Strategy What things did you get right in hindsight that everyone laughed at at the time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong:
Neil Craig was right to drop Tex to Norwood to learn to tackle
Though Gary Ayres was a good coach...just got the AFL bit wrong

Right:
Neil Criag was not adaptable enough to win a flag

I remember thinking Lever seemed like an arrogant campaigner in his first media interview after getting drafted to Adelaide. I was getting Gunston vibes from the very start with that guy. I didn't mention it on the board though.

Though Gary Ayres was a good coach...just got the AFL bit wrong
he wasn't an awful coach, he got us very close in 2002, 2003 we were sitting 2nd with a round or two to go and the wheels fell off

I posted in the Poeer board that
I had it on good authority that a certain Power player’s father was spouting that his son wanted to play with Hawthorn and was moving that year. Took 3 years but I think I will be proven correct if the deal is done by Wednesday. Cost me being banned from the Power board as well.

:cool:
Wayne's-World said:↑
Fence sitting here so you can't be wrong ......he is or isn't, what is it ......stop being so definitive, the boy is 2nd year, 19 yo, with 24 games .....let the kid develop FFS

So tell me what's Gallucci's failing :rolleyes: .......after all he only played 1 game this season:rolleyes:....obviously he's a crap player
Me, fence sitting on Milera surely you're taking the piss. Ive been consistency in my assessment of Milera.

Big Gazoongas said

Let the kid develop....develop what?

He does not have a crack when its his turn, his intensity is rubbish.
Ive seen nothing at this stage that suggest Milera will change in that respect.

Atkins is in the same boat, how many games has he played and nothing's changed from him either.

Praying wont work, he either has it or ge doesn't.

Big Gazoongas, Oct 29, 2017

I posted in the Poeer board that
I had it on good authority that a certain Power player’s father was spouting that his son wanted to play with Hawthorn and was moving that year. Took 3 years but I think I will be proven correct if the deal is done by Wednesday. Cost me being banned from the Power board as well.

Is the post still there? Would love to read it and also bump it lol.

Is the post still there? Would love to read it and also bump it lol.
AndrewJo said:
Heard from a good source that Chad Wingard is going to the Hawks. He is contracted to Port for 2016 but the source indicated that the contract would be "paid out", whatever that means. Mentioned huge figures that he would be paid at Hawthorn. Is he the big gun that you are getting next year or will it be in 2017?? Any Hawkers heard this one?
That was on the Hawthorn board GROTTO and I just bumped iton the Hawthorn Board.Under a heading Hawthorn may emerge as the new front runner for Dangerfield.There was another post on the Troy Menzel on the Move in Aug 2015.Some interesting comments in that discussion as well.
This was in the Scandals and Rumours 2015 (also been bumped if you want to read the posts and answers)
Here was one answer:
The_Big_FUNK!!! said:
What you are saying AndrewJo flies in the face of everything the PAFC stands for with regards to player movement.

Time and again everyone from ken hinkley, keith thomas, david koch, jason cripps etc have said a player will not be traded unless he asks to do so. What you are saying is that Chad would like to stay at the club, but port want him to move? I call bs on everything you are implying. Take for example the matthew lobbe situation. Of course paddy ryder is the better ruckmen, and ken hinkley has been asked if matt lobbe will be traded, ken has made it abundantly clear he will not be leaving.

Chad Wingard is loved in the playing group, he loves the footy club, is very close with many players at the club, he is from SA, he goes home to murray bridge every opportunity he can, and whenever he is asked about his future he has categorically stated that he hopes to be a one club player. Port adelaide will reward him with the money he deserves and wants because the club know he is worth it, and I can absolutley promise you, that the football club has budgeted for pay rises for chad and ollie wines. Remember at the start of this year when there were rumours that port had budgeted for a high profile key forward and that they will target taylor walker? as much as 1.2 million per year? there were rumours because it is true. if charlie dixon comes in for 700k which was being said, that still leaves 500k + salary from players delisted and departing. Port will have up to 1.2 mill in the cap for new contracts.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back