What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports that we have a few players living in hot spot areas, meaning if we are sent to Sydney for a hub, they need to move house before midnight. NSW have closed borders to all Vics in the hot spots.
A list of hot spot suburbs I saw included West Footscray. Does that mean we can't use WO for training etc?

WO is in West Footscray which in a hot spot.
Yep, the address of Whitten Oval is 417 Barkly St Footscray West 3012 which is a lockdown postcode.

I don't think it makes a difference though because the interstate travel restrictions (ie to NSW) apply only to place of residence, not place of work. Unless anyone is living at Whitten Oval we're all good.

Yep, the address of Whitten Oval is 417 Barkly St Footscray West 3012 which is a lockdown postcode.

I don't think it makes a difference though because the interstate travel restrictions (ie to NSW) apply only to place of residence, not place of work. Unless anyone is living at Whitten Oval we're all good.
Surely our entire squad is not only living but also breathing Whitten Oval

Didn't Lakey sleep there some nights ;)

A few live in areas like Ascot Vale, Maidstone and Brunswick though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL NEWS
Western Bulldogs star Lachie Hunter has been hit with four charges for drink-driving incident
Lachie Hunter hasn’t made too many good decisions in recent times, but he has taken a charitable pledge just one day after he was formally charged by police for his April drink-driving incident.
Scott Gullan, Lauren Wood, Herald Sun
Subscriber only
|
July 1, 2020 10:46pm

HERALDSUN.COM.AU0:40
Hunter could be $300,000 out of pocket
Western Bulldogs star Lachie Hunter is facing a dramatic financial fallout from his allegedly boozed-up car crash. Courtesy Seven News

Lachie Hunter hasn‘t made too many good decisions of recent times but his road to redemption is taking a charitable route.

The Western Bulldogs premiership midfielder is taking part in Dry July which means he‘s pledged to not touch alcohol for the next month and in the process raise money for the Alfred Hospital’s road accident trauma program.

A day after he was formally charged for his April drink-driving incident, Hunter posted a message on social media revealing he was being joined by a number of teammates, and his good friend Olympic middle-distance runner Luke Mathews, in abstaining from alcohol.

Hunter‘s post said: “Dry July is a great chance to raise some awareness and some money for a really good cause.

“Given recent circumstances me and a few mates have decided to put our spin on it through a go fund me. All funds donated will go towards the Alfred Hospital - road accident trauma program.”

Tom Liberatore, Billy Gowers, Caleb Daniel, Aaron Naughton and Callum Porter are the Bulldogs players supporting Hunter.

Lachie Hunter will take part in Dry July along with a number of his teammates. Picture: Getty Images
Lachie Hunter will take part in Dry July along with a number of his teammates. Picture: Getty Images

HUNTER HIT WITH FOUR POLICE CHARGES

Lachie Hunter has been formally charged by police for his April drink-driving incident.

The Western Bulldogs premiership midfielder has today been hit with four charges relating to the incident in which he crashed into four parked cars in a Middle Park street.

Victoria Police on Tuesday issued charges of drink driving, careless driving, failing to give his name after a collision and failing to render assistance after a collision.

Hunter, 25, gave up the Dogs’ vice-captaincy in the wake of the incident, was hit with a four-game sanction by the club at the time.

He will be available to play in Round 6, and Western Bulldogs captain Marcus Bontempelli said he had made “a really good, concerted effort” to make up for the incident since returning to training.

“You can tell how hard he’s working to try and earn the trust that he’s lost back,” he told RSN on Tuesday.

Lachie Hunter will return in Round 6.. Picture: Michael Klein
Lachie Hunter will return in Round 6.. Picture: Michael Klein

“That’s obviously a really encouraging sign for Lachie, us as leaders and the football club, to see that he wants to repay the faith.

“He’s continuing to work, not just from a football perspective, but with his off-field leadership as well, to try and help and support every player on the list and especially the leadership group.

“There are some really encouraging signs for Lachie and he needs to continue to do that and let his actions do the talking.”

Hunter’s case will appear before the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on November 4.

Lachie Hunter’s car after the crash.
Lachie Hunter’s car after the crash.
Lachie Hunter’s car after crashing into parked cars in Middle Park.
Lachie Hunter’s car after crashing into parked cars in Middle Park.
c267ecf50324458a65135e275d44267f

Discover our Daily Sports Newsletter

Looks like we're heading to Perth. Fingers crossed live audiences are allowed for every game because I'll be watching plenty of footy this year in that case :)

Looks like we're heading to Perth. Fingers crossed live audiences are allowed for every game because I'll be watching plenty of footy this year in that case :)

We've already played Collingwood, so who else is heading over?

We've already played Collingwood, so who else is heading over?
Apparently should be revealed tomorrow.

We will play Fremantle, West Coast, Geelong, plus 2 more teams (since it's a total of 5 games). Must be at least 3 more teams to be announced in that case, in order to prevent a team having a bye. So there will likely be another team joining the hub that we won't be playing. Possibly Saints or North?

Apparently should be revealed tomorrow.

We will play Fremantle, West Coast, Geelong, plus 2 more teams (since it's a total of 5 games). Must be at least 3 more teams to be announced in that case, in order to prevent a team having a bye. So there will likely be another team joining the hub that we won't be playing. Possibly Saints or North?
Might have to prepare to play without Wallis for a while. Big ask with a baby only few weeks old.

Might have to prepare to play without Wallis for a while. Big ask with a baby only few weeks old.
Yeah I can imagine there will be players who sit out. They may end up allowing partners/kids to travel over with them, but then you're basically setting different rules than what the general population has to follow, which isn't exactly fair

Very ordinary result for us.
Freo and West Coast both in poor form. Every other side will be in the same boat as us.

Our only other options were either play in Queensland against GC and Bris who are both in red hot form, or down in SA where Adelaide is even with Freo, but Port are top of the ladder.

We were going into a hub at some point no matter what, and WA was the best possible result for it.

Freo and West Coast both in poor form. Every other side will be in the same boat as us.

Our only other options were either play in Queensland against GC and Bris who are both in red hot form, or down in SA where Adelaide is even with Freo, but Port are top of the ladder.

We were going into a hub at some point no matter what, and WA was the best possible result for it.

I agree with most of this, but the Eagles playing in front of a crowd.. different team. I think their form will change overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back