What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
To be honest I don't think I will start following footy again until after round one. The way I dealt with the GF loss was just by avoiding AFL news as much as possible. I didn't even turn the radio on when I was in the car so I didn't have to hear about it. I don't want to see any replays or hear any mention of what happened. My dad and I always talk about footy but neither of us have mentioned anything footy related since before the game. I don't want to see clips of Melbourne kicking twenty goals in 2 minutes or their post game celebrations. I just want to put it behind me. Its actually probably good to get this game out of the way early on, regardless of the result.

Good call. I haven't seen the final minutes of the grand final or the aftermath, and undoubtedly I never will. No point being a masochist.

Just avoid AFL media for the lead up to next season and maybe for the next season too. Don't watch any Demons games. By 2023 it'll be ancient history and we will have had time to heal.
In the words of Terry Wallace, there's nowhere to hide. We have to live with it. The best way possible to stop the recurring nightmare on-screen is to come out and make a statement by flogging them in Rd 1.

I rate us a pretty good chance of doing exactly that.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
In the words of Terry Wallace, there's nowhere to hide. We have to live with it. The best way possible to stop the recurring nightmare on-screen is to come out and make a statement by flogging them in Rd 1.

I agree that's the case for the players. They'll need to front up and try to win back their dignity. And I agree that they're a good chance of doing that too. But as a fan I'm just not ready to relive the GF and fortunately I have the option of just opting out. I don't mind if people think that's soft. The staff and players will have to face their demons but they'll be paid handsomely for it, win or lose.

I’d love Jamarra to play in that game. Let the Dees see how well bullying him goes down.

Doggy Dan

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’ve got legit anxiety whenever I see a news feed or article on the AFL app about the Melbourne hot streak.

They literally come up with a new way to bring it up every week. This week it’s let’s look at them kicking 100 points to 7 from 15 different camera angles……..f*ck me!

To be fair that last 10 minutes of the third quarter was one of the most amazing sequences ever in GF football. I can understand why it will be replayed for years to come.

Just a shame we were on the wrong end of it. We have to live with it and get over it.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
We have to live with it and get over it.

No thanks.

images (11).jpeg

Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
The alleged Big Clubs get such a leg up via the draw, that it almost ensures that they remain big clubs. How often have you heard the line, I want to go to Pies, Bombers, Tigers & Hawks because the player in question wants to play in the BIG H&A games Anzac Day Dreamtime etc etc
Rights to those games shouldn't be tied to individual clubs. They should be allocated on merit but we all know that won't happen as the AFL won't risk breaking their cash cow cycle.
There is no doubt the AFL want the status quo to remain, so that they retain the whip hand to have clubs that can be used and discarded at will. All in ensuring maximum revenue, they don't really want a level playing field in all aspects makes it too difficult to manage. Especially if we become big enough to have a voice that they are forced to listen too!!

The bias is deliberate and real and recognised by the AFL via "compensation" through higher AFL dividends.

The problem is these additional AFL $ are perceived in the football world and by supporters of the "big" clubs as "handouts propping up uncompetitive clubs" who are a burden on the AFL. As we know on BF, facts don't win arguments. The argument will never be won by us.

The only way to change it is by having success, winning flags, playing in finals and GFs and threaten the status quo. Despite the bias, I think we are making headway.

The bias is deliberate and real and recognised by the AFL via "compensation" through higher AFL dividends.

The problem is these additional AFL $ are perceived in the football world and by supporters of the "big" clubs as "handouts propping up uncompetitive clubs" who are a burden on the AFL.
As we know on BF, facts don't win arguments. The argument will never be won by us.

The only way to change it is by having success, winning flags, playing in finals and GFs and threaten the status quo. Despite the bias, I think we are making headway.
Totally agree.

Perhaps the next time you find yourself in such an argument with a bunch of Essendon fans (could be fans from any of the big clubs but let's use them as an example) you could say "yeah OK we do get AFL handouts, but I tell you what, let's swap! Essendon gets our million dollar handout each year and we get the ANZAC Day fixture and any other blockbusters you currently get, plus we never have to play at Kardinia Park, plus we swap shares of Friday night fixtures, etc etc etc."

How many of them will agree to the swap?

My guess is zero. That should shut them up for a bit.

glenashley

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Article in the hun about how we nearly went Knuckles with the demons at a Perth nightclub Monday after gf.

They turned up after us, paid cash to open the 3rd floor (we already had the 2nd), then started playing that 'freed from desire' song up loud and taunting our players from the balcony.

Was calmed down by a player from each team who still live together (not sure who they were but prob easy to find out with that description).

Gonna be a few spicy years ahead between our 2 teams I think, and that's before this incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Article in the hun about how we nearly went Knuckles with the demons at a Perth nightclub Monday after gf.

They turned up after us, paid cash to open the 3rd floor (we already had the 2nd), then started playing that 'freed from desire' song up loud and taunting our players from the balcony.

Was calmed down by a player from each team who still live together (not sure who they were but prob easy to find out with that description).

Gonna be a few spicy years ahead between our 2 teams I think, and that's before this incident.
I reckon Campbell Brown is making up a bunch of s**t and trying to get some attention. It may have happened but I imagine he’s exaggerating to try and get some clicks otherwise we would’ve heard about this by now.

I’d assume Hannan might still live with a Demons player.

Apr 22, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Reading that, my mindset has gone from "I want the Bulldogs to smash them next year" to "I also wan't every other team to smash them next year."

Hannan?
I think we have to get used to the idea that the Demons are going to be dicks until we beat them a few times. The concept of the gracious winner is beyond them. Eventually they’ll slump again and will have to cop what comes their way.

Apr 22, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hannan?
I think we have to get used to the idea that the Demons are going to be dicks until we beat them a few times. The concept of the gracious winner is beyond them. Eventually they’ll slump again and will have to cop what comes their way.

Can anyone remember a more classless premiership team? I can’t, and I’ve been around a while. I’m with Tom Boyd on this one. Can’t stand Melbourne, and I’d have been barracking against them regardless of whether the Dogs made the GF or not. There are individuals that I like, such as Petracca, but collectively…nah.

I’d be inclined to err on the side of Campbell Brown is talking s**t for attention on this one.

Pep_x

Team Captain
Nov 15, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Absolutely disgusted that our boys never went ahead and chucked them about the club like empty tracksuits.
But then again the story is almost certainly total BS.

No doubt they’re covering the jab fiasco in detail?

Surely it will be turned into a positive (pardon the pun)? "Bombers fully jabbed early this century", "Essendon forward thinkers for jabbing in 2012", "Hird's boys lead the way in showing AFL players a jab doesn't hurt".....

I think the Feds missed a golden opportunity to put out a Covid commercial encouraging vaccines using Watson & Co as the influencers.

Might be worth cooling our respective jets on this Campbell Brown podcast special a month after the supposed event. If it had actually happened, a real media personality would have run with it.

Might be worth cooling our respective jets on this Campbell Brown podcast special a month after the supposed event. If it had actually happened, a real media personality would have run with it.
540A2625-B3F3-4CEA-9DD8-2D2C9B78E0A7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back