What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, that's not ideal.

Would like some real answers from Gordon this time. The club is not his plaything.

Well, that's not ideal.

Would like some real answers from Gordon this time. The club is not his plaything.

I like Gordon but I recall Terry Wallace saying he is both direct and a bit of a micro manager. I refer to Terry because he rarely pots anyone.

Wilson reporting our CEO has had similar issues. She also reported Gordon micro managed the Boyd deal.

Perhaps Peter needs to either take on the CEO role or step away.

Can't link article as I'm out but Caroline Wilson has written an article about stevensons resignation, she gives no reason other than not getting along with Gordon and finds a way to mention Tom Boyd and bag Gordon for personally negotiating the trade and that the clubs had many off field issues under Gordon

Seriously what is her problem, and as a journalist all she does is give her view on negative off field issues never seen a positive article one of the worst journalists in the business

Can't link article as I'm out but Caroline Wilson has written an article about stevensons resignation, she gives no reason other than not getting along with Gordon and finds a way to mention Tom Boyd and bag Gordon for personally negotiating the trade and that the clubs had many off field issues under Gordon

Seriously what is her problem, and as a journalist all she does is give her view on negative off field issues never seen a positive article one of the worst journalists in the business
Agree that the article was 2% new information and 98% a chance to rehash old material.

Unfortunately Caroline Wilson doesn't have a monopoly on that type of article, it is largely what we get served up from most sport "journalists" these days.

Agree that the article was 2% new information and 98% a chance to rehash old material.

Unfortunately Caroline Wilson doesn't have a monopoly on that type of article, it is largely what we get served up from most sport "journalists" these days.

She would be loving this.

She eats up these political/boardroom/internal footy club machinations type stories and will pump it up to be a full blown crisis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We must not mention the Drowned God.
What's dead may never die.

Let us know what he says please Fossie
Said Stevenson had done a good job, had resigned not been sacked, when asked if it was because they had disagreements said no, we had a good working relationship though at times they had 'robust discussions', that the club is in good shape and that they are all fully committed to doing whatever they can to put it in the best shape possible.

Did anybody else listen to SEN a little before 6 tonight. I only heard part of the segment and I think it was Jon Ralph going on a rant about what an emotional club we are, that we make emotional decisions all the time (extending McCartney and Garlick, refusing to trade Griff then relenting, signing Boyd, etc). The players reaction in the rooms to Mitch Wallis' injury being overly emotional (and by extension the same reaction to Clay last year), that we mourn our players injuries more than any other club. He said something like other clubs just deal with these issues as a matter of course, just business as usual.

After the ad break they were coming back to discuss Toyd, but I was unable to listen to that. Can anyone else fill in some of the gaps.

Does he have a point ? I'm not sure that it shows a heightened emotionality being upset by a horrific injury, especially when we have Tim Hodges from 3LO sounding pretty distressed at hearing Mitch in agony.

All this coming from a renowned hard man in Jon Ralph :rolleyes:

Did anybody else listen to SEN a little before 6 tonight. I only heard part of the segment and I think it was Jon Ralph going on a rant about what an emotional club we are, that we make emotional decisions all the time (extending McCartney and Garlick, refusing to trade Griff then relenting, signing Boyd, etc). The players reaction in the rooms to Mitch Wallis' injury being overly emotional (and by extension the same reaction to Clay last year), that we mourn our players injuries more than any other club. He said something like other clubs just deal with these issues as a matter of course, just business as usual.

After the ad break they were coming back to discuss Toyd, but I was unable to listen to that. Can anyone else fill in some of the gaps.

Does he have a point ? I'm not sure that it shows a heightened emotionality being upset by a horrific injury, especially when we have Tim Hodges from 3LO sounding pretty distressed at hearing Mitch in agony.

typical Ralph. i mean, parts of it are right. the mccartney extension in retrospect, a lot of Gordon's public comments- but the players being emotional for their teammates? that's only a good thing. journalists are such rats

Didn't hear what he said but SEN tweeted that Ralphy says it would be in everyone's best interests if Boyd took a sizeable play cut to assist getting Hurley over the line as well as ease the pressure on Boyd.

Also something about that Boyds current form means that the dogs don't win a final.

I have to say it's pretty hard to argue with either of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back