single week.

"Hopefully I can stay at the Dogs for as long as I can because this is where I want to be."

If the deal is completed, Dale will join Easton Wood, Jason Johannisen, Lewis Young, Clay Smith, Marcus Adams and Tim English as key players to recommit to the club in 2017.

I can see the maggots feasting on the corpse of this football club after the tom boyd deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lazy media

Looks like he based his votes on Swallow's 8 clearances. GC minus its two most productive midfielders Gaz and Lyon "matched the Bulldogs at the clearances, mainly thanks to another huge performance from David Swallow".

The lazy media

It's just the same as the Neil Cordy reports in Sydney that are generally centred around the teams from up there and their players, no matter what the result.

White it is frustrating to read a match review with more focus on the loser, I suspect the reverse would happen for them whenever they play here in Melbourne. No issue with it from my point of view, journo writes for his main target audience and media companies are not going to send a second journo to cover the other team. Bigger battles we will come up against.

Did anyone hear James Brayshaw yesterday on MMM say "the Bontempellis, the Pretraccas, they never get to good clubs" ? He was saying that the Kangaroos are this wonderful club that never 'bottoms out!' I was flicking through the stations driving to the hardware shop when I heard this drivel and jealousy. We hardly 'bottomed out', we got pick 4, chose wisely and went back up the ladder. This is the same guy who last year didn't rate Bont and was quickly put back in his place by all the others in the box at the time. Dunstall and Judd if I can remember. Between him and Barrett their jealousy is oozing out of them.
I heard this too. While I quite like JB his hate for us is glaringly obvious.

He went on a rant earlier in the year after Bev said he'd be shocked if any other club complained officially about our free kicks. JB goes as far as saying we received double the free kicks than any other team last year. We had 30 more frees than Norf for the year, an average of 1 extra per game. I don't make a habit of ringing radio stations but that day I was the closest I've been to doing so.

How many times do I have to tell youse !
Take the form guide out and either burn or bin the rest - the whole rag is total rubbish .
Regards , KH.

White it is frustrating to read a match review with more focus on the loser, I suspect the reverse would happen for them whenever they play here in Melbourne. No issue with it from my point of view, journo writes for his main target audience and media companies are not going to send a second journo to cover the other team. Bigger battles we will come up against.

But no one's reading their articles in the northern states, so it wouldn't matter :)

How many times do I have to tell youse !
Take the form guide out and either burn or bin the rest - the whole rag is total rubbish .
Regards , KH.

It's helped me get a few really juicy quaddies lately. I just look at their comments and selections and then go in the opposite direction ;)

shiggs + a fidget spinner

a2b4b46457367bd96618be0570d91c58.jpg

Name a more iconic duo...I'll wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back