What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry to change subject completely..

Did Ted Whitten Senior ever commentate matches his son played in?

I don't know how I feel about Luke Darcy commentating our matches if his son is playing. Part of me loves it, but part of me thinks it will be strange because of the uniqueness. I can't think of any commentators (in my era) who have commentated matches their son has played in.

One thing is certain, opposition supporters will hate Luke commentating our matches when Sam plays.

Stephen Rowe commentated games with his son this year.

Created a nice moment for his first goal, and don't think the "conflict of interest" caused any issues throughout the season.

Stephen Rowe commentated games with his son this year.

Created a nice moment for his first goal, and don't think the "conflict of interest" caused any issues throughout the season.

I'd agree with that assessment....

Tim Watson/Jobe Watson?

The state of AFL commentary is already so pathetic and dysfunctional that I don't think the Darcy thing even matters.
I was confused as to why Chris Johnson seemed so biased against us in the first final until I found out his son was on the Essendon list.
There will always be biased commentators regardless of if their children play or not.

When do we get to host it? Whenever we’re given one of these ‘marquee’ time slots we always the bloody away side
I'll settle for keeping the fixture for now. If we could lock it in permanently as an exclusively Bulldogs v North game that would be huge.
Then when North move to Tassie we can find a new opponent.

I was confused as to why Chris Johnson seemed so biased against us in the first final until I found out his son was on the Essendon list.
There will always be biased commentators regardless of if their children play or not.
His son got delisted so I don’t think he will be so biased against us in 2022

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously sick of bringing fans in through the gates on Friday/Saturday nights because we’re the most watchable team in the league, as the away side. Then playing all our home games on Sunday arvo against GC and Brissy, it’s a f*n joke.
In all fairness we've had minimal possibility to play home games in front of crowds over the past 2 years. Not much the AFL could've realistically done

In all fairness we've had minimal possibility to play home games in front of crowds over the past 2 years. Not much the AFL could've realistically done
So now that the fixture is unconstrained by those factors that means we’re the home team for all the big ones in 2022? Fantastic!

Sorry to change subject completely..

Did Ted Whitten Senior ever commentate matches his son played in?

I don't know how I feel about Luke Darcy commentating our matches if his son is playing. Part of me loves it, but part of me thinks it will be strange because of the uniqueness. I can't think of any commentators (in my era) who have commentated matches their son has played in.

One thing is certain, opposition supporters will hate Luke commentating our matches when Sam plays.

I don’t want Darcy commentating any of our matches. Period.

He is clearly biased when calling our games and I can’t stand biased commentary even towards my own team (I also really hate that typical Norf whiner James Brayshaw for his bias against us)

People like Darcy (club great and now on the board) should not be commentating games involving their club.

I don’t want Darcy commentating any of our matches. Period.

He is clearly biased when calling our games and I can’t stand biased commentary even towards my own team (I also really hate that typical Norf whiner James Brayshaw for his bias against us)

People like Darcy (club great and now on the board) should not be commentating games involving their club.
I agree, at least on a mainstream broadcast.

I think the UK do it well with the EPL. I often watch Chelsea games with Chelsea supporters commentating. That's designed to target only Chelsea supporters. I'm fairly certain most (if not all) EPL teams would have this feature - an option to listen to bias commentary outside of the main broadcast.

By round 8 this year we had 4 Friday night games all away, and home games against Brisbane GC WCE and Carlton on Mother’s Day, Covid or not it’s always how it goes for us

I agree, at least on a mainstream broadcast.

I think the UK do it well with the EPL. I often watch Chelsea games with Chelsea supporters commentating. That's designed to target only Chelsea supporters. I'm fairly certain most (if not all) EPL teams would have this feature - an option to listen to bias commentary outside of the main broadcast.

The EPL and Soccer in general have much better commentary than the AFL.

Martin Tyler and Peter Drury are excellent, and Simon Hill here in Australia is great.

At the moment in AFL I currently only really rate Anthony Hudson and Jason Bennett as top class commentators.

Hamish McLaughlin has improved to become decent-ish.

The rest = mediocre to just plain unbearable.

By round 8 this year we had 4 Friday night games all away, and home games against Brisbane GC WCE and Carlton on Mother’s Day, Covid or not it’s always how it goes for us
Also further to this - it was very noticeable with the fixture being made as we went this year and us being one of the top form teams, we were repeatedly given prime time, but never for the benefit of our club. Then people have the nerve to use home game attendance averages against us like it’s fair game.

Anyway rather some exposure than none I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back