What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issues with Danger fessing up that he was recruiting Dahl. At least he's being honest about something that'd be going on all the time - we didn't exactly wait for the 2014 season to finish before talking to Boyd's management. And I don't think there's any real difference between who does the recruiting, players or club officials.

I don't think anyone here would be upset if Bont was on the phone to Josh Kelly trying to woo him over too. We're most likely all hoping that's happening.

Interesting how Richmond prevented it pretty well.
And one person didn't make it happen. A whole club including the players you seem quite comfortable in throwing under the bus did.
Beveridge, Grant and Gordon were in charge of governance after it. In that they've failed miserably. The fish rots from the head.
I do wonder if Richmond seeing our fall in 2017 was some sort of a motivation for them this year. Not saying its the only reason they have continued where they left off but it may have played a part.

Looks like the afl is on live at 7pm. Whats the problem?
AFL is dead in QLD. How "Home and Away" is picked over AFL. How can you expand in QLD if the game is constantly on s**t channels?

Uh, the AFL is always shown on 7Mate up here.
Yeah it's bullshit. Should be on main channel 7 and channel 7 HD

No injuries and lots of G games including finals.

The easiest draw by far, it sickens me that they have had it handed to them on a silver platter. 14 games at the G, only four interstate games, what a joke the AFL has become. We had a four game sti t where we played as the away team in three back to back games interstate, for a young team that was really tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The easiest draw by far, it sickens me that they have had it handed to them on a silver platter. 14 games at the G, only four interstate games, what a joke the AFL has become. We had a four game sti t where we played as the away team in three back to back games interstate, for a young team that was really tough.
I think you might want to check the ‘16 fixture. Lol

We had 14 games. at Etihad, and 4 away interstate games.

The Gold Coast game in Cairns was a game we sold, so we can’t really count that as away.

This comes across and incredibly bitter.

If I was a Richmond supporter I might use it to start a thread “Oppostion Supporters say the dardnest things”

The Gold Coast game in Cairns was a game we sold, so we can’t really count that as away.

If I was a Richmond supporter I might use it to start a thread “Oppostion Supporters say the dardnest things”

Really, I admit I am a little bitter, not at Richmond but the AFL, because Richmond has only played four away games and one was against GCS and they lost all but one.

But you had better check the 2017 fixture because you are wrong. Our away games were: R3 Freo, R6 GWS, R8 Eagles, R9 SS Cats, R12 Sydney, R16 Crows, R18 GCS (Home) and R20 the Gabba. That’s 8, or 7 if you discount GCS.

As Premiers you are meant to have the hardest schedule, Richmond’s was no where as hard. As you are referring to the 2016 Fixture, maybe you missed my point. Supporters do say the darndest things don’t they.

Last edited:
Really, I admit I am a little bitter, not at Richmond but the AFL, because Richmond has only played four away games and one was against GCS and they lost all but one.

But you had better check the 2017 fixture because you are wrong. Our away games were: R3 Freo, R6 GWS, R8 Eagles, R9 SS Cats, R12 Sydney, R16 Crows, R18 GCS (Home) and R20 the Gabba. That’s 8, or 7 if you discount GCS.
What has 2017 got to do with it ?

Plus don’t put Geelong games as travelling games, please.

I was trying to point out that people could quite easily degrade our flag by using the same criteria you were using for Richmond this year. Assuming they win it of course.

For the record they had 5 interstate trips this year Richmond.

They missed out on playing Freo away, Brisbane away and Sydney away.

That really would have stuffed up their season playing those teams away and they would have finished out of the eight. :rolleyes:

What has 2017 got to do with it ?

Plus don’t put Geelong games as travelling games, please.

I was trying to point out that people could quite easily degrade our flag by using the same criteria you were using for Richmond this year. Assuming they win it of course.

For the record they had 5 interstate trips this year Richmond.

They missed out on playing Freo away, Brisbane away and Sydney away.

That really would have stuffed up their season playing those teams away and they would have finished out of the eight. :rolleyes:

2017 was our premiership defence, it was a lot harder than Richmond’s premiership defence ithis year is what I was referring too. What did you assume I was saying???
Five interstate and we had 8, and the point about the Cats is as premiers we still had to go to their crap stadium, whereas Tiges played them at the G, a huge difference.

Richmond and Collingwood will always get a disproportionate amount of mcg games every year. Crowd numbers trump equality in AFL land every time

Exactly. Smaller clubs like the Bulldogs get the crap left over fixture, we have to be twice as good to compete.

We don't play finals at Etihad.

2017 was our premiership defence, it was a lot harder than Richmond’s premiership defence ithis year is what I was referring too. What did you assume I was saying???
Five interstate and we had 8, and the point about the Cats is as premiers we still had to go to their crap stadium, whereas Tiges played them at the G, a huge difference.

I think basically we are speaking cross purposes here.

My point was that you can look for fault in any team’s success by looking at their draw injuries etc. ( Regardless of whether they are defending a flag or not)

At the end of the day a footy ground is a footy ground.

There are no secrets about the MCG or Etihad.

It can become petty when you look at how many games a team has at such and such a ground. Richmond are a bloody good team regardless of their draw, and if they had a draw like us in 2017 I am 100 percent certain they would have finished top of the ladder this year.

You are an extremely one eyed supporter and good on you, it’s just I really don’t think we can be complaining about draws etc after the year we had in 2017 and the performance this year.

I recall the crap we copped after 16 with umpires etc and it was annoying.

I think basically we are speaking cross purposes here.

My point was that you can look for fault in any team’s success by looking at their draw injuries etc. ( Regardless of whether they are defending a flag or not)

At the end of the day a footy ground is a footy ground.

There are no secrets about the MCG or Etihad.

It can become petty when you look at how many games a team has at such and such a ground. Richmond are a bloody good team regardless of their draw, and if they had a draw like us in 2017 I am 100 percent certain they would have finished top of the ladder this year.

You are an extremely one eyed supporter and good on you, it’s just I really don’t think we can be complaining about draws etc after the year we had in 2017 and the performance this year.

I recall the crap we copped after 16 with umpires etc and it was annoying.

Ask Collingwood whether the Domain Stadium or the MCG are the same.

I don’t think it’s petty at all, most people agree that AFL is a game of inches, playing at home gives you an advantage. If it doesn’t, as you argue, than why are we one of the few Victorian teams to have won a final interstate?

If I’m a one eyed supporter, that’s my job. Ask any one eyed pie supporter.

Finally saying we can’t complain after the year we had in 2017, ffs it was my point, we did ok until after the bye and then the wheels dropped off. We had a bloody hard draw, and fell away. All good, but I expect the premiers who followed us to have just as hard a draw. I don’t understand why you struggle to get this point.

Really twice as good.

Come on.

Jeesus, how long have you been supporting the Bulldogs?

Does 2015 finals not ring a bell, you know not allowed to play at our home ground Etihad.

Played a finals against GWS at Spotless.

Jeesus, how long have you been supporting the Bulldogs?

Does 2015 finals not ring a bell, you know not allowed to play at our home ground Etihad.

Played a finals against GWS at Spotless.
37 years I have been going to the footy. Not as long as you probably

Lol. Sad day when you don’t want to see your team play a final at the G.:$

Really that means the Bulldogs have to be twice as good as the opposition. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back