What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Gordon representing Egg Boy, pro bono
The thing is, as much as Anning is a flog, Egg Boy being celebrating for getting physical with an elected official should also be condemned. There are other ways to go about it, don't resort to being a flog as well by breaking an egg over someone's head.

I think it starts 3.45pm.

I'm going off my memory which ain't great.

And they’re wearing what looks like another version of the Thor jumper

Edit: No just the standard Thor, looks a bit different out there

Last edited:
The thing is, as much as Anning is a flog, Egg Boy being celebrating for getting physical with an elected official should also be condemned. There are other ways to go about it, don't resort to being a flog as well by breaking an egg over someone's head.
I agree. I can't stand Anning but at the same time we can't say it's OK to assault public figures.
If some say Anning is differentbecause he has "crossed a line" who is going to determine where that line is? Would it be OK for a neo-Nazi to egg Jacinda Ardern?

Anyway, well done PG. Now back to the footy ...

I agree. I can't stand Anning but at the same time we can't say it's OK to assault public figures.
If some say Anning is differentbecause he has "crossed a line" who is going to determine where that line is? Would it be OK for a neo-Nazi to egg Jacinda Ardern?

Anyway, well done PG. Now back to the footy ...
How did the egg feel, who cares about the egg ?

Truly incredible to describe both a white supremacist on Anning's scale and a 17-year-old boy doing an egging with the exact same word. I can see how an egging can be floggish, I can think of a lot better and more specific words to describe Fraser Anning.

FWIW we should just ignore them both, Anning is a accidental politician who gets way to much publicity and wouldnt have been there if the Libs hadn't directed preferences to One Nation.
And whilst I dont condone violence unless its directed at the Bombers this was low level stuff more for effect than assault.

FWIW we should just ignore them both, Anning is a accidental politician who gets way to much publicity and wouldnt have been there if the Libs hadn't directed preferences to One Nation.
And whilst I dont condone violence unless its directed at the Bombers this was low level stuff more for effect than assault.
We definitely should not ignore Anning. The fact that he is a politician is a disgrace to the nation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We definitely should not ignore Anning. The fact that he is a politician is a disgrace to the nation.
Your right there he should be booted on his arse and will be as he wont get the preferences this time, but I dont think giving him free publicity is a good thing either.

Elected official or not- no one should be assaulted. The punishment should be the same as egging anyone- nothing would happen if it’s was just a reg guy on the street so the punishment for this kid should be the same as it would be if it wasn’t a public figure.
The comments he made were crap but there are better ways to deal with this stuff

Your right there he should be booted on his arse and will be as he wont get the preferences this time, but I dont think giving him free publicity is a good thing either.

White supremacists like to get on with their work quietly, gradually building their fanbase and being normalised and accepted into the public discourse over time.

Egging them in public and revealing them for what they are is a specific strategy that is used to take away the mystique and the aura they like to think they have.

White supremacists like to get on with their work quietly, gradually building their fanbase and being normalised and accepted into the public discourse over time.

Egging them in public and revealing them for what they are is a specific strategy that is used to take away the mystique and the aura they like to think they have.
Maybe but I worry more about those who demonise the minorities in a semi acceptable way as they actually empower these clowns even further. You only have to hear and read some of the recent crap from our poloticians who should and do know better but say this crap just to hold on to power.

Maybe but I worry more about those who demonise the minorities in a semi acceptable way as they actually empower these clowns even further. You only have to hear and read some of the recent crap from our poloticians who should and do know better but say this crap just to hold on to power.

I absolutely agree. Anning's actions give easy PR to "moderates", who can say "oh he's gone too far" and take the focus off everything they do and have done themselves. They are the actual bigger danger and have more power, but that doesn't mean we just let the outliers get away with everything they want either. They're all part of the same thing.

I absolutely agree. Anning's actions give easy PR to "moderates", who can say "oh he's gone too far" and take the focus off everything they do and have done themselves. They are the actual bigger danger and have more power, but that doesn't mean we just let the outliers get away with everything they want either. They're all part of the same thing.

There's an American politician for the Republicans called Steven King who is an out and out White Supremacist. He finally said the quiet part out loud and the GOP tutt-tutted him but took no action because he was indeed saying what they wanted to say but out loud.

You're bang on about how these people exist as easy PR. They're useful and share similar views but they are marginal enough that their allies can go 'how dare you' when they go too far.

If you know your history, egging someone in power has long been the provence of the powerless, what was different in this case was that he stood next to him to do it. Yes, even PM Gillard has been egged, but showed a lot more grace than this Anning. It doesn’t justify Anning, punching him in the face three times before being pulled off him by one of his goons and then the goons jumping on the kid.

Last edited:
There's an American politician for the Republicans called Steven King who is an out and out White Supremacist. He finally said the quiet part out loud and the GOP tutt-tutted him but took no action because he was indeed saying what they wanted to say but out loud.

You're bang on about how these people exist as easy PR. They're useful and share similar views but they are marginal enough that their allies can go 'how dare you' when they go too far.

Bingo, Anning is too stupid to be subtle, and the hardcore Coalition members would be quite happy everyone is going after him, letting their dog whistling go unremarked on.

Western Bulldogs’ Aaron Naughton to play forward after first year in defence for WA product
Shayne HopeThe West Australian
Tuesday, 19 March 2019 11:48AM

Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge expects Aaron Naughton to be a “significantly influential player” in attack this season.
The WA teenager, a first-round draft pick in 2017, was an underage All-Australian defender and played the majority of his 18 games during his debut season in the Dogs’ back line.
However, premiership ruck-forward Tom Boyd’s long-term back injury has forced Beveridge to experiment with swinging Naughton forward this year.

Want to win a Mazda BT-50 XTR with Boss Adventure Pack worth more than $67,000? Register to play The Game tipping and fantasy today!
The Peel product kicked three goals in the Dogs’ second JLT series match against St Kilda and will look to cause headaches for Sydney in the round one clash at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night.

“You’ve got to win games, you can’t save them from the start,” Beveridge told SEN.

“We see Aaron at the moment as a promising key forward and he’s got all the attributes that tell us that there’s a big chance that he’s going to be a significantly influential player down there.

“We’d like to persist with that.”

Naughton kicked two goals last year, both of which came during a defeat to North Melbourne in round 14

Beveridge forecast Naughton could still be used at both ends of the ground as he tinkers with the line-up throughout the season.

“At the moment, we’d like Aaron to play forward and at different times you come up against some threatening key forwards who you have to cater for,” Beveridge said.

“But if it happens in a game that we’re going down a path where we’re struggling back there and we can move Aaron back, that’s always an option.
“There are always contingencies, but we’ve got to find a way to score and in the four years that I’ve coached, we haven’t been able to piece together any uniformity for various reasons.”

The Bulldogs ranked fourth-last in scoring last season with an average of 73 points a game.
Top goal kicker Billy Gowers managed 26 goals, with midfielder Marcus Bontempelli (22) the only other Dogs player to contribute more than 20.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wester...year-in-defence-for-wa-product-ng-b881140451z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back