footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

The booing after the siren at the Gabba was music to my years after the 1999 semi and the 2000 elim. Not to mention that plonker Zorko's kick OOF to snuff out any chance they had.
Brisbane are almost as much a confected AFL subsidiary as the Giants and Suns, with the manufactured merger with Fitzroy engineered by H.O. even after the agreement to merge with North.
It was a great game, a great win, and the circumstances and opponent made it even sweeter.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

St 07

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jan 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wonder how many people from Vic have done the same thing in the last year.
I know many people who have or are in the process of moving there now. It was mentioned as advice from a recent self-help/therapeutic book... don't know the name of it. Is it for getting away from Melbourne weather and house prices?

And yet Melbourne and Sydney are expected to rebound in population growth with Melbourne overtaking Sydney some time in the next decade. (They've been saying that for a while though).

That's a shame. I think one of the beneficial side effects of the pandemic has been an increased level of decentralisation as people in many occupations realise they can work from anywhere and don't have to pay to live in congested and intimidating cities where affordable home ownership is unavailable to much of the younger population. Melbourne and Sydney are already big enough.

Gotta lol at opting brisbane for melbourne over property prices. Brisbane like any other city in australia has opted for the american surbabia model of development with generous private open space and large block sizes. Throw in a regulatory environment that treats property as a financial instrument for storing value and it will have melbournes problems sooner or later (if it doesnt already).

Their kids are likely to remain homeless stuck in a rentier society on the very continent their forefathers founded.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gotta lol at opting brisbane for melbourne over property prices. Brisbane like any other city in australia has opted for the american surbabia model of development with generous private open space and large block sizes. Throw in a regulatory environment that treats property as a financial instrument for storing value and it will have melbournes problems sooner or later (if it doesnt already).

Their kids are likely to remain homeless stuck in a rentier society on the very continent their forefathers founded.
It has gone up here madly in the last 10 months. However if you already own something in Melbourne or Sydney you could buy a mansion in comparison in Brisbane still. If you don’t already own, we’ll your f**ked, same as down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HK_Bulldog

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2001
NSW
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Brisbane tenancy laws are quite different to Sydney and Melbourne. Laws are skewed more to the renter than the landlord.

Happy New Bulldog Premiership Year to everyone!

Aplogies to anyone I offended during the year and to anyone i didn’t offend I am sure I will get around to you in 2022!
Happy New Year, Legend!

Don't lose sleep over it. I think you covered the field pretty well in 2021. :thumbsu:

New Years Eve.png

newyear.gif

:'( A true Bullpup Chace - you've got the best seat in the house now......

Chace remembered as an ‘authentic, hope-filled champion’
PROMISING young basketballer Chace Harrison has been remembered as a big, bright personality with a great sense of humour.

Chace, the oldest of Theresa and Craig Harrison’s three children, is the fifth victim of the Hillcrest Primary School jumping castle tragedy to be formally farewelled.

Six children were killed on December 16 when a freak gust of wind lifted a jumping castle and zorb balls into the air.

418424911d3415698b4907fd734ea886

Another three children were injured. Beau Medcraft attended Chace’s funeral with a cast on his arm.

It is understood one of two children who remained in hospital is now home.

Chace’s little sister Amelia told mourners she got to see Chace at the hospital before he died.

“I hugged you and sang to you,” she said.

11c253222b01db544b8f55f292af28fd

Chace had a special bond with his uncle Jeremy.

“You were more than a nephew you wee my best little mate,” he said.

The 11-year-old was looking forward to starting Grade 6 at Devonport Christian School next year where he already had many friends due to his participation in many sports.

Principal Chad Smit called Chace a “authentic, hope-filled champion.”

“This is your village,’ he told the boy’s family. “You are not alone.”

Chace Harrison.

Chace Harrison.
Chace’s coffin was painted in the colours of his beloved NBA team – the Golden State Warriors.

Devonport Warriors Basketball Coach Matt Sturzaker said Chace was a “warrior for life.”

“Shoot for the stars and keep hooping,” Mr Sturzaker said.

Many of the mourners were wearing Western Bulldog scarfs and jumpers out of respect for Chace’s beloved “doggies” and the club’s theme song blasted loud and proud at the end of the service.

e89139bf15f4ca7a63c7d6541ba08730

Hillcrest primary teacher Jan-Maree Pearce said Chace was full of beans and loved reading.

“You were a real ideas guy and wore your heart on your sleeve,” she said.

Chace was once asked what family meant to him.

“A party,” he replied. Family and friends gathered after the service at the Spreyton Football Club to do just that in his honour.

Mum Theresa spoke of Chace’s huge appetite for not just food but life.

“You were loud and boisterous and needed to be reminded about using you “inside voice,” she said.

“You still held my hand. How I wish I could hold it again. I was so incredibly proud of you.”

Robbo’s Top 50 2021

2. Bont
11. Macrae

36. Libba
38. Bailey Dale
50. Smith

Reader’s Top 50 2021

1. Bont
8. Macrae
10. Smith
20. Libba
27. Bailey Dale

Robbo’s Top 50 2021

2. Bont
11. Macrae

36. Libba
38. Bailey Dale
50. Smith

Reader’s Top 50 2021

1. Bont
8. Macrae
10. Smith
20. Libba
27. Bailey Dale

I suppose Petracca was no 1, due to Melbourne winning the premiership.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
:'( A true Bullpup Chace - you've got the best seat in the house now......

Chace remembered as an ‘authentic, hope-filled champion’
PROMISING young basketballer Chace Harrison has been remembered as a big, bright personality with a great sense of humour.

Chace, the oldest of Theresa and Craig Harrison’s three children, is the fifth victim of the Hillcrest Primary School jumping castle tragedy to be formally farewelled.

Six children were killed on December 16 when a freak gust of wind lifted a jumping castle and zorb balls into the air.

418424911d3415698b4907fd734ea886

Another three children were injured. Beau Medcraft attended Chace’s funeral with a cast on his arm.

It is understood one of two children who remained in hospital is now home.

Chace’s little sister Amelia told mourners she got to see Chace at the hospital before he died.

“I hugged you and sang to you,” she said.

11c253222b01db544b8f55f292af28fd

Chace had a special bond with his uncle Jeremy.

“You were more than a nephew you wee my best little mate,” he said.

The 11-year-old was looking forward to starting Grade 6 at Devonport Christian School next year where he already had many friends due to his participation in many sports.

Principal Chad Smit called Chace a “authentic, hope-filled champion.”

“This is your village,’ he told the boy’s family. “You are not alone.”

Chace Harrison.

Chace Harrison.
Chace’s coffin was painted in the colours of his beloved NBA team – the Golden State Warriors.

Devonport Warriors Basketball Coach Matt Sturzaker said Chace was a “warrior for life.”

“Shoot for the stars and keep hooping,” Mr Sturzaker said.

Many of the mourners were wearing Western Bulldog scarfs and jumpers out of respect for Chace’s beloved “doggies” and the club’s theme song blasted loud and proud at the end of the service.

e89139bf15f4ca7a63c7d6541ba08730

Hillcrest primary teacher Jan-Maree Pearce said Chace was full of beans and loved reading.

“You were a real ideas guy and wore your heart on your sleeve,” she said.

Chace was once asked what family meant to him.

“A party,” he replied. Family and friends gathered after the service at the Spreyton Football Club to do just that in his honour.

Mum Theresa spoke of Chace’s huge appetite for not just food but life.

“You were loud and boisterous and needed to be reminded about using you “inside voice,” she said.

“You still held my hand. How I wish I could hold it again. I was so incredibly proud of you.”

Rest in peace little fella.

I suppose Petracca was no 1, due to Melbourne winning the premiership.

Bingo. "ROBBO SAYS: Halfway through the third quarter of the Grand Final, Bont was probably No.1. That’s all that needs to be said". However, apparently Petracca makes Robbo smile....have to get the Bont to work on that serious look he's got going and lighten up a bit :rolleyes:

(I'd post the whole listing except it's in a weird format).

Christian Petracca
Club: Melbourne
Position: Midfielder
SuperCoach Average: 111.4

ROBBO SAYS: Not many players make you smile, but this bloke does. He’s a swashbuckler of a player who is given license forward of centre and holds up his end of the bargain.

The Numbers say: One of two midfielders to rate elite for goals, score assists and score involvements this season.

Marcus Bontempelli
Club: Western Bulldogs
Position: Midfielder
SuperCoach Average: 119.7

ROBBO SAYS: Halfway through the third quarter of the Grand Final, Bont was probably No.1. That’s all that needs to be said. Football people know where the skipper is placed.

The Numbers say: Averaged career-highs for metres gained (544) and inside-50s (6.6) this season, and also rated elite among midfielders for each measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back