What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is and great for standards and culture of the club. Has been since the first time I saw him at training back in 2011.

Would have preferred the reporter had used a part rather than "apart" ;)
Did it twice, too, showing it was no typo. Pretty basic error from someone who writes for a living.

He is and great for standards and culture of the club. Has been since the first time I saw him at training back in 2011.

Would have preferred the reporter had used a part rather than "apart" ;)
Some genuinely think that's the right word. Like "alot" and "ahold" and "awhile". Also, autocorrect can't be trusted ;)

Very thoughtful question from the AFL app: ‘Is pick 19 one of the most valuable selections going around?’
I reckon it's certainly in the top 20 most valued picks.

Very thoughtful question from the AFL app: ‘Is pick 19 one of the most valuable selections going around?’

It's a fair question, because it's the first pick on day 2 of the draft (if it's done over two days again). In 2019, Dev Robertson slid and a few clubs really wanted him, so the club with that pick could shop it around to the highest bidder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a fair question, because it's the first pick on day 2 of the draft (if it's done over two days again). In 2019, Dev Robertson slid and a few clubs really wanted him, so the club with that pick could shop it around to the highest bidder.
Does that make it more valuable than any of the previous 18 picks?

It’s the 19th most valuable pick, mate, whatever way you look at it.
In terms of bargaining power, it's more valuable than Pick 18 due to context of where it sits. If you're purely looking at raw draft value, then yes of course Pick 18 is better than Pick 19. But in a world where clubs can live trade, I'd literally prefer to enter the draft with the first pick of day 2 over the last pick of day 1 purely because of the options it opens up

LOL. When he said we might call it Bailey Smith I assumed it was because of the extra appendage. The likeness to the mullet hadn't crossed my mind. 🤦‍♂️

Hyperbolic. Melbourne and Port Adelaide have as much or more young talent than we do. Melbourne should be looking to fourpeat with the list they have. Petracca, Oliver, Jackson, Pickett etc. all still very young. Not sure how any side is going to be able to compete with them unless they have a premiership hangover like we did after '16.

Hyperbolic. Melbourne and Port Adelaide have as much or more young talent than we do. Melbourne should be looking to fourpeat with the list they have. Petracca, Oliver, Jackson, Pickett etc. all still very young. Not sure how any side is going to be able to compete with them unless they have a premiership hangover like we did after '16.
My Carlton friend just said to me "how are you going to win one while Melbourne are around".

That's like telling West Coast how are they gonna win in 2018 cause Richmond are around. Or telling Sydney that they can't win one cause the Hawks are around.

No wonder Carlton is in such a hole of that's how their own supporters think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back