What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. I like caro as a journalist but she is not quick to admit mistakes. I actually feel sorry for her on Footy Classified with the 3 male panel members (particularly Hutchy who never misses a chance but is never so forceful when he has to face up to male) so quick to hop into her about something she said that is incorrect or they think is incorrect but comments they made previously are never discussed again. I think she is more intelligent than all 3 combined and they do not like it. But when she is wrong she needs to face up.

Perhaps they shoot her down so readily because in RL she is an arrogant tool who thinks her s**t don't stink? You think it was Hutchy who came up with the First Lady of Football crud...? Hutchy is the smartest, most switched on and driven on that panel by a country mile. Not to mention his insane achievments in Football journalism in a few years. Him being a w***er however is front and center of course.

Caro's interests are the typical Bold and The Beautiful trash of her generation, nothing smells better then someone else underpants. closet rubbish that is personal and only remotely football related. If Barrett plies his trade in a rubbish bin, Caro plies hers in the bedside bottom draw.

Perhaps they shoot her down so readily because in RL she is an arrogant tool who thinks her s**t don't stink? You think it was Hutchy who came up with the First Lady of Football crud...? Hutchy is the smartest, most switched on and driven on that panel by a country mile. Not to mention his insane achievments in Football journalism in a few years. Him being a ****** however is front and center of course.

Caro's interests are the typical Bold and The Beautiful trash of her generation, nothing smells better then someone else underpants. closet rubbish that is personal and only remotely football related. If Barrett plies his trade in a rubbish bin, Caro plies hers in the bedside bottom draw.
It is staggering that her beloved Tigers are in a home prelim where the crowd will be the most lopsided in AFL history and a big chance for a flag.
Yet she persists with sticking the boots into us and trying to link Kent stepping down with Stringer's issues instead of talking about her own team's success.
Seriously Caro,put your Richmond scarf and beanie on and enjoy the ocassion.

It is staggering that her beloved Tigers are in a home prelim where the crowd will be the most lopsided in AFL history and a big chance for a flag.
Yet she persists with sticking the boots into us and trying to link Kent stepping down with Stringer's issues instead of talking about her own team's success.
Seriously Caro,put your Richmond scarf and beanie on and enjoy the ocassion.

When you're as bitter as she is, you don't have emotions like joy and excitement, it's just 'who can I take down or demand be sacked, next?'.

Ok, something about not every autocrat is General Franco, not every dictator is a tyrant. Peter Gordon is the overlord of the WB, a benevolent overlord, a hero of the club. He's put millions of $$ into the club. He doesn't allow his CEOs to talk to the media, the only club she knows of that does that. You have to go through Peter to talk to the CEO. Lyon asked if he's the reason why we've had so many CEOs. Absolutely said Caro, absolutely the previous two. Great to hear from Gary Kent, the first time we've heard from him. He denies he's resigning and yet he's written to the board and says he's resigning. Hands up, I don't understand that. "I didn't say that they had more problems than ever".

Then spoke about PG saying we wouldn't let happen after the previous premiership happen again. There are danger signs here, they're getting rid of their best forward, and they've fallen out with him.I said that their list manager J Mc is out of contract and at odds with some of his staff. I said that there are other players in dispute with the club. And I said that they're going through their 4th CEO in 3 years. I don't think anything I said was wrong. I think there was a bit of overreaction by the Bulldogs.

Over to Hutchy, There are spot fires everywhere, Kent, McCartney. Backing away from it because it was Caro's segment that brought our response.

Caro, "I don't care because I know I was right and I wasn't bagging PG, but there is no doubt he rules that club and I don't know of any other club where the chairman does that".

Well, I'm pretty sure saying last week that we "have more issues than ever" and that the problem lies in the fact that the president is an autocrat is exactly what we've responded to. And sounds an awful lot like saying we have more problems than ever, which she denied tonight.

Caroline Wilson said:
"I don't care because I know I was right and I wasn't bagging PG

Dig up stupid!

Seriously she might as well of shrieked "...you don't know anything about me!!!"

Last edited:
When Wilson said 'I know I'm right' that summed it up for me.

She's a flog. Never admits her mistakes and it doesn't matter how the club responds or what it does, her opinions are formed and that's it, they won't be changed. To me, that is a s*** journalist.

P*** off Wilson and find another soft target.

Kicking someone or something when it's down, then keeping on kicking it. What's that sound like? A bully? Funny, she accuses others of bullying her, yet she would never think of herself as one.

Interesting.

4 CEOs in 3 years is the predictable media line for effect but it's really an exaggeration. To include 4 for example you need to include Garlick who resigned in January 2015 and the new CEO who has not yet even been appointed.

Of those CEOs Garlick in my view (limited, at a distance) was not someone cut out to run the club through the next growth phase. Promoted from within with no previous (and no subsequent?) CEO experience it's only natural to look for someon else. I'm not personally a fan of ex players in these roles without experience - Brendan Gale seems to be doing OK but at least came through the ALPA.

Then Stevenson which appears to have been a fail followed by Kent an interim CEO.

So the true story is one CEO that didn't work out.

The irony is if we'd not bothered with an interim for an extended (and very successful) period this wouldn't even be a story we'd just have whoever was appointed post Stevenson as our current CEO. Disappointing but predictable that Wilson who tries to paint herself as an honest journo show she's just as susceptible to spin for a story.

As an aside, getting a quality CEO is very difficult for a footy club. Aside from a potentially good media profile (not many CEOs actually want) it is not very glamorous and poorly paid (in context).

I would've written an article like this:

After a period in which the Bulldogs had a coach with no playing AFL experience and an ex player CEO with no CEO experience neither of which were producing any results of note, Gordon stepped in to correct the obvious imbalance.

First came the spectacularly successful appointment of Luke Beveridge which aside from the obvious drought breaking premiership may reshape the culture of the club for decades to come. Second came Stevenson which despite the Nike background did not appear to achieve great marketing results or big sponsorship announcements that may have been anticipated. Gordon quietly moved him on and astutely inserted a passionate Dogs man, Gary Kent, from the board as an interim measure for stability while they sought a long term solution. Quiet and unassuming with a strong CFO pedigree in the listed corporate environment it proved a smart move. Debt down, membership up and premiership in the bag there was no need to rush the next decision. Gordon now just needs to find the CEO for the next chapter and continue the success.

Mine's accurate as well - it's all about the spin.

Wilson just has a disgusting attitude when called out on her bullshit. Never takes anything back, never backs down when confronted.
These are fantastic traits to have when you're an actual journalist covering important stories, not so much when you're a glorified tabloid writer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wilson loves a 'crisis' and loves the smell of blood.

I'm sure she drools on the keyboard whenever she calls for someone to be sacked, which is every week it seems.

It would be tiring to be so damn negative all the time and to be so bitter about the world.

Did she mention record membership, a flag and debt all but gone? Of course not because that would be putting facts into the story.

She paints herself as an honest journalist, but she's just another tabloid hack at a dying, irrelevant newspaper.

Last edited:
Was a very disappointing response from Wilson. The two main points (IMO) in Kents response to her FC segment were firstly that Gordon's attitude is not a problem and secondly that Kent's appointment was always only interim and he is not leaving because of Gordon but but lifestyle reasons as he indicated from Day 1. Wilson did not even mention the second point at all. A senior journalist missing a main point completely says a lot.

Jesus Christ there is a lot of thinned skinned people on this forum. There was nothing wrong with what she said last week and this week. And no, Caro didn’t say “there are more problems than ever”, that was whoever runs Footy Classified’s Twitter account.

I would've written an article like this:

After a period in which the Bulldogs had a coach with no playing AFL experience and an ex player CEO with no CEO experience neither of which were producing any results of note, Gordon stepped in to correct the obvious imbalance.

First came the spectacularly successful appointment of Luke Beveridge which aside from the obvious drought breaking premiership may reshape the culture of the club for decades to come. Second came Stevenson which despite the Nike background did not appear to achieve great marketing results or big sponsorship announcements that may have been anticipated. Gordon quietly moved him on and astutely inserted a passionate Dogs man, Gary Kent, from the board as an interim measure for stability while they sought a long term solution. Quiet and unassuming with a strong CFO pedigree in the listed corporate environment it proved a smart move. Debt down, membership up and premiership in the bag there was no need to rush the next decision. Gordon now just needs to find the CEO for the next chapter and continue the success.

Mine's accurate as well - it's all about the spin.
You Sir, have missed your calling! Riches await. :thumbsu:

Jesus Christ there is a lot of thinned skinned people on this forum. There was nothing wrong with what she said last week and this week. And no, Caro didn’t say “there are more problems than ever”, that was whoever runs Footy Classified’s Twitter account.
Hi carol

It's the constant catastrophising that she seems to thrive on that frustrates me.

Everything is a scandal, a disgrace and something which could bring down a club.

So what if Gordon runs the show? Maybe the club needed/needs strong direction? She would complain if there was no leadership, but still complains when there's strong leadership.

The other thing that was said (I think by Barrett and agreed by Hutchinson, iirc) was that those close to Jake agree he needs to go to a club with strong leadership. The inference is that the leadership at the Dogs is poor. Does anyone who is close to the club know if this is a widely held view and something the club is working to correct?

The other thing that was said (I think by Barrett and agreed by Hutchinson, iirc) was that those close to Jake agree he needs to go to a club with strong leadership. The inference is that the leadership at the Dogs is poor. Does anyone who is close to the club know if this is a widely held view and something the club is working to correct?

It's guessing. Are Woody and Bont not strong leaders and how the hell would Barrett and Hutchison even know?

It's the myth that just because Scott, Selwood and Dangerfield are tough and hard, that they're somehow strong leaders. Who else do they have? It's garbage.

robert walls on sen said , if stringer goes to the cats, theyll get the best out of him

he'll have danger and selwood pushing him hard and have high expectations

if thats the case, is that saying something about our leadership group... i heard some people who claim to "know" someone, said that same thing lack of strong leaders

robert walls on sen said , if stringer goes to the cats, theyll get the best out of him

he'll have danger and selwood pushing him hard and have high expectations

if thats the case, is that saying something about our leadership group... i heard some people who claim to "know" someone, said that same thing lack of strong leaders
Yeah that same leadership group that has seemingly got the best out of the supremely talented Motlop these last couple of years :rolleyes:

I blame Bob Murphy's laid back, book learnin' inner-city hipsterism for our premiership winning teams lack of focus. He's quite obviously a limelight stealing disruptive influence on the leadership group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back