What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview with treloar on triple M well worth listening to.
Key things: praised both libba and Dunkley
Talked about preseason and how we trained on linking up with the big 3 up forward
Buckley and Collingwood were brought up and he said he’s just worrying about how we are going and wondering when people will stop bringing it up and asking about it
Treloar coaches an under 17 team
He also discussed mental health and anxiety.
On their website?

He has been far better than I expected so well down to him so far, but like you I’d like to see a longer stint of good games before I start saying he has proved people wrong.

Funny how MANY posters didn’t like the Dale to HB move but only one seems to be the target of ridiculing posts.
Stop playing the victim for Christ sake. You get singled out because you have ridiculed Dale for over 10 pages. Calling him a potato. Calling him soft. And he’s proving you wrong. Own it like everyone else does.

Stop talking about the goose - I ignored him years ago and Bigfooty became enjoyable again
I put that Bucket guy on ignore. MD is a blessing and a curse and has been hilarious at times but that other guy just goes out of his way to troll and annoy people.

Last edited:
Lol another page of posts about me, not a bit about thread in anyway

I will do this publicly so everyone sees it

Afternoon Mutt

You thread banned me from the oppo thread for talking off topic ONE POST and one of your mates made a complaint.

The same people talk about me and blatantly lie while doing it and you do nothing? This is the media thread as far as I can see

Why ? Why can they talk about anything they want in any thread but others can’t?
You are the most abusive poster and also the biggest sook and victim on the Bulldogs board Matt. I let you off for so much it's ridiculous because you'd be perma banned if you got an infraction for every offensive thing you do.

If you want me to play hardball with everyone, then you won't last a week before you score a permanent ban.

I'd suggest you just shut up and think yourself lucky.

You are the most abusive poster and also the biggest sook and victim on the Bulldogs board Matt. I let you off for so much it's ridiculous because you'd be perma banned if you got an infraction for every offensive thing you do.

If you want me to play hardball with everyone, then you won't last a week before you score a permanent ban.

I'd suggest you just shut up and think yourself lucky.

And this is why they continue day after day because they know you will do nothing.

Cheers 👍🏼

So how good has Bailey Dale been boys!

Lefto lezzo here. Bailey Dale has been great and I'm pretty impressed that our trio of Baileys is performing all around. Also being an edgelord is boring.

The 3 headed monster article

Normally the AFL is a copycat league which means almost anything Richmond has done in recent times has been attempted by rival clubs.

The Tigers gained a break of the competition when they went with the small quick pressure-based forward structure based initially around one key tall (Jack Riewoldt) and then two for the past couple of flags (Tom Lynch).

Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge knows a bit about coming up with a premiership winning formula which catches people on the hop.

In 2016 the Dogs perfected the quick handball game which took them all the way to a surprise flag.

This year Beveridge isn’t re-inventing the wheel, more like making something old new again with his three-headed monster forward line.

Aaron Naughton, Tim English and Josh Bruce are a major factor why the Bulldogs are undefeated after the opening month of the 2021 season.

The trio have all kicked goals in every game with a handy 32 majors in four games although that total is certainly inflated by Bruce’s 10 against North Melbourne in Round 3.

While Naughton continues to confirm his standing as one of the most exciting players in the competition and one who the great Wayne Carey sees some of himself in, it was English who demanded the spotlight in Ballarat.

On a day where the conditions were expected to favour those small in stature - it was typically cold and windy - the work of English, mainly as a leading forward, was the story.

The recruitment of ex-Lion Stefan Martin has allowed Beveridge to activate his plan for the land of the giants forward line.

Martin does the bullocking work which allows 205cm English to gallop around like an excitable colt, jumping at everything and enjoying life away from the rigours of being the No.1 ruckman.

But what sets him apart is his leading patterns and kicking for goal which are exceptional for a player in just his 51st game.

Against the Lions English finished with 3.3 goals, Naughton 2.5 goals while Bruce came back to earth with just one major.

The trio combined for 20 marks, 11 of those contested pitted against a Brisbane defence led by All-Australian full-back Harris Andrews, ex-Bulldog Marcus Adams and Darcy Gardiner who was playing his first game of the season.

Beveridge is happy with what he sees and points out the injection of the likes of Adam Treloar has enabled him to pull the trigger on the big three.

“We’re a pretty well balanced side and are probably a bit quicker and more nimble than we ever have been so that helps you play the three talls,” the Dogs coach explained.

“It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that a player that tall is going to absorb some of the attention for others as well so he’ll (English) get the spoils at times and he got some today.

“And then at other times, other people will get the reward. I think they’re complimenting each other pretty well even though Brucey, comparatively when you think about last week didn’t get the spoils, he still brought some ball to ground when he was out of position.

“Naughts didn’t finish off as well as he can but another thing is that in their own right, I mean Naughts is a fanatic at ground level, and the other two boys are pretty good at ground level which makes a difference.”

TRELOAR A TREAT

THE theory that the Bulldogs would struggle to fit Adam Treloar into its midfield mix can now be officially put to bed.

There was plenty of noise about what a detrimental impact the former Magpie could have in the Dogs set-up which was already packed with elite talent.

But as Beveridge told Treloar when he sat at his kitchen table back in November pondering whether to make the move, there was always room for a “marquee player”.

He has found his niche mainly on a wing with young gun Bailey Smith on the opposite one and Lachie Hunter floating through that area as well as half-forward.

No-one is missing out on their slice of the pie with Jack Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli and Tom Liberatore starting in the centre square for the opening bounce while Josh Dunkley, who was expected to be the most impacted in the new set-up, enjoyed his best game for the season with 27 disposals.

Once again Macrae led all-comers with 32 touches against the Lions, Treloar was next on 29 from Dunkley, Bontempelli (21), Liberatore (17) with Smith and Hunter both collecting 15 possessions.

WOOD YOU BELIEVE IT

EASTON Wood’s importance to the team he captained to a premiership should never be underestimated.

While his body has let him down in recent times, Wood looks back in control and the timing couldn’t be better.

With regular full-back Ryan Gardner going down with a long-term injury, the defensive stocks are the areas where the Dogs appear most vulnerable.

Ex-Crow Alex Keath is the main man and on Saturday he stood Brisbane’s Joe Daniher while Beveridge brought in youngster Lewis Young for just his second game in two years to man dangerous Lion Eric Hipwood.

That allowed Wood to take care of the dangerous Charlie Cameron who it must be said is struggling to adapt to the new Daniher-focussed forward line set-up.

The former skipper’s ability to play big and small, combined with legitimate leg speed is a key piece of the puzzle.

Another slice of Beveridge genius which has slipped under the radar this season is the deployment of Bailey Dale to defence.

Renowned as an opportunist half-forward, Dale only played three games last year but has rejuvenated his career as a dashing half-back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lefto lezzo here. Bailey Dale has been great and I'm pretty impressed that our trio of Baileys is performing all around. Also being an edgelord is boring.
Until you can add Pinko and ABC, leave it at World Weary and boredom. 2 of 3 of your Baileys will play in the Grand Final Team.

Last edited:
Congratulations on finding an amenable boss, mine is more lacerating. You Lazy b.....d, get up at 5.00 a m like the rest of us, tune into Radio National, listen to the most intelligent pinko, lefto, lezzo, ABC presenter, may her sainted parents rest in peace.

Having a real normal one I see.

The Tackle: Mark Robinson reveals his likes and dislikes from Round 4 of the 2021 AFL season

6. Taylor Duryea
Yep, English, Macrae, Treloar, Dunkley, Bontempelli and Naughton will figure prominently in the highlights reel from Ballarat on Saturday, but quietly, coach Luke Beveridge would be thrilled with Duryea, the forgotten Bulldogs defender. He played only three games in 2020 because of injury – including the elimination final – but has reclaimed his spot on a back flank. He took Charlie Cameron on Saturday and kept him to zero goals. In Round 2 against the Eagles, he did the same to Liam Ryan. He’s an all-types player, Duryea. He can stand an opponent, he can run and rebound and his kicking efficiency this year is at a career-high 85 per cent. His disposals are at a career-high 20 as well.

Loving the 3 headed monster. Footy is much more fun when your team has big targets rather than eking out goals the hard way.

The 3HM was a bit clunky R1 with 4 goals, but 7, then a day out with 15 and 6 in tricky conditions is an impressive level of consistent output over 3 weeks.

Every head of the monster has got on the scoreboard every round and all are working hard to create space and provide options even when they are having a relatively quiet game scoring wise.

So good to watch.

Finally some decent journalism about our team:

Non-google link:

Western Bulldogs showing signs of premiership potential as Collingwood reaches tipping point

Finally some decent journalism about our team:

Love the placement of headline and photo

Western Bulldogs firm as AFL premiership contenders, Collingwood's prospects plummet
By senior ABC Sport AFL commentator Alister Nicholson
Posted 4hhours ago, updated 1hhour ago
A Western Bulldogs AFL player smiles as he runs towards a teammate to congratulate him on kicking a goal.

The Bulldogs have already shown this season they have the potential to win the flag.(
AAP: James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back