What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket Terrace

Team Captain
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I find myself agreeing with what Derm is saying from a broader sense. But picking out one player is pretty poor. North players (including Ziebell) have been doing this faux-tough nonsense for years. Has he watched Sicily play?

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
It's not really about his partying or his form or anything like that. Giving a multi-year contract to the player who Bev goes to great lengths to describe as a "time bomb" that "we don't know how long he'll play" for just seems a little odd to me. But yes, with triggers involved, he deserves it.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.27.02 am.png

typical from the media to refuse to acknowledge we are top of the ladder

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's not really about his partying or his form or anything like that. Giving a multi-year contract to the player who Bev goes to great lengths to describe as a "time bomb" that "we don't know how long he'll play" for just seems a little odd to me. But yes, with triggers involved, he deserves it.
Doubt it's on much money. From a performance perspective, he's been one of our best players the last couple of years, so no concerns there. If he injures himself, you're no longer stuck with one less list spot thanks to the mid-season draft. I'd imagine he's got triggers for the second year, but I'm not worried either way. He's earned the multi-year contract

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
View attachment 1096867

typical from the media to refuse to acknowledge we are top of the ladder
It's like when the BBC put an asterisk at #1 because acknowledging The Sex Pistols God Save The Queen during the Silver Jubilee was just too much for them.

I do like the idea of us as the unpalatable upstart punks crashing the AFL party...

The Carlton round 8 game is Sunday arvo not Friday night? Unless you're referring to the GWS round 6 game that was already locked in.
You're probably right - head is fuzzy as I'm fighting off horrid head cold. Trying to recover for sat.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wonder if the club could convince Caleb to throw away his old treasured helmet and get a new one in club colours. Brayshaw of Melbourne wears a nice little number in team colours. A change would make Caleb stand out more too. ;)
Maybe we can work an iron man or Thor helmet into a sponsorship pitch for Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back