What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who boo’d/boo’s Stringer needs to have a look at themself. There’s a difference between walking out on the club like Griffen and Dahl, and someone being kicked out and used as a scapegoat. Stringer never wanted to leave the club until he was treated like **** and had no choice but to leave.

Mate I’m still booing him for his pisswesk efforts for all of 2016.

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mate I’m still booing him for his pisswesk efforts for all of 2016.

It's different though. Stringer never actively tried to leave for selfish reasons.

Ward, Griffen, Higgins and Dahlhaus were the worst. They left because they wanted money and/ or glory. Stringer never asked for either.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's different though. Stringer never actively tried to leave for selfish reasons.

Ward, Griffen, Higgins and Dahlhaus were the worst. They left because they wanted money and/ or glory. Stringer never asked for either.
Should players not have the right to leave for monetary reasons? Have you never left a job for another that pays better, provides better job security and/or has better benefits?

Honestly I have nothing against any of Ward, Higgins or Dahlhaus for leaving. Griffen is a different story considering he accepted the position of captain - feels like that naturally assumes you are committed to the club long term

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Thats true of Stringer. He simply wanted to be exempt from the training, rehabilition and accountability standards that applied to everyone else. I could never understand why we didn't indulge him. He's such a special player.

Joking. I’m not really into booing unless thuggery is involved on game day.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Ward left for over 350k extra a year and nearly 1.5 million overt he term of contract offered. Tell me you wouldn’t?

We forced Griff and Dahl out

Higgo is and always was weak and is the only one that list that deserves to be booed(even though I’ve never booed anyone)

The Buck

All Australian
Sep 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Should players not have the right to leave for monetary reasons? Have you never left a job for another that pays better, provides better job security and/or has better benefits?

Honestly I have nothing against any of Ward, Higgins or Dahlhaus for leaving. Griffen is a different story considering he accepted the position of captain - feels like that naturally assumes you are committed to the club long term

Well said Virgin Dog.

The transfer that really pi55es me off is Callan Ward.

Local lad, Doggies supporter, hard-as-nails model club man and good bloke.

Thanks to the stupid, stubborn stance of James Fantasia we now have to witness watching this great player wearing the plastic orange jumper year in, year out. And he wanted to stay!

I reckon had he stayed he would probably be our captain now.

I would never boo him.

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well said Virgin Dog.

Thanks to the stupid, stubborn stance of James Fantasia we now have to witness watching this great player wearing the plastic orange jumper year in, year out. And he wanted to stay!

I would never boo him.
Yeah I’ve always blamed the AFL for bringing the Giants in, but then, if we didn’t get Tom Boyd, we wouldn’t have won a flag

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well said Virgin Dog.

I would never boo him.
Meh, I'm quite happy with Macrae as compensation. Much better player too

Well said Virgin Dog.

I would never boo him.
Pretty sure he wasn't a Dogs supporter as a kid (Bombers maybe?) Agree with everything else you said.

It was a sliding doors moment - sure we wouldn't have got Macrae but over their career Ward could still end up being the better player. If he'd stayed and become captain Griffen might have stayed too. So who knows how long we'd have had to put up with Macca but we probably wouldn't have got Bevo. Would we have won a flag just by cracking in? Doubt it.

I'd have been happy with either. Macrae is a gun. It's all history now, anyway.

It still irks me that Melbourne got two first rounders for Scully and we only got one for Ward who turned out to be far the better player.
Up yours, <insert name of whoever ran the AFL back then>!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae nailed the final goal in the prelim and sent the dogs to one of the greatest flags of all time. If I was God and i had my time over again, I would compel Fantasia to lowball Ward 10,000x over.

Thank you McMahon
Thank you Ward

Macrae nailed the final goal in the prelim and sent the dogs to one of the greatest flags of all time. If I was God and i had my time over again, I would compel Fantasia to lowball Ward 10,000x over.

Thank you McMahon
Thank you Ward
Yeah it is kinda biblical isn't it...

Then McMahon begat Ward
And Ward begat Macrae
And Dog saw that he was good
So He sent a prophet whose name was Bevo to rescue Dog's chosen people
And I say unto you truly that in time Macrae nailed a crucial goal against the Kingdom of the Upstarts and Hypocrites
And yea verily the Western Suburbs erupted.

[Bont 4:16]

Dahlhaus, wanted to stay but on a 3 year contract, we refused and offered him 2, he is on the same money that we offered at Geelong.

I think our club has been pretty good about recognising that some players needed a change of scenery. Stringer, prolonged his career being traded, but for all the talk about him being our best player,he still flashes in and out of games. Higgins wanted more money, we said no, he moved on after it sounded like he fell out with Macca.

Ward was a complete stuff up on the part of the club, and the AFL ripped us off as well, giving Melbourne two round 1 picks for Scully and only one for Ward.

Griffen, I look at a bit more sympathetically he didn’t know what to do with Macca losing the players. Flight or fight, he chose flight, and his career took a nose dive.

Hamling, only wish him well.

Adams, still not on the park, whose fault is that?

Players claim they moved on to save face, and the club allows them to do it.

hoianbulldog

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2006
Hoi An, Vietnam. I am off the grid.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Ward was offered a once in a life time deal that both you and would have taken.

Griffen was thrown under a bus by the club being made captain of a struggling club. He doesn't have a leadership bone in his body but was a great footballer at his prime. Both you and i would want out of that situation.

Higgins didnt exactly set the world on fire at the bulldogs, mostly because of injury. He needed a change and we needed a trade. I am wrapt for him how well he is doing know.

Dal, i don't know much about the circumstances but it seems we wanted him out and out was the best option for his career.

Stop crapping on a player just coz they moved on.

Most of your post above is absolute garbage.

hoianbulldog

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2006
Hoi An, Vietnam. I am off the grid.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

In Griffens defence he didnt have the maturity to tell the idiots who wanted him captain that they were idiots.

Moz or boyd would have been much better options for the club at that stage but they were not racking up enough supercoach points

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is it just me, or is Essendon and their ‘cheif apologists’ in the media, just banging on and on and on about one missed free kick? When Michael Talia lost his phone?? And the AFL just swept it under the carpet with an ametuer investigation, because of the implications of betting and finals results. Where was our ‘cheif football writer’ in the media standing up for the club like ol’ Robbo (leader of the Essendon cheer squad). The Talia cheating was 10x this ‘scandal’ with one tenth written about it.

In Repair

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is it just me, or is Essendon and their ‘cheif apologists’ in the media, just banging on and on and on about one missed free kick? When Michael Talia lost his phone?? And the AFL just swept it under the carpet with an ametuer investigation, because of the implications of betting and finals results. Where was our ‘cheif football writer’ in the media standing up for the club like ol’ Robbo (leader of the Essendon cheer squad). The Talia cheating was 10x this ‘scandal’ with one tenth written about it.

Always different when the shoe is on the other foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back