What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocketsurgery

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Reading the angst of derision from Melbourne supporters, when you lose a Grand Final by 78 Points after being up 19 points in the 3rd quarter, you pull your head in. If the 2 play off next year, or any year in the future, and the result is reversed, go to town. That sort of a whitewash is not able to be explained by the tougher route or accumulated tiredness, heads dropped, chasing disappeared, blokes went missing when it counted. It's a worry.
2020 = 18 games at 16 min/quarter
vs
2021 = 26 games at 20 mins/quarter

Including 4 interstate finals under strict covid quarantine. Take into account time on and the disparity in playing time between 2020 and 2021 is even greater

As a supporter I'm satisfied our players were exhausted and proud they made is far as they did all things considered. You should be more disappointed by the loss to Port in the last round, we win that game and our finals run is so much easier.

MrChristo

Club Legend
May 16, 2002
Sexlexia....
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Are all these departures a sign of anything? We keep being told we're tight.
I think it's a pretty good sign that they're all highly rated and therefore sort-after.

Maybe, just maybe, despite this forum's best attempt to uncover Bevo control and Chris Grant "yes men" conspiracies, the fact that we clearly one of the top 2 teams all year (even while having some physical limitations) shows that our coaching staff were very much on top of their game.
Now other teams want a piece.

I mean, did Darren Burgess have a beef with Goodwin? 🤔

H Dolphin

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2005
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
2020 = 18 games at 16 min/quarter
vs
2021 = 26 games at 20 mins/quarter

Including 4 interstate finals under strict covid quarantine. Take into account time on and the disparity in playing time between 2020 and 2021 is even greater

As a supporter I'm satisfied our players were exhausted and proud they made is far as they did all things considered. You should be more disappointed by the loss to Port in the last round, we win that game and our finals run is so much easier.
Melbourne endured the same game time issues and were interstate too. The last 3 losses were bad enough but this was a Grand Final. There's more to it than fatigue, you could see it in the players' efforts immediately after Melbourne's 3 goal burst. We were never going to win after that but too many dropped their heads.

Last edited:

Rocketsurgery

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Melbourne endured the same game time issues and were interstate too. The last 3 losses were bad enough but this was a Grand Final. There's more to it than fatigue, you could see it in the players' efforts immediately after Melbourne's 3 goal burst. We were never going to win after that but too many dropped their heads.
Melbourne had a week off after their first final, then another after the prelim. Played all their games in Perth with minimal quarantine and restrictions, and endured no interstate travel once they arrived in Perth.

Dogs went to Tassie, then Brisbane, then Perth, then Adelaide, then back to Perth all under quarantine and over the top restrictions. Agree to disagree, but I'm certain that affected their capacity to run out the game in the GF.

On the other hand, we beat Port last round and we finish second. Play Port first final and win straight to a prelim with a week off. We beat Geelong in the prelim and get another week off. Then play Melbourne in the GF whilst being based entirely in Perth. Now that preparation would be even Stevens. We lose that by 74 points I would understand your reasoning for being annoyed

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
SEN reporting that-

1 Peter Rhode, manager of Lewis Young has said the deal will be done today.

2. Really big news - Mark Stevens has quit as Victorian Liberals Media Manager and is joining Sky News.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad