What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the FC stuff was that bad

Lloyd
- Bulldogs trying to improve the forward line and as a result the backline cannot be weaker
- Bev is unsettling the team looking for versatilty
- Bev trying to be too cute
- Wood looks lost in the forward line
- Schache and Trengove are not ruckmen

Judd
- Bont is the best player in the AFL
- Bulldogs still have an A list

Wilson
- Bulldogs did not handle the aftermath of the premiership well
- there were cultural issues at the club
- Bev had issues with a number of off field staff,
- Alberti treated badly
- cannot say the media made a mountain out of a molehill on the Alberti incident when PG chose to issue a press release on it
- big egos at play
- Luke had issues with both Dal and McCartney
- a few off field people at the club put their hand up ofr credit for the premiership

Meh, all of this could've been cribbed from here.

I'll save my indignant rage for the stupidity that they will inevitably espouse as they seek to beat a story up during the season proper.

Meh, all of this could've been cribbed from here.

I'll save my indignant rage for the stupidity that they will inevitably espouse as they seek to beat a story up during the season proper.

Agreed. Sounds like Lloyd has been reading bigfooty too much.

Fox footy running an article about dahlhaus being gettable this free agency period and that we shopped him around last year due to poor training habits.

Wtf is going on? Media beat up? Watch all the scavengers such as Geelong, essendon etc pick our corpse.

They all run in the same circles. Jake was obviously the ring leader. I’m not surprised by this.

It’s going to be a long year if you are worried about this right now.
I personally do t believe the talk and just think media link stringer libba and dalh together - I remember the club making a statement at the time denying libba or dalh discussed

You can't trade everyone.
If there is a problem where several players aren't listening then maybe there's something problem with those who are communicating with them.

That said I'm not sure I buy what the media is selling but if there's even a kernel of truth then it's a big worry.

Also as an aside. What Lloyd said was fine and pretty reasonable.

Easy to forget, but Bevo is rebuilding a club here, not a list. He inherited a mess and decided that he could turn the current list in to something that could win finals, but I’ve always thought he was transforming our club in front of our very eyes. Moves like Stringer and possible moves on Dahl and Libba show he is not just thinking about he next match, or next season. He is setting a standard. Jake ran out of chances, Libba and Dahl get another one. They either learn they’re not indispensable and shape up, or we move them on and show the rest of the group that standards must be met. I applaud it, and think we will see the fruits of his labour for many years to come.

His players love him, but he’s shown repeatedly he can make the tough calls. It’s a potent mix in a leader of men.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

9ReRvb8.png

I didn't think Dahl was too bad last season. His tackle count was high. He's not a prolific kick but he led the handball count which was our strength in 2016.

Our early season form fell away rapidly, the Stringer saga can't be underestimated.

We lost our last 3 games too, cost us a place in the finals....

"It’s believed the 25 year-old’s training habits had frustrated coaching staff, although this pre-season has arguably been his best at the Kennel."

This line is encouraging. It's clear a few players got caught up in their own hype (Stringer, Libba, Dahl etc.) and clearly weren't as committed as they needed to be. You can see why the club needed to make the statement they did with Stringer, and with Libba and Dahl supposedly having great pre seasons, then you hope it was the wake up call that they needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s one of our best players, I’d be filthy if he left.

Agree with this, the coaching changes to accommodate Hansen in a senior assistant role last year was the problem IMO.

The article says he had no trade value during the trade period and then in the next sentence suggests he's at the top of club lists - all this without playing another game!!

What a load of s**t.
Keep in mind that he's a free agent this year. I have no idea if the clubbed actually shopped him around, but there's a big difference between parting with a first rounder (what we would've asked) and putting in an offer in as a free agent.

Dogs trade claim 'a lie': Bevo

A REPORT that Western Bulldogs premiership stars Luke Dahlhaus, Tom Liberatore and Clay Smith were put up for trade at the end of last year is "a lie", coach Luke Beveridge says.

Speculation was widespread at the end of the Dogs' underwhelming flag defence that the trio could have joined Jake Stringer in departing Whitten Oval after they failed to match their form of the previous year.

A disappointed Beveridge told AFL.com.auon Tuesday that Dahlhaus, Liberatore and Smith were definitely not put on the trade table.

Dahlhaus and Liberatore are both free agents at season's end, while Smith is on a one-year deal after three knee reconstructions in the past few years.

"Neither Luke, Libba or Clay were ever mentioned by our club in trade discussions, and I don't even think clubs asked (then list manager) Jason McCartney whether or not they were available," Beveridge said.

"(Clubs) may have (asked), but because they weren't going to be traded, Jason wouldn't have told him.

"(The story) is a total fabrication, something that has been made up, a lie, which is really concerning and disappointing.

"They are very much-loved players at our club and they weren't on the trade table."

Beveridge also denied the club was disappointed with Dahlhaus' training standards last season and said the club was keen to retain the 25-year-old.

"No, not at all, so it's another made up element of an article that's been published," Beveridge said.

"I'm sure clubs are attracted to Luke and his game is appealing, and it's something we've got to deal with and manage in our negations with his management in reaching an agreement on a new contract.

More to come

Last edited:
Fox News people. Fox f**king News.They are known as probably the biggest bullshit artists in the world aside from North Korea State television.

Good on Bev for calling them out. Use it for this week. Let’s smash these Murdoch owned plastic campaigners!*

*I don’t know for certain that the Plastics are owned by Murdoch as a tax write-off, but it makes sense.

It’s going to be a long year if you are worried about this right now.
I personally do t believe the talk and just think media link stringer libba and dalh together - I remember the club making a statement at the time denying libba or dalh discussed
Not worried at all. I’ve got faith in Bevo. Not saying I believed it. You can’t just trade everyone out. It just wouldn’t have surprised me if they were quietly told to pull their heads in

If there's no plan for Dahlhouse's high up and under passes this season.Then he learns to lower his eyes.Or becomes a Wallaby. Where he still has to think about team plays,when kicking toward the stars.TEAM GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back