What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think we have instability in the coaching ranks? We've just had our first lot of assistant coach turnover in close to a decade, let the new guys prove themselves before we start worrying about that aspect.

I'm more worried about the lack of ruck, and the mental challenge of overcoming what happened in the GF. They can say ''its behind us we won't even review it'' as much as they want, a flogging like what the team copped will leave scars and have some sort of effect, good or bad is yet to be seen.
I hope at least the coaches have reviewed the GF. We have a very very good midfield but if it’s to be great the balance and defensive side needs to be there to. The GF wasn’t the only time last year we let a team get a run on us from the centre bounce.

12th is worse case scenario imo. I think we have enough talent that even if we have a sh*t year we won't end up in the bottom six. I think we are more likely to finish in the 5-8th range.

Strengths:

Shitloads of talent
Stacked midfield
Great senior coach

Weaknesses:

No competitive ruck
Questionable KPPs apart from Naughton and Keath
Instability in our coaching ranks

I think our weaknesses will make it hard for us to finish top four. I think our strengths will make it hard for us to finish outside the eight.
We are not missing finals

Do you really think we have instability in the coaching ranks? We've just had our first lot of assistant coach turnover in close to a decade, let the new guys prove themselves before we start worrying about that aspect.

I'm more worried about the lack of ruck, and the mental challenge of overcoming what happened in the GF. They can say ''its behind us we won't even review it'' as much as they want, a flogging like what the team copped will leave scars and have some sort of effect, good or bad is yet to be seen.
Don’t reckon the GF will do anything other than motivate I would be more concerned about Melbourne getting carried away with themselves

Just read that Dunks was on 3AW this morning, said he has COVID...
My brother got called out of retirement by a mate to play cricket and it was against Dunks and his dads team. My brother had him dropped by the keeper when he was on 10 but he made about 40 not out. My brother wasn’t a bad cricketer but is in his 60s now so it’s a not too serious comp

This was a couple of weeks back somewhere in Gippsland where my brother lives, he reckons Dunks told him Treloar was going to play as well but had a calf niggle

My brother got called out of retirement by a mate to play cricket and it was against Dunks and his dads team. My brother had him dropped by the keeper when he was on 10 but he made about 40 not out. My brother wasn’t a bad cricketer but is in his 60s now so it’s a not too serious comp

This was a couple of weeks back somewhere in Gippsland where my brother lives, he reckons Dunks told him Treloar was going to play as well but had a calf niggle
Of course he did. Nothing more certain in life.

AFL: Western Bulldogs star Josh Bruce pictured running after ACL injury​

Josh Bruce’s 2021 campaign was cut short by a cruel injury but the Western Bulldogs key forward is making good progress in his recovery.

Jasper Bruce

January 28, 2022 - 1:58PM

AFL

Western Bulldogs star Josh Bruce has taken a huge step on the road to recovery from his heartbreaking ACL injury by running at training for the first time this week.
Bruce was second in the Coleman Medal tally when injury struck him down with the cruellest of timing – the 29-year-old limped from the ground in the dying seconds of his 150th AFL game in round 21.
He underwent ACL reconstruction and, after helping lay the foundations for the Bulldogs’ success in September, was forced to watch his teammates’ charge to the grand final from the couch.

On Friday, Bruce was pictured running for the first time almost six months after his injury, and was joined by Toby McLean, who is recovering from an ACL injury of his own.
“Running laps is actually not too bad,” Bruce wrote on Instagram.
Both men are targeting return dates close to the end of 2022 and could feature in the Bulldogs’ quest to avenge last year’s grand final heartbreak.

Bruce’s injury is likely to open up opportunities for former No. 1 draft pick Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and son-of-a-gun Sam Darcy to make their mark up forward.
Ugle-Hagan made his senior debut towards the end of the 2021 season but had limited opportunities to meet the lofty expectations of AFL punters.
Darcy, meanwhile, is blessed with father Luke’s imposing height and is tipped as key forward material on the big stage.
The Bulldogs could also consider using new recruit Tim O’Brien in the forward line in Bruce’s absence.
The journeyman former Hawk is comfortable in the backs or up forward, and notably took a screamer in the goalsquare against the Giants in round 15.
The Bulldogs will meet their 2021 Grand Final foe Melbourne in the first game of the AFL season on March 16.

AFL: Western Bulldogs star Josh Bruce pictured running after ACL injury​

Josh Bruce’s 2021 campaign was cut short by a cruel injury but the Western Bulldogs key forward is making good progress in his recovery.

Jasper Bruce

January 28, 2022 - 1:58PM

AFL

Western Bulldogs star Josh Bruce has taken a huge step on the road to recovery from his heartbreaking ACL injury by running at training for the first time this week.
Bruce was second in the Coleman Medal tally when injury struck him down with the cruellest of timing – the 29-year-old limped from the ground in the dying seconds of his 150th AFL game in round 21.
He underwent ACL reconstruction and, after helping lay the foundations for the Bulldogs’ success in September, was forced to watch his teammates’ charge to the grand final from the couch.

On Friday, Bruce was pictured running for the first time almost six months after his injury, and was joined by Toby McLean, who is recovering from an ACL injury of his own.
“Running laps is actually not too bad,” Bruce wrote on Instagram.
Both men are targeting return dates close to the end of 2022 and could feature in the Bulldogs’ quest to avenge last year’s grand final heartbreak.

Bruce’s injury is likely to open up opportunities for former No. 1 draft pick Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and son-of-a-gun Sam Darcy to make their mark up forward.
Ugle-Hagan made his senior debut towards the end of the 2021 season but had limited opportunities to meet the lofty expectations of AFL punters.
Darcy, meanwhile, is blessed with father Luke’s imposing height and is tipped as key forward material on the big stage.
The Bulldogs could also consider using new recruit Tim O’Brien in the forward line in Bruce’s absence.
The journeyman former Hawk is comfortable in the backs or up forward, and notably took a screamer in the goalsquare against the Giants in round 15.
The Bulldogs will meet their 2021 Grand Final foe Melbourne in the first game of the AFL season on March 16.
O'Brien to forward line is left field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back