What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s pretty shocking if I’m being honest.

I hate the neee to change things like guernseys for the sake of it. I can just picture a meeting room full of people trying to justify it.
Agree. They final got it right in mid to late 10s. Nostalgic. Simple. Something to be proud of.

Small change in the trimming on the neckline but looks much better.

e4587f1f-fb69-447d-ae11-2530369d1eaf.gif
Hate it personally. Don't mind the colour change, but the shape of that collar looks terrible.

That’s pretty shocking if I’m being honest.

I hate the need to change things like guernseys for the sake of it. I can just picture a meeting room full of people trying to justify it.
Think of it as not being "for the sake of it." But for the sweet merchandising dollars generated by adults who willingly choose to be bent over and then wear these things.

Line up. Line up! Get you $120 singlet right here.

“There are so many similarities between our organisations that it just made sense to strengthen our partnership.
If the Dogs ever ended up going under I would have no hesitation in becoming an avid supporter of Airport Toyota.

The way Gary at reception handballs those warranties to Jeff the mechanic is like watching peak Bont and Macrae.

I like the idea of the white collar but I think it should be smaller. The trim of the 2021 guernsey but white instead would be great imo.

I don't mind the white collar personally, we had it from 75-98 but it should be a little narrower. I just hope upon hope that we kept the hoops on the long sleeve.

Our clash guernsey looks horrendous, not sure why we changed it (actually I think all do) but at least we only wear it 2-3 times a year and it's certainly not as bad as when we had the bulldog on our clash guernsey in 2016.

FjadW2HaAAAWRkW.png

Last edited:
I don't mind the white collar personally, we had it from 75-98 but it should be a little narrower. I just hope upon hope that we kept the hoops on the long sleeve.
We're a blue collar club. At least the clash strip reflects that. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're a blue collar club... :thumbsu:
Backed by a University, multi $mil profits per annum since Gordon last punched Oakley on the nose and more than half the list from private schools who can afford to live in Footscray. Name me the last player or comitteemanperson, for that matter, who was a member of a Union. Isn't it more accurate to now substitute "gold plated" for "blue collar" as the preferred adjectival phrase ? In reality, the Club is now more entitled to claim to be the club of private schools and universities than Melbourne

Yikes ? That white monstrosity is an abomination (not a bad effort to get those 2 words into a sentence, eh ?). The predominant royal blue clashes with, perhaps, only Melbourne, so the white shorts and scoreboard should be enough to distinguish the 2. Banish the white and red monstrosity abominations.

Backed by a University, multi $mil profits per annum since Gordon last punched Oakley on the nose and more than half the list from private schools who can afford to live in Footscray. Name me the last player or comitteemanperson, for that matter, who was a member of a Union. Isn't it more accurate to now substitute "gold plated" for "blue collar" as the preferred adjectival phrase ? In reality, the Club is now more entitled to claim to be the club of private schools and universities than Melbourne

Most clubs have predominantly private school kids as players, in fairness. At least we got Sunshine Tech student Charlie Clarke in the draft.

Most clubs have predominantly private school kids as players, in fairness. At least we got Sunshine Tech student Charlie Clarke in the draft.
How sad is it that, for the Union Club (pre WW11, you didn't get a game unless you could produce a Union Card, according to the lore and John Lack's book) to claim traditional working class association on the ground that 1 player attended a State Tech School ? The rot set in when John Kerr, educated at Melbourne Grammar, roved in the Immortal 1954 Team.

Last edited:
Of course. That is true of every AFL club these days, certainly Melbourne among them.

But our origins and our ethos are definitely blue collar.

We welcome diversity though, so it's good to see the likes of D Mitchell here. Your views are always appreciated even if we often differ.

I actually really like the white collar and the new away jumper. Looks fantastic.
I also don't mind the white collar, as long as they leave the rest of the jumper alone, after they lift the 2 hoops a couple of inches north. The white collar can then join the rest of the white "away" kit, into the rubbish bin of history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back