Western Bulldogs
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Missed the start of 360 but they have Bulldogs scarves? on the desk

I think they said Bob was on tonight, but I wasn’t paying attention due to the love fest involving Robbo and Worsfold, and Hudson and Scott...

Are your over-30s over the hill? Who plays on, who goes

Western Bulldogs

Luke Beveridge has fielded the second-youngest team on average this season, with only Gold Coast younger. There is growing optimism around the latest crop of Bulldogs, but the likes of Tim English, Aaron Naughton and Bailey Smith need on-field guidance to help continue their development.

Tory Dickson
The veteran forward is out of contract and turns 32 in Grand Final week. Despite playing 11 games in 2019 and putting together a solid month since an AFL recall from Footscray, it might be time to thank him for his services. GO
Dale Morris
Suffering two knee injuries in two seasons at 36 years old should make it an easy decision – but this is Dale Morris. He's got through two VFL games and flagged his intent to go on next year. The Bulldogs would benefit from his presence. STAY
Liam Picken

The 32-year-old called time on his 198-game career earlier this season due to ongoing concussion symptoms. He played every game in 2017 before a serious head injury in the 2018 JLT Community Series. GO
Matt Suckling
There is still value in Suckling's penetrating left foot. The defender celebrates his 31st birthday in two weeks and should sign another one-year contract. STAY
Easton Wood

The Bulldogs captain isn't going anywhere. He will be 30 in September, hasn't missed a game in 2019 and is contracted until the end of the 2020 season. STAY - Paul Bastin

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Baines on SEN, main point was we are in a position to be aggressive in trade period this year with Boyd salary cap gone and its time to trade in senior experienced players rather than go to draft
Interesting. Still some great talent at the top of the draft this year so I’d like to keep our first this year.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Interesting. Still some great talent at the top of the draft this year so I’d like to keep our first this year.
I'd guess we will keep our first and look to trade second, future first and players.

Unless a real high end talent wants in then we'd part ways with the first.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If we are starting our push for the 2020 flag (or earlier ;) ) we need mature players, not more raw draftees.
You’re probably right, I just think that traditional way of thinking is shifting. Each year draftees are better prepared and more ready to go straight away. It’s not quite as clear cut as trade in a premiership window and draft in a rebuild.

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Baines on SEN, main point was we are in a position to be aggressive in trade period this year with Boyd salary cap gone and its time to trade in senior experienced players rather than go to draft

Don't mind this line of thinking. We don't need to get younger and the talent is mostly already on the list. Only issue is who we could get. Not too many big names out of contract at the moment.

I'd guess we will keep our first and look to trade second, future first and players.

Unless a real high end talent wants in then we'd part ways with the first.
I'm a cautious type and would usually prefer to bank our first rounder. There's always a player like Kemp that is a mouth-watering prospect.

However if Bains is fair dunkum about this I reckon our first rounder might well come into play ... and what we get in return could be pretty exciting. (I have nobody in particular in mind at this stage - that's their job.)

Footyology is a sensational podcast. I've mentioned it here before a few times. Connolly posts here from time to time.
I don't mind it but they can be a bit too negative in general and find some of their views on the strategy and tactics side of the game a bit outdated.
If you're into the statistics side of things have a listen to the ESPN footytips podcast. They have a bloke on there from Champion Data so they do a kind of deep dive on a different topic each week. Good for general analysis too, not just statistical stuff. I think there's 3 or 4 of them too so it's good to hear different opinions and there's a bit more flow than just rohan and finey.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't mind it but they can be a bit too negative in general and find some of their views on the strategy and tactics side of the game a bit outdated.
If you're into the statistics side of things have a listen to the ESPN footytips podcast. They have a bloke on there from Champion Data so they do a kind of deep dive on a different topic each week. Good for general analysis too, not just statistical stuff. I think there's 3 or 4 of them too so it's good to hear different opinions and there's a bit more flow than just rohan and finey.
Will give it a go. I dont do footy tips so the title probably turned me off when looking for footy podcasts. Trends is a good one too.

I can see how the negativity can get you down, but I think most of the negativity is directed towards the footy media in general which is appallingly bad.

Gotta laugh at AFL 360 tonight. Talking about Collingwood’s chances of upsetting West Coast, Huddo goes through a substantial list of big wins against the odds by teams over in Perth. One obvious omission on that list? September 8 2016 wasn’t in the research criteria??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still the purest football we played during that fabled series in my view.

The Eagles coaching staff were completely bamboozled by the style of football we played that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back