What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selection dilemmas: All the latest AFL team news ahead of Round 7
Flying high at the top of the AFL ladder, Western Bulldogs will continue to make Jamarra Ugle-Hagan wait for an AFL debut.

Chris Cavanagh, Marc McGowan and Jay Clark

6 min read
April 29, 2021 - 6:55PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/.../9392eedf6fc985bf2f5a6f66daaa0206#share-tools
Not even five goals on the VFL’s new Thursday night stage could propel No. 1 draft pick Jamarra Ugle-Hagan into the unbeaten Western Bulldogs’ line-up to face Richmond.

A former prized draftee, Josh Schache, was preferred in attack, joining Rhylee West, ex-Demon Mitch Hannan – in for his first game for his new club – and Patrick Lipinski in being called up.

Josh Dunkley (shoulder), Tim English (concussion), Lin Jong (hamstring), Laitham Vandermeer (back) and Lachie McNeil (managed) go out of the side that outlasted the Giants.

Lipinski played a starring role with 35 disposals and one goal in the VFL last week, while West (25 disposals, three goals), Schache (13 disposals, one goal) and Hannan (13 disposals, three goals) also shone brightly.

Tall midfielder Riley Collier-Dawkins will make his senior debut for the Tigers, in place of injured pair Dustin Martin (concussion) and Kane Lambert (calf).

“The game is played in more than one phase and he’s acclimatising to senior footy and we’re setting him up to succeed,” Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge said.
“We don’t want to hold him back. We can’t wait to play Jamarra and he’s making really good progress. He’s being considered but we’ve got to work out if we play him and he’s not quite ready for four quarters of AFL footy, whether that’s a good thing and we really nurture him through that, whether that’s good for the team or whether we wait until he’s really ready to play and play four strong quarters.”

1619747359642.png

For those complaining about lack of WB content, there are nuggets out there. You just need to stay away from On The Couch, Footy Classified and anything to do with Garry Lyon/Tim Watson

RSN Breakfast Club:
Monday Footy Review with Jimmy Bartel
Coaches Corner with Rodney Eade (Tuesday)
Marcus Bontempelli Inner Sanctum (every couple of weeks)

Footyology
Every Sunday and Wednesday

The ESPN Footy Podcast
Every Tuesday

Lystics AFL Podcast
Every few weeks – good around trade and draft periods

SEN Crunch Time
Every Saturday – good when your team wins on the Friday

AFL Exchange
Every Monday

SEN Time On
The Picks – every Thursday

Whateley
Strategy with Craig Jennings (every Thursday)
Justin Leppitsch (every Tuesday)

Last edited:

For those complaining about lack of WB content, there are nuggets out there. You just need to stay away from On The Couch, Footy Classified and anything to do with Garry Lyon/Tim Watson

RSN Breakfast Club:

Footyology

The ESPN Footy Podcast
Every Tuesday

Lystics AFL Podcast

SEN Crunch Time

AFL Exchange
Every Monday

SEN Time On

Whateley

Whateley's Strategy show is great. I absolutely love listening to Craig Jennings talk about footy. Has a lot to say about how Bevo operates behind the scenes too.

1. There are known knows Tigers were 2020 premiers
2. There are unknown knows How good are the dogs in 2021
3. There are unkown unknows These are ones that could trip us up.

Donald Rumsfeld fan?

Rumsfeld stated:

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tends to be the difficult ones.

1. There are known knows Tigers were 2020 premiers
2. There are unknown knows How good are the dogs in 2021
3. There are unkown unknows These are ones that could trip us up.

I like to think that answer to point 2 is bloody good and point 2 becomes point 1 a known know that the dogs are a proven very good side after we destroy the tigers tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whateley's Strategy show is great. I absolutely love listening to Craig Jennings talk about footy. Has a lot to say about how Bevo operates behind the scenes too.
I caught it for the first time last week. It's outstanding.

RSN Breakfast Club:

Footyology

The ESPN Footy Podcast
Every Tuesday

Lystics AFL Podcast

SEN Crunch Time

AFL Exchange
Every Monday

SEN Time On

Whateley

This is an excellent list thanks, worthy of being pinned/saved to the top.

I also listen to The Salty Bulldog which I quite like and Rohan Connolly and Finey's Final Siren show on Twitter.

As a parent of a toddler, I enjoy squeezing these podcast episodes through my day eg when taking said child on a long walk, in the car, etc

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Piss off Tom Browne you can watch the video on 7AFL site on Facebook

It was pretty funny watching Hodge school Browne on how stupidly clueless he is numerous times during yesterdays pre-game.

Its not going to be so amusing watching the imbeciles in the medias narrative about why JUH wasn't playing last night and whether he would've been the difference.

Beveridge got a little taste of the idiotic s**t they are going to make him much on in during last nights presser.

It was pretty funny watching Hodge school Browne on how stupidly clueless he is numerous times during yesterdays pre-game.

Its not going to be so amusing watching the imbeciles in the medias narrative about why JUH wasn't playing last night and whether he would've been the difference.

Beveridge got a little taste of the idiotic sh*t they are going to make him much on in during last nights presser.
It's amazing how someone who knows absolutely nothing about football can get a job as a football journalist.

Stevo deserves a mention in our Bulldogs Media Thread. Just on 7 News. He's been crook with a bowel cancer scare. Results after surgery all good - thankfully.

Get well soon Stevo! We need you to keep reporting on those Doggies for us.

And as if he couldn't get any better as a bloke, he's a vego too! :thumbsu:

Stevo deserves a mention in our Bulldogs Media Thread. Just on 7 News. He's been crook with a bowel cancer scare. Results after surgery all good - thankfully.

Get well soon Stevo! We need you to keep reporting on those Doggies for us.

And as if he couldn't get any better as a bloke, he's a vego too! :thumbsu:

And stay off social media, the keyboard flogs will be giving him an even harder time than they usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back