What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

doggies ftw

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I remember when the pro-pundits had as a lock into perpetuity because of our unrivalled yoof after 2016.
Yeah anything can happen but it’s not our unrivalled youth anymore - now it’s our unrivalled quality in their prime. Big difference.

Too many unknowns with this season to lock anyone in anywhere - but I’d be very very surprised if we’re not one of the teams to beat

Virgin Dog

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't see how we could be a top four lock when we have literally never finished inside the top four in Bevo's era. Bit of a joke tbh. I'd say our range is anywhere between 2nd and 12th.
Finishing 12th with this group, fresh off a grand final, is as good as a spoon

ScragCity

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Finishing 12th with this group, fresh off a grand final, is as good as a spoon

12th is worse case scenario imo. I think we have enough talent that even if we have a sh*t year we won't end up in the bottom six. I think we are more likely to finish in the 5-8th range.

Strengths:

Shitloads of talent
Stacked midfield
Great senior coach

Weaknesses:

No competitive ruck
Questionable KPPs apart from Naughton and Keath
Instability in our coaching ranks

I think our weaknesses will make it hard for us to finish top four. I think our strengths will make it hard for us to finish outside the eight.

Virgin Dog

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
12th is worse case scenario imo. I think we have enough talent that even if we have a sh*t year we won't end up in the bottom six. I think we are more likely to finish in the 5-8th range.

Strengths:

Shitloads of talent
Stacked midfield
Great senior coach

Weaknesses:

No competitive ruck

I think our weaknesses will make it hard for us to finish top four. I think our strengths will make it hard for us to finish outside the eight.
I agree 5-8 is our most likely range, it's just that finishing outside the 8, barring some crazy scenario like COVID protocols wiping out our available list like its already done to the Women's side, likely indicates serious issues within the club (list management, strength and conditioning, coaching, etc)

Anja_Nees

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Understand Lachie Hunter has undergone major plastic surgery to look like Koby Stevens.

519EA031-ACC3-4DCF-B091-C34FE88B2364.jpeg

BulldogMuscle

Big Barry Hall
Jan 7, 2021
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Strengths:

Shitloads of talent
Stacked midfield
Great senior coach

Weaknesses:

No competitive ruck

Do you really think we have instability in the coaching ranks? We've just had our first lot of assistant coach turnover in close to a decade, let the new guys prove themselves before we start worrying about that aspect.

I'm more worried about the lack of ruck, and the mental challenge of overcoming what happened in the GF. They can say ''its behind us we won't even review it'' as much as they want, a flogging like what the team copped will leave scars and have some sort of effect, good or bad is yet to be seen.

Fossie 32

Premium Platinum
Oct 6, 2002
1300GODOGS
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne..VICTORY, Leeds
Do you really think we have instability in the coaching ranks? We've just had our first lot of assistant coach turnover in close to a decade, let the new guys prove themselves before we start worrying about that aspect.

I'm more worried about the lack of ruck, and the mental challenge of overcoming what happened in the GF. They can say ''its behind us we won't even review it'' as much as they want, a flogging like what the team copped will leave scars and have some sort of effect, good or bad is yet to be seen.
Are they saying that?

Northernsoul74

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I hope at least the coaches have reviewed the GF. We have a very very good midfield but if it’s to be great the balance and defensive side needs to be there to. The GF wasn’t the only time last year we let a team get a run on us from the centre bounce.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Strengths:

Shitloads of talent
Stacked midfield
Great senior coach

Weaknesses:

No competitive ruck

We are not missing finals

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Don’t reckon the GF will do anything other than motivate I would be more concerned about Melbourne getting carried away with themselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad