What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those looking for a good podcast, this weeks Superfooty podcast was very pro-Bulldog throughout. Had Rocket talk about Picko, and Robbo finally spoke to and interviewed Tom Libba’ (not in podcast, but spoke about him).
Footyology is great too. Reasonably unbiased. If we deserve a wack, we will get one. If we deserve praise, we will get it.

I see as a different kind of insult. Our side only won because the opposition coach couldn’t use a runner to make changes to his side’s play and positions in time. Of course that only works for us, not any other side’s momentum runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outstanding coverage of one of our most spectacular wins on Footy Classified, about 2 minutes max, mostly having a cry about dodgy frees tho Llllloydd did give Shackattack a rap and Hutchy did about 10 seconds on Picko retiring.

Yeah, they would rather spent 10 minutes on Caro's rant and then her having a crack at Hutchy's conflicts of interests and whatever the f*** Judd's segment is. Oh and Lloyd's cook and whatever that's about.

Its simple Damo is a vain bloke who is neither brave or capable enough of sorting out a problem with someone on the spot for fear of physical escalation . This fear grates and grinds on Damo so when someone does something that both feeds his fear and belittles him he will bear a grudge. He will then make bitter, snide comments about and seek to undermine anyone who has made him fearful, pretty much forever. Because they have fed a fear that makes him feel inadequate pretty much everyday from when he was bullied mercilessly at school.

In short, Damo is a petty, vicious, shallow and vain little coward who never forgives or forgets.

You sir have nailed the little scrotum. Nailed him.

I don't mind the concept, but there is just something about RoCo that just really rubs me the wrong way.
Yeah I get that. Fine used to annoy me on SEN too. I just like that there's no agendas. As you'd know well, footy media isn't great a lot of the time, so I find their lack of a person to answer to refreshing.

Yeah I get that. Fine used to annoy me on SEN too. I just like that there's no agendas. As you'd know well, footy media isn't great a lot of the time, so I find their lack of a person to answer to refreshing.
Oh for sure. It's very 'samey' if that's even a word. But I just can't get around anything RoCo does. Tbh there is still a big hole for in depth analysis, a less floggy and more accurate David King type. If someone could carve out a one or two hr weekly podcast looking at trends and patterns, both in tactics and game play as well as the list/team balance of each team and how that could play out longer term, they'd be a massive hit.

At the moment, it seems as though quantity is preferred over quality; the weekly shows cover 20 different things for two minutes, rather than two different things for 20 minutes each.

While on podcasts the superfooty ‘breaking news’ edition was interesting. Mick Terner, who broke the tanking transcript story, finished with criticising the integrity of AFL investigations and processes citing the Talia brothers incident of the 2015 final and the conclusion reached by the AFL that Cheney was “joking”

Is quicksand a real thing or just something made up for Gilligans Island?
I remember when I was a kid, seeing a movie (might have been a Tarzan movie) where one of the villains sank into quicksand. Gave me nightmares for weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While on podcasts the superfooty ‘breaking news’ edition was interesting. Mick Terner, who broke the tanking transcript story, finished with criticising the integrity of AFL investigations and processes citing the Talia brothers incident of the 2015 final and the conclusion reached by the AFL that Cheney was “joking”

Still makes me want to “spew up.”

I remember when I was a kid, seeing a movie (might have been a Tarzan movie) where one of the villains sank into quicksand. Gave me nightmares for weeks.

I remember that one too. Reckon it was tarzan also. I reckon people meeting their end in quicksand was quite popular and a bit of a thing in the 70s

Oh for sure. It's very 'samey' if that's even a word. But I just can't get around anything RoCo does. Tbh there is still a big hole for in depth analysis, a less floggy and more accurate David King type. If someone could carve out a one or two hr weekly podcast looking at trends and patterns, both in tactics and game play as well as the list/team balance of each team and how that could play out longer term, they'd be a massive hit.

At the moment, it seems as though quantity is preferred over quality; the weekly shows cover 20 different things for two minutes, rather than two different things for 20 minutes each.
There is a Podcast called Trends with Marc McGowan which may be what you’re after.

I hate you people for making me look up quicksand and spoiling my faith in movies.

How Deadly Is Quicksand?

Written By: The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc./Patrick O'Neill Riley
It used to be a standard trope in action movies, although you don’t see it much these days: a patch of apparently solid ground in the jungle that, when stepped on, turns out to have the consistency of cold oatmeal. The unlucky victim starts sinking down into the muck; struggling only makes it worse. Unless there’s a vine to grab a hold of, he or she disappears without a trace (except maybe a hat floating sadly on the surface). It was a bad way to go. Quicksand was probably the number-one hazard faced by silver-screen adventurers, followed by decaying rope bridges and giant clams that could hold a diver underwater.
Given how often quicksand deaths and near-deaths occur in film, you would think we would be seeing news about quicksand tragedies in real life. But an Internet search for deaths by quicksand won’t turn up much. Is quicksand actually as dangerous as advertised?

Nope. Quicksand—that is, sand that behaves as a liquid because it is saturated with water—can be a mucky nuisance, but it’s basically impossible to die in the way that is depicted in movies. That’s because quicksand is denser than the human body. People and animals can get stuck in it, but they don’t get sucked down to the bottom—they float on the surface. Our legs are pretty dense, so they may sink, but the torso contains the lungs, and thus is buoyant enough to stay out of trouble.
If you do find yourself stuck in quicksand, the best idea is to lean back so that the weight of your body is distributed over a wider area. Moving won’t cause you to sink. In fact, slow back-and-forth movements can actually let water into the cavity around a trapped limb, loosening the quicksand’s hold. Getting out will take a while, though. Physicists have calculated that the force required to extract your foot from quicksand at a rate of one centimeter per second is roughly equal to the force needed to lift a medium-sized car. One genuine danger is that a person who is immobilized in quicksand could be engulfed and drowned by an incoming tide—quicksands often occur in tidal areas—but even these types of accidents are very rare.

https://www.britannica.com/story/how-deadly-is-quicksand

Its simple Damo is a vain bloke who is neither brave or capable enough of sorting out a problem with someone on the spot for fear of physical escalation . This fear grates and grinds on Damo so when someone does something that both feeds his fear and belittles him he will bear a grudge. He will then make bitter, snide comments about and seek to undermine anyone who has made him fearful, pretty much forever. Because they have fed a fear that makes him feel inadequate pretty much everyday from when he was bullied mercilessly at school.

In short, Damo is a petty, vicious, shallow and vain little coward who never forgives or forgets.
Spot on.
Can someone that hasn’t been blocked by him please post that on his Twitter feed.

He has brought that up a bit on the radio the last couple of years. He (Micheal Warner) bravely takes on the AFL, where other journos don’t.

I hate you people for making me look up quicksand and spoiling my faith in movies.

How Deadly Is Quicksand?

Written By: The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc./Patrick O'Neill Riley
It used to be a standard trope in action movies, although you don’t see it much these days: a patch of apparently solid ground in the jungle that, when stepped on, turns out to have the consistency of cold oatmeal. The unlucky victim starts sinking down into the muck; struggling only makes it worse. Unless there’s a vine to grab a hold of, he or she disappears without a trace (except maybe a hat floating sadly on the surface). It was a bad way to go. Quicksand was probably the number-one hazard faced by silver-screen adventurers, followed by decaying rope bridges and giant clams that could hold a diver underwater.
Given how often quicksand deaths and near-deaths occur in film, you would think we would be seeing news about quicksand tragedies in real life. But an Internet search for deaths by quicksand won’t turn up much. Is quicksand actually as dangerous as advertised?

Nope. Quicksand—that is, sand that behaves as a liquid because it is saturated with water—can be a mucky nuisance, but it’s basically impossible to die in the way that is depicted in movies. That’s because quicksand is denser than the human body. People and animals can get stuck in it, but they don’t get sucked down to the bottom—they float on the surface. Our legs are pretty dense, so they may sink, but the torso contains the lungs, and thus is buoyant enough to stay out of trouble.
If you do find yourself stuck in quicksand, the best idea is to lean back so that the weight of your body is distributed over a wider area. Moving won’t cause you to sink. In fact, slow back-and-forth movements can actually let water into the cavity around a trapped limb, loosening the quicksand’s hold. Getting out will take a while, though. Physicists have calculated that the force required to extract your foot from quicksand at a rate of one centimeter per second is roughly equal to the force needed to lift a medium-sized car. One genuine danger is that a person who is immobilized in quicksand could be engulfed and drowned by an incoming tide—quicksands often occur in tidal areas—but even these types of accidents are very rare.

https://www.britannica.com/story/how-deadly-is-quicksand

All true.

Just don't tell Damo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back