What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of enjoyed Slobbo’s raving about the Dopers. It was hysterical and made no sense at all, but what’s new? I actually thought he was going to cry at one point. Either that or torch Windy Hill.

LOL. Wasn't it bizarre?!

Why are people "whiting their hair?"

Angry over a "professional footballer" getting leave for his brother's wedding...

I actually think he makes a bit of sense most times, but that was one crazy rant.

WITH a fresh contract for 2020 and a return to his natural habitat, it's no surprise Western Bulldogs veteran Matt Suckling is excited with what's ahead.

The 31-year-old defender has signed a one-year contract extension to keep him at the Bulldogs until at least the end of next season.

Suckling has played 66 matches across four seasons at Whitten Oval, but 2019 has been the first season his role has changed.

THE RUN HOME How high can these Dogs go?

Following the emergence of Caleb Daniel as a half-back flanker, Suckling has spent most of his time as a forward this season.

However, with Daniel out indefinitely with a hamstring injury, Suckling returned to defence against Essendon and arguably had his best match of the season.

The crafty left-footer had 22 disposals at 96 per cent efficiency against the Bombers, which included four rebound 50s and eight score involvements.

"I always had optimism that I would be able to play on," Suckling said.

"I'm still feeling fresh and if the body holds up hopefully I can keep playing for as long as possible.

"It was nice to go back down there (defence), I probably played there for 10 years so always nice to go back."

"I probably do prefer it down there, I've made a career out of it and it's nice to be back down there but I'm ready to go forward if I'm required."

Suckling said the club was buzzing after last week's mammoth 104-point win over Essendon and is loving being in the finals race.

"We're definitely playing some good footy since the bye," Suckling said.

"We're playing with freedom under Bevo (coach Luke Beveridge), that's something he instills in us and I think the boys are really relishing it at the moment."

Suckling paid tribute to former Hawthorn teammate Jarryd Roughead, who announced his retirement on Monday.

"I sent him a text last night, saying congratulations and looking forward to having a quiet ale or two when our seasons are both done," Suckling said.

"He's been a remarkable player and he's one of those players, like Dale (Morris), who you love having around the club and love spending time with."

Suckling and Roughead spent six seasons at the Hawks together and played in the 2014 and 2015 premierships.

Dogs scored an "albatross" according to Plough on his review of the game against the Bombers on SEN just now.

And rightfully so.
A stroke for the 10th place team betting the 7th team
A stroke for the Dogs increasing our % by 6% and dropping Essendon's by 7%.
And a stroke for embarrassing our neighbours.

Tom Boyd was at the Whitten Oval today according to a Ch7 story. That brought a smile to my face. I miss the big guy.

LOL. Wasn't it bizarre?!

Why are people "whiting their hair?"

Angry over a "professional footballer" getting leave for his brother's wedding...

I actually think he makes a bit of sense most times, but that was one crazy rant.

How dare players have lives outside football?

How dare a player choose to put family first and be there for his brother on a special day?

It was hilarious but also kinda sad and the sort of reaction I would've expected from the bloke hurling abuse at the race post match, not a supposedly professional broadcaster.

How dare players have lives outside football?

How dare a player choose to put family first and be there for his brother on a special day?

I gave up going to one of our games against Fitzroy at the Whitten Oval (their home game) back in 1996 to be Godfather for a friend's daughter. I brought my transistor radio to the baptismal ceremony and had my ear plug in. The priest saw it and gave me the evil eye. I know I'm going to hell now. Thank you, Bulldogs. :devil:

I gave up going to one of our games against Fitzroy at the Whitten Oval (their home game) back in 1996 to be Godfather for a friend's daughter. I brought my transistor radio to the baptismal ceremony and had my ear plug in. The priest saw it and gave me the evil eye. I know I'm going to hell now. ... :devil:

All you had to do was whisper "we're 3 goals up at half time, Father"

Tom Boyd was at the Whitten Oval today according to a Ch7 story. That brought a smile to my face. I miss the big guy.
Getting prepped for surprise September heroics is the word from my source.

Retirement was always a misdirection. Beveridge playing 5D chess.

I gave up going to one of our games against Fitzroy at the Whitten Oval (their home game) back in 1996 to be Godfather for a friend's daughter. I brought my transistor radio to the baptismal ceremony and had my ear plug in. The priest saw it and gave me the evil eye. I know I'm going to hell now. Thank you, Bulldogs. :devil:

My family missed one of the rare times we beat Collingwood in the 1970s in 1976 because of my sisters wedding. Dad walked my sister down the aisle with the radio in his suit pocket and ear plug in view. Wasn’t missing the winning experience completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All you had to do was whisper "we're 3 goals up at half time, Father"
But what if he was a Fitzroy supporter? He could have drown me in holy water.

My family missed one of the rare times we beat Collingwood in the 1970s in 1976 because of my sisters wedding. Dad walked my sister down the aisle with the radio in his suit pocket and ear plug in view. Wasn’t missing the winning experience completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We beat them twice in 1976. I went to the first game in May at Waverley. It was my first game there and I went with two Collingwood supporters, a fellow teacher and her husband. It seemed like we traveled to the other side of the continent driving from Maribyrnong. I kind of knew about Collingwood supporters at the time but since it was my first year of footy, I did not know about them fully. All I can really remember is that after we won, they barely talked on the long drive home. I probably opened by big mouth and said something I shouldn't have, not knowing how sensitive Collingwood darlings are after a loss. I soon learned. :)

But what if he was a Fitzroy supporter? He could have drown me in holy water.
I'm concerned about you, Chicago.

Last week you posted that you change your avatar more often than you change your underwear. I know for a fact that you've had your current avatar since at least Saturday.

It's times like this I'm grateful we're conversing over the ether ...

I'm concerned about you, Chicago.

Last week you posted that you change your avatar more often than you change your underwear. I know for a fact that you've had your current avatar since at least Saturday.

It's times like this I'm grateful we're conversing over the ether ...
I did have a shower and changed my underwear this morning, only because I had physiotherapy this afternoon and didn't want to offend all of the old people there. I'm concerned about the elderly in our society. :p

Happy now? Dave from Survivor.

I did have a shower and changed my underwear this morning, only because I had physiotherapy this afternoon and didn't want to offend all of the old people there. I'm concerned about the elderly in our society. :p

Nice avatar. :thumbsu:

Oh, "Hutchy," at the first part of the program, promised, "more on the Dogs, later." In the hope of hearing something Bulldog-related, I endured the rest of this program, as one would drinking a big glass of flat, warm beer. Ten seconds of Toby McLean and then ... bugger all. A more shallow, and double-dealing group of so-called "knowledgeable" football "experts" and over-paid w***ers, I can't think of.

Yes i thought he said that too, but then thought i was hearing things as there was nothing. baaaastards

I can only assume whenever your match meal arrives you pull it apart looking for an idol clue before eating it Chicago.

Ah, Fitzroy. You could have tried Ut ne tres proposita sumus, Pater (it's been a while)

It's been 50 years since i had Latin. All four years of high school. I would have been a great Pope.
I can only assume whenever your match meal arrives you pull it apart looking for an idol clue before eating it Chicago.
Actually, yes. It's much easier trying to find the idol or clue before I eat the meal rather than after i eat it. However, with the goat curry I ordered once, it was a toss up. :goat: :)

Gia is on this weeks Trends podcast. Decent listen, pretty ambitious in the coaching space. Not much on the technical side of coaching but plenty on the people side of it. No doubt influenced by them be importance Bevo puts on relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back