What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob is a media person now, not a Dogs representative. He has to remain as unbiased as possible and he wouldn't be privy to everything that happens within the club anymore. I can understand why he'd be hesitant to comment too much tbh.
He interviewed Jamarra on a dogs podcast a week earlier though. Surely he would have tried to protect Jamarra a little more than he did?

I thought this was pretty ordinary from Bob. Instead of defending the teenage Jamarra and pour coke water on it. He just said he was shocked.
[/QUOTE]
Please , a few less of these references about the kid. 😳

I must have been close by i was near the point post on the right hand side looking at the field. No doubt for mine that it was a goal
Did you see my sister kick the s**t out of the yellow plastic seat after the siren went? It helped take her mind off the idiot Crow supporters

Did you see my sister kick the sh*t out of the yellow plastic seat after the siren went? It helped take her mind off the idiot Crow supporters
Nah i didn't couldn't wait to exit the scene of the crime. Turned and left as soon as the final siren went. Had been lining up at Ticketek for 2 days in the anticipation of GF tickets

FWIW, AFL player rankings no longer have Bont as the games #1. According to them, he's just been surpassed by Nic Natanui.
Nic Nat is a very good player but * me does this point to serious issues with the player ratings. In no way should Nic Nat be rated above Gawn for a start, let alone Bont, Oliver, Dusty, etc.

How much better is this Podcast than what us fans get served with Barkly st.

Bob has been hosting our podcast for the last 3 or 4 years. It’s time for a couple of fresh faces for it. How good would a podcast of Libba or Hunter hosting with a young player. Controversial call because he’s a club legend, but I’ve got Bob fatigue. Listening to SEN everyday as well as hosting our podcast it’s just too much of him. I would love our podcast to be hosted by two current players. Listening to him andWood throw barbs at each other all episode is like pulling teeth.

You did better than me. I had Bob fatigue by the end of 2016. Nice bloke but he does my head in.

Nah i didn't couldn't wait to exit the scene of the crime. Turned and left as soon as the final siren went. Had been lining up at Ticketek for 2 days in the anticipation of GF tickets
Yep and I had the misfortune of sitting in approximately the same seats a year later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much better is this Podcast than what us fans get served with Barkly st.

Bob has been hosting our podcast for the last 3 or 4 years. It’s time for a couple of fresh faces for it. How good would a podcast of Libba or Hunter hosting with a young player. Controversial call because he’s a club legend, but I’ve got Bob fatigue. Listening to SEN everyday as well as hosting our podcast it’s just too much of him. I would love our podcast to be hosted by two current players. Listening to him andWood throw barbs at each other all episode is like pulling teeth.

I would rather be buried alive than listen to Max “I’m a quirky guy Gawn”. But yes Murph could lift his game but I think he is better one on one like the Dan Southern one

Nic Nat is a very good player but fu** me does this point to serious issues with the player ratings. In no way should Nic Nat be rated above Gawn for a start, let alone Bont, Oliver, Dusty, etc.
Naitanui has averaged 7 clearances a game for 2 years, with Gawn less than 4 over the same period, adjusting for the game length. Naitanui getting like only 4 uncontested possessions in any given game is largely considered irrelavent for rucks by the stats (debateable, but an argument there) - the difference between Naitanui's 2 more contested possessions a game incredibly more worthwhile than the difference of about 4-5 uncontested possessions a game. And there's no debate that Naitanui is a better pure tap ruck.

I'd still rather Gawn's because he doesn't have to rest on the bench for a third of the game every week given Naitanui's dodgy knees means he doesn't have any pre-season running fitness base to work with (accepting that that's still reflected in output numbers, but it also means that Melbourne have to spend less time rolling a worse player through the ruck), but I don't think it's a given like you think.

Naitanui has averaged 7 clearances a game for 2 years, with Gawn less than 4 over the same period, adjusting for the game length. Naitanui getting like only 4 uncontested possessions in any given game is largely considered irrelavent for rucks by the stats (debateable, but an argument there) - the difference between Naitanui's 2 more contested possessions a game incredibly more worthwhile than the difference of about 4-5 uncontested possessions a game. And there's no debate that Naitanui is a better pure tap ruck.

I'd still rather Gawn's because he doesn't have to rest on the bench for a third of the game every week given Naitanui's dodgy knees means he doesn't have any pre-season running fitness base to work with (accepting that that's still reflected in output numbers, but it also means that Melbourne have to spend less time rolling a worse player through the ruck), but I don't think it's a given like you think.
I get what you're saying, but at the same time Gawn has taken 72 contested marks compared to Naitanui's 25 in the same period. And 61 rebounds compared to 25. Different ways to measure impact, but having Nic Nat above Gawn just seems way off. At the very least, he shouldn't be above Bont

I would rather be buried alive than listen to Max “I’m a quirky guy Gawn”. But yes Murph could lift his game but I think he is better one on one like the Dan Southern one

Murphy isn’t the problem.

It’s Easton Wood.

Easton seems like a lovely guy but he just doesn’t have it at all, constantly talks over Murphy all the time, laughs randomly and doesn’t have much interesting to say.

Wood comes across as a great best mate, but shocking co-host.

Agree with others on here - Danny Boyd is the better podcast.

Tom Boyd is really impressive. He should be doing more media. A very thoughtful and well spoken individual with a decent sense of humour.
I think if Boyd wanted to spend all day thinking about footy, he never would have retired lol

Dogs v Bummers this Friday night.

AFL website celebrate with headline ''Dons in Primetime'.

Imagine how anonymous we'd be if they were top of the table and we'd not won a final in 17 years.

FFS

Saw that. Had to chuckle.

As an aside, all our home Friday night games have been in front of zero people.

Our away Friday nights have been in front of crowds. Pies. Tigers. Giants. Cats.

I bloody hope the AFL remembers this and gives us a few home Friday night games next year against the best teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back