What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

There were quite a few frees that were play on adavantage. Add the JJ clear goal given a point, and Toby’s kick after the siren that he didn’t give a shite about, and it’s a 5 goal win in a canter. Let alone the Picko incident where he had his head torn off 30 out and it was given play on.

We won by 5 goals in a canter - the swans were garbage all day apart from about 10 minutes of Kennedy brilliance.

Imagine if Stringer had of turned up - he was absolutely terrible all game.

The Swans fans need to suck it up and admit that their forwards were woeful and they were lucky to get within 4 goals.

By the way - how good was our ruckman bont? I watched some highlights that focused on bont only - he had about 20 third man up taps - was unbelievable.

For those who bang on about him going up in the ruck a couple of times in recent games - how about them apples.

I know a few swans fans…including my wife who was in some ways relieved the dogs won, she is nowhere near as passionate as me.

The swans fans I know were fantastic- no mention of umps and they were genuinely happy for me.That’s what is irritating - they waited decades like us - how about accepting the reality they were not good enough and be happy for a team that deserved some time in the sun.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Swans before we played them on BF were so arrogant and almost disdainful. They expected to just romp home. I think a bit of it is the Bulldogs beat them, if it was Collingwood or Geelong they would have accepted it, but not the lowly Bulldogs.

There were quite a few frees that were play on adavantage. Add the JJ clear goal given a point, and Toby’s kick after the siren that he didn’t give a shite about, and it’s a 5 goal win in a canter. Let alone the Picko incident where he had his head torn off 30 out and it was given play on.

We won by 5 goals in a canter - the swans were garbage all day apart from about 10 minutes of Kennedy brilliance.

Imagine if Stringer had of turned up - he was absolutely terrible all game.

The Swans fans need to suck it up and admit that their forwards were woeful and they were lucky to get within 4 goals.

By the way - how good was our ruckman bont? I watched some highlights that focused on bont only - he had about 20 third man up taps - was unbelievable.

For those who bang on about him going up in the ruck a couple of times in recent games - how about them apples.

I know a few swans fans…including my wife who was in some ways relieved the dogs won, she is nowhere near as passionate as me.

The swans fans I know were fantastic- no mention of umps and they were genuinely happy for me.That’s what is irritating - they waited decades like us - how about accepting the reality they were not good enough and be happy for a team that deserved some time in the sun.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not trying to continue this discussion, but did anyone know the FK count in the 2012 GF was Hawks 10 - Swans 21?

10 point win to the Swans...

Never see much talk of that from Swans supporters.
No whinging from Hawks fans, either.

Last edited:

Not trying to continue this discussion, but did anyone know the FK count in the 2012 GF was Hawks 10 - Swans 21?

10 point win to the Swans...

Never see much talk of that from Swans supporters.
No whinging from Hawks fans, either.
It was 21-10 in Hawthorn's favour, not Sydney's.

Can’t tell me that this clown has a personal vendetta against Bevo

Kane Cornes doesn’t think the Western Bulldogs should extend Luke Beveridge beyond 2023 before seeing how they start next season.

Cornes’ comments come after Bulldogs CEO Ameet Bains suggested that both parties were keen on an extension with talks “really positive” after the club’s football program resumed last week.
While Beveridge is a club legend having led the Bulldogs to the 2016 premiership, Cornes believes he had a “poor year” in 2022 and feels there’s “nothing to gain” by extending him before mid-year.

“A couple of things struck me, what’s to gain for the Western Bulldogs by extending Luke Beveridge right now?” Cornes asked.

“I didn’t think he had a great year. I wonder how long winning a premiership buys you as a coach.

“If I was in the position of the Western Bulldogs, I’d be waiting until at least mid-year.

“The art of when to re-contract a coach is not easy, we’ve seen that recently with St Kilda and Brett Ratten.

“But I just thought he had a poor year.”

0 of 15 seconds,

This video will resume in 4 seconds

x closex close

While Beveridge led the Bulldogs to a top-eight finish last campaign, Cornes feels that the season was a failure due to the talent on their list and the failure to address defensive issues.
“I think their list is a top five list, I don’t think their list wants for too much,” Cornes explained.
“You can talk about key defenders behind the ball, but every list has something they would like to address.
“But the talent of their midfield, the young key position players coming through, star centre-half forward in Naughton and a star captain, but they refuse to defend.”
“I thought the (2021) Grand Final, the second half, was embarrassing for them.
“Their Elimination Final loss to Fremantle after being up by 34 points at quarter time was also embarrassing.”
On top of falling short of his expectations, Cornes doesn’t think Beveridge has been a good public ambassador for the club after airing his grievances to the media on multiple occasions across the last two seasons.
“Furthermore, this may be harsh, I don’t think he’s been a great ambassador for the club,” Cornes said.
“I go back to his public comments, bizarre targeting of the media in the lead-up to that Grand Final, he was concerned about footage and leaks of that song after the Port Adelaide game that got out.
“He then had the issue with Tom Morris, he made some comments about the treatment of Aaron Naughton this year that were proven false and out of line.
“I just don’t think he’s been a great ambassador and I think it’s an important year for him.
“I wouldn’t be signing him to a contract extension now, I’d almost make him earn it.”
Beveridge is currently only one of three coaches without a contract beyond 2023 but it appears he’ll remain at the Whitten Oval beyond his ninth season in charge.

Kane Cornes doesn’t think the Western Bulldogs should extend Luke Beveridge beyond 2023 before seeing how they start next season.

Cornes’ comments come after Bulldogs CEO Ameet Bains suggested that both parties were keen on an extension with talks “really positive” after the club’s football program resumed last week.
While Beveridge is a club legend having led the Bulldogs to the 2016 premiership, Cornes believes he had a “poor year” in 2022 and feels there’s “nothing to gain” by extending him before mid-year.

“A couple of things struck me, what’s to gain for the Western Bulldogs by extending Luke Beveridge right now?” Cornes asked.

“I didn’t think he had a great year. I wonder how long winning a premiership buys you as a coach.

“If I was in the position of the Western Bulldogs, I’d be waiting until at least mid-year.

“The art of when to re-contract a coach is not easy, we’ve seen that recently with St Kilda and Brett Ratten.

While Beveridge led the Bulldogs to a top-eight finish last campaign, Cornes feels that the season was a failure due to the talent on their list and the failure to address defensive issues.
“I think their list is a top five list, I don’t think their list wants for too much,” Cornes explained.
“You can talk about key defenders behind the ball, but every list has something they would like to address.
“But the talent of their midfield, the young key position players coming through, star centre-half forward in Naughton and a star captain, but they refuse to defend.”
“Their Elimination Final loss to Fremantle after being up by 34 points at quarter time was also embarrassing.”
On top of falling short of his expectations, Cornes doesn’t think Beveridge has been a good public ambassador for the club after airing his grievances to the media on multiple occasions across the last two seasons.
“Furthermore, this may be harsh, I don’t think he’s been a great ambassador for the club,” Cornes said.
“I go back to his public comments, bizarre targeting of the media in the lead-up to that Grand Final, he was concerned about footage and leaks of that song after the Port Adelaide game that got out.
“He then had the issue with Tom Morris, he made some comments about the treatment of Aaron Naughton this year that were proven false and out of line.
“I just don’t think he’s been a great ambassador and I think it’s an important year for him.
“I wouldn’t be signing him to a contract extension now, I’d almost make him earn it.”
Beveridge is currently only one of three coaches without a contract beyond 2023 but it appears he’ll remain at the Whitten Oval beyond his ninth season in charge.
Not wanting to re-ignite the Bevo debate (which has its own multiple threads) but commenting purely on that article: it's really nothing that hasn't been said many times by many posters on this board.

Cornes does have form with WB commentary though. So the article may be fair comment even if the campaigner himself is a bit of a ... well ... campaigner.

0 of 15 seconds,

x closex close

He’s absolutely spot on to be honest, not sure there’s much there that could be disagreed with tbh

He’s absolutely spot on to be honest, not sure there’s much there that could be disagreed with tbh
I take what this failed firefighter opinion with a grain of salt. Thinks that Bevo is the most under pressure coach in 2023 but forgets his old mate Ken Hinkley lol

0 of 15 seconds,

x closex close

I think Cornes say some dumb s**t - but he’s on point here.

I’m still having nightmares about our defence.

I take what this failed firefighter opinion with a grain of salt. Thinks that Bevo is the most under pressure coach in 2023 but forgets his old mate Ken Hinkley lol
Trust me I hate the bloke with a passion and agree he’s probably just trying to take pressure away from Ken. But let’s be honest everyone knows Port are s**t and Ken is just very mid but no one really gives enough of a s**t.

I agree with everything he’s said on Bev, I’ve moved on too from this year and happy to completely back him to the tit this year but if he fails next year he’s done and he needs to own up to his results & kindly gtfo. I’m not sure how extending him right now is a good idea but here we are…

Trust me I hate the bloke with a passion and agree he’s probably just trying to take pressure away from Ken. But let’s be honest everyone knows Port are s**t and Ken is just very mid but no one really gives enough of a s**t.

I agree with everything he’s said on Bev, I’ve moved on too from this year and happy to completely back him to the tit this year but if he fails next year he’s done and he needs to own up to his results & kindly gtfo. I’m not sure how extending him right now is a good idea but here we are…
Sorry about my Rant hopefully Bevo has a great year in the coaches box. there are just some people I can’t stand in the media and Kane is one of them lol I need to get it off my chest I feel a lot better bring on 2023

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry about my Rent hopefully Bevo has a great year in the coaches box. there are just some people I can’t stand in the media and Kane is one of them lol I need to get it off my chest I feel a lot better bring on 2023
Totally understandable!

Sorry about my Rent hopefully Bevo has a great year in the coaches box. there are just some people I can’t stand in the media and Kane is one of them lol I need to get it off my chest I feel a lot better bring on 2023

Totally understandable!
So you two are in a landlord/tenant relationship? :think:

😄

Totally understandable!
Fixed it lol
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Cornes’ article does identify issues that have been raised repeatably on this board but objectively. The single flaw in it is to attribute poor defensive habits only to defenders. The worst offenders were the forwards and, to a lesser degree, the mids. He’s dead right about Bev’s PR failures and he cites examples. No anti Bulldog or anti Bev bias.

Actually find Cornes to be one of the better media performers. Yes he has crazy takes that are purely made to generate click bait but his points above about Bevo are pretty fair in my opinion.

Cornes’ article does identify issues that have been raised repeatably on this board but objectively. The single flaw in it is to attribute poor defensive habits only to defenders. The worst offenders were the forwards and, to a lesser degree, the mids. He’s dead right about Bev’s PR failures and he cites examples. No anti Bulldog or anti Bev bias.

Spot on, Dave

Actually find Cornes to be one of the better media performers. Yes he has crazy takes that are purely made to generate click bait but his points above about Bevo are pretty fair in my opinion.
I’d say I agree with him in this instance but I don’t think he deserves the credit you’re giving him on the whole. He’s basically an actor playing a role. I’m not sure where the flog on stage ends and the true life flog begins…but he is definitely a complete tool based on 99% of his output.

I think he is one of the worst media performers going around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back