What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow news day. It was a fluff piece & umpire interviewed said Bev didn't say anything except protect the player with the ball (it was the 2nd time in a couple of weeks his son got a heavy knock).

From the umpires: "“They told me Luke said, ‘That’s my boy, that’s twice in two weeks he’s gone down, make sure you’re protecting the ball player’. That’s all he said, protect the ball player. There was no heated confrontation or discussion or anything like that. He did what any concerned parent would do, in my view."
Feel for his son's coach. How'd you be coaching the son of a bloke who's twice been named AFL coach of the year?
I once coached a 13yo kid at soccer whose Dad played for Australia, and there was I, just a social league player. Mercifully he didn't butt in with any criticisms or patronising advice but it would have been pretty hard to coach if he did. (We won the title that year so maybe he didn't feel the need!)

Dale Morris on AFL Tonight. Very well spoken. Can see a future in the media as a boundary rider reporter.

Think bigger. He is destined to be a coach and will be snapped up by a club the instant he announces his retirement sometime after 2030.

When he speaks, players will listen.

Feel for his son's coach. How'd you be coaching the son of a bloke who's twice been named AFL coach of the year?
I once coached a 13yo kid at soccer whose Dad played for Australia, and there was I, just a social league player. Mercifully he didn't butt in with any criticisms or patronising advice but it would have been pretty hard to coach if he did. (We won the title that year so maybe he didn't feel the need!)
I swear you people bring back old memories for me almost every day. Speaking of coaching... I never coached the son of a professional player, but I did coach against a professional player. It was Garry Wilson from Fitzroy back about 1981, and my team beat his! Of course, it was just a Year 8 basketball team, St Leo's Box Hill versus Whitefriars, but that counts I think. The win really goes to the two Year 12 boys I seconded to help me. Well, they actually coached, I just approved everything they said. If I remember correctly, Garry wasn't the most gracious loser. You'd think playing for Fitzroy back then, he'd be used to losing. Of course our Bulldogs weren't anything special back then. Indeed, not special at all with Royce Hart as coach.

coxman

Team Captain
Sep 5, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Think bigger. He is destined to be a coach and will be snapped up by a club the instant he announces his retirement sometime after 2030.

Spot on, if ever there was a player destined to be at the doggies for life it is Dale Morris, keep him at all costs dogs!

Career tragically cut shut short by a world-wide shortage of titanium?

I dunno, Moz is too NICE to be a coach and have to give players a spray and deal with the pressure of losing (think Bolton) and media constantly slagging you and your team, for starters. Matthew Boyd on the other hand is perfectly suited. I could see Dale in player welfare or something like that, though.

Post 7354

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
On the couch:

Based on current ladder positions, we have the hardest draw for the remainder of the year.

Pies, GWS and Cats have the easiest.

Not ideal

That's some really really special insight from the On the Couch lads.

The teams occupying the top three spots have the easiest draws and a team in 12th one of the hardest.

Who'd have thunk it?

Slow news day. It was a fluff piece & umpire interviewed said Bev didn't say anything except protect the player with the ball (it was the 2nd time in a couple of weeks his son got a heavy knock).

From the umpires: "“They told me Luke said, ‘That’s my boy, that’s twice in two weeks he’s gone down, make sure you’re protecting the ball player’. That’s all he said, protect the ball player. There was no heated confrontation or discussion or anything like that. He did what any concerned parent would do, in my view."

Surprised Barrett didn't turn it into a story

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Worst we ever had and the bar had not been set particularly high.

Funny how Footy has changed since then. Scored over 100 points 11 times ( twice 160+) in 1980 yet only won 4 games ( but no wooden spoon) , losing 3 games by over 100 points. Imagine the Game Day threads on Big Footy back then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back