What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what other goal celebrations do we have?
caleb-daniel-of-the-bulldogs-celebrates-a-goal-during-the-2016-afl-picture-id610087030

jackson-macrae-of-the-bulldogs-celebrates-after-he-kicked-the-winning-picture-id610080348

marcus-bontempelli-of-the-bulldogs-celebrates-a-goal-during-the-afl-picture-id610079956

Last edited:
Assume someone may have already posted this somewhere, but any chance Chris Hemsworth is a good kick of the footy? Looks like he could hold his own in the goal square.

Ha ha great to see, isn't it?

Where I come from, he's just another local boy...but we all love him - and his brother!

...and the rest of the family! :thumbsu:

You guys might be surprised to learn that whitten oval has been a hive of activity this morning withe the shop and barkers doing a roaring trade. Even had an up close and personal with Caleb and....libba!!!

Assume someone may have already posted this somewhere, but any chance Chris Hemsworth is a good kick of the footy? Looks like he could hold his own in the goal square.

Loving the hype that comes with being in the grand final.
I'm one of those tragics who's literally been waiting 55 years for this recognition and I'm gonna soak it up.
400,000 Instagram likes for Chris Hemsworth? Awesome.
Biggest TV audience in history outside of grand finals for Saturday night's game? That's because of us.
We're going to need a bigger bandwagon.
This is no time to be going into our shells going "oh s**t, what if we lose?"
One win against the odds may be a fluke, two showed it wasn't, three has to be taken seriously.
Lowlife "experts" like Leigh Mathews are thinking "How the hell did they do that? That's not supposed to happen. Only "big" teams go all the way"
To hell with them. We're on a roll, fans have a licence to go nuts like we did on Saturday night at Shitless.
Bev and Murph will keep the boys focussed while we take care of getting 24-million people on the ever increasing bandwagon.

Terry Wallace had some good analysis of the PF victory and our GF chances on SEN earlier today.

Much like the subjects of Louis' documentaries, we'll just place this one in the random files.

View attachment 292941
WTF I was certain that this was a photoshop job but it's actually real!

Two things I'm sick of hearing out of the media about us; we celebrate too much and our coach is too emotional...

Alistair Clarkson punches holes in walls, the Scott brothers have fits, Eade has broken many phones in the coaches box and you could go on
But Luke Beveridge... He's just too emotional

We also don't celebrate more or less than any other club in the AFL, I think they're just looking for a story where there isn't one..
I loved Matthew Lloyd rebutting them about this on the SFS, saying that's just how we go about it and celebrating hard after the first two finals didn't hurt us. Sickens me how I actually quite like him now.

You guys might be surprised to learn that whitten oval has been a hive of activity this morning withe the shop and barkers doing a roaring trade. Even had an up close and personal with Caleb and....libba!!!
Details please.

I loved Matthew Lloyd rebutting them about this on the SFS, saying that's just how we go about it and celebrating hard after the first two finals didn't hurt us. Sickens me how I actually quite like him now.
I will give it to Lloyd he at least tries to form his own opinions based on evidence rather than just being another talking head agreeing with everyone.

I have no I idea why you would doubt me.

Details please.

Nothing much to say just a quick exchange of pleasantries after Libba, Caleb and Jake finished up some what I presume were radio interviews.

I'll keep the selfie for my own private times..

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...l/news-story/37f231066f99be937df12dbc096ed234

A POPULAR pub in the inner west has turned red, white and blue in a massive show of support for the Western Bulldogs.

The Railway Hotel in Yarraville underwent an early morning transformation, with painters starting at 6am to get the job done.

Owner Jason Sneddon said he was a lifelong fan of the club who made the call to the paint the pub from the game in Sydney.

Crikey's report on the free to air TV ratings for Saturday night makes for interesting reading....

... it was something probably never seen before for an AFL final. The audience for the post-game TV chat was around 50% more than the size of the audience that actually watched the win by the Bulldogs over the Giants. The post-match audience for the game of more than 2.6 million viewers was the top program on TV last week, and will end up as one of the highest this year.

The audience for the game itself was an estimated 1.780 million people across the country. But the post-match audience was estimated at 2.648 million people.. (so) the post-match audience jumped by 868,000 in a matter of minutes as news of the Bulldogs win spread across the country.

It is very rare that there is turn on for the post result chat for a sporting event, let alone one of that size. Usually, the supporters of the beaten team turn off and the size of the audience falls away. Contrast what happened on Saturday night to what happened after the Swans had whacked Geelong. The game itself was watched by an estimated 1.421 million people on Seven’s main channel and 7mate. For the post-game chat, the audience fell to average 767,000 — a drop of around 650,000, and a big difference to what we saw on Saturday night.

Details please.
Who is that fella? Should I know him? I know who Hemsworth is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the emotion and passion is part of our success this year. It is feeding into our belief that this is our story and we can win it all.

If we lose next week, it won't be because we "got ahead of ourselves" or "already played our GF", but rather it will be because we didn't execute our skills well enough and we weren't simply good enough on the day.

Who is that fella? Should I know him? I know who Hemsworth is.

He's all over ABC 2. Usually Mondays at 8:30pm.

Louis Theroux makes and hosts a shitload of documentaries for the BBC where he looks at the weirder and wilder sides of life.

He plays the quintessential gormless Englishman that Americans in particular never see coming with wide eyed perfection. It gives him access into areas that would otherwise be off limits (or beyond their interest) to the wider media is always incredible. He never condescends, but you know exactly where he is coming from.

Last edited:
Loving the hype that comes with being in the grand final.
I'm one of those tragics who's literally been waiting 55 years for this recognition and I'm gonna soak it up.
400,000 Instagram likes for Chris Hemsworth? Awesome.
Biggest TV audience in history outside of grand finals for Saturday night's game? That's because of us.
We're going to need a bigger bandwagon.
This is no time to be going into our shells going "oh s**t, what if we lose?"
One win against the odds may be a fluke, two showed it wasn't, three has to be taken seriously.
Lowlife "experts" like Leigh Mathews are thinking "How the hell did they do that? That's not supposed to happen. Only "big" teams go all the way"
To hell with them. We're on a roll, fans have a licence to go nuts like we did on Saturday night at Shitless.
Bev and Murph will keep the boys focussed while we take care of getting 24-million people on the ever increasing bandwagon.
We are the better team
Full stop.Eagles ,Hawks,plastics now Real Madrid.
We win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back