List Mgmt. What to do with McCartin?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the issue though. No doubt he has his strengths but thats an alarming list of flaws for someone who will be in his 5th season next year.

I say just let Geelong have him for whatever they're willing to give us (within reason).
yeah it's pretty crazy. i reckon we've definitely f****d up behind the scenes when it comes to the kind of player we tried to make him

1693gi1.jpg

The money seems to be on us getting M. King at the moment, at least according to Twomy, Lloyd and an ITK.

If that’s the case what we do with Paddy is much more interesting. Do we trade him for more currency, or maybe the other young developing forward will take the heat off him to perform and he can just turn into a solid GOP without the weight of expectation?

The money seems to be on us getting M. King at the moment, at least according to Twomy, Lloyd and an ITK.

If that’s the case what we do with Paddy is much more interesting. Do we trade him for more currency, or maybe the other young developing forward will take the heat off him to perform and he can just turn into a solid GOP without the weight of expectation?
Just lazy journalism at its finest mate. Has been training with us + expected to go early in the draft + we have an early pick = we’re taking him. I’m sure the recruiting team can see the glaring hole in our list, if not god help us.

Just lazy journalism at its finest mate. Has been training with us + expected to go early in the draft + we have an early pick = we’re taking him. I’m sure the recruiting team can see the glaring hole in our list, if not god help us.

Yeah, not saying it's 100%, just posting a hypothetical. Should Paddy stay or go if we get King?

Yeah, not saying it's 100%, just posting a hypothetical. Should Paddy stay or go if we get King?

There's definitely no point in having McCartin, Bruce, Membrey, Battle, Marshall and King on the list at the same time. Three of those guys fit into a 22 and one of them is guaranteed to be Membrey so the other five would be competing for two spots

There's definitely no point in having McCartin, Bruce, Membrey, Battle, Marshall and King on the list at the same time. Three of those guys fit into a 22 and one of them is guaranteed to be Membrey so the other five would be competing for two spots

HF - Battle - Bruce - Membrey
FF - King - McCartin - Wingard
R - Marshall - Kent - Hannebery

Works fine in AFL Evolution.

If we were 100% drafting King, we would be better trading Bruce over Paddy. Bruce is worth more on the open market but has smaller upside to him. Trading Paddy right now would get us back very little despite him having a lot of potential to break out soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were 100% drafting King, we would be better trading Bruce over Paddy. Bruce is worth more on the open market but has smaller upside to him. Trading Paddy right now would get us back very little despite him having a lot of potential to break out soon.

See these posts confuse me. You say in your opinion he could have a break out season very soon but we will get more value with a 27 year old who was injured all season. Either you see something that other clubs don't see even though they are professional or you are saying that in hope. Unfortunately I cant see one elite skill Paddy has in todays footy but I can see a hell of a lot of weaknesses especially as a forward.

I actually don't mind it. He isn't going to make it as a forward and he was a number one pick. Before we get rid of him we should be trying him down back. He doesn't look much different to McGovern and he goes ok.

Hate to say this but Garry Lyon actually suggested this very early in the season.

Nick Riewoldt (the player Paddy was drafted to eventually replace) after his first 4 seasons:

Games: 75
Goals: 120
Disp Ave: 14.3
34 Wins, 1 Draw, 40 Losses.

McCartin after his first 4 seasons:

Games: 35
Goals: 34
Disp Ave: 9.4
10 Wins, 1 Draw, 24 Losses
I appreciate the effort but why not try games played instead of seasons played.

At 35 Games;

McCartin
Goals: 34
Disp Ave: 9.4
10 Wins, 1 Draw, 24 Losses

Riewoldt
Goals: 30
Disp Ave: 13.97
10 Wins, 1 Draw, 24 Losses (Creepy)

I said it before him. Someone on here also said it or agreed with me. Most didn't which is fair enough because it makes like we have given up on him.

Ok, you win ;)

It wouldn't make sense to have him in the system for five years with no indication of looking good yet keeping him forward. It is worth a shot playing him back. I don't understand the mentality of 'no point, terrible idea'. It might not work but it would be derelict not to try so.

It wouldn't make sense to have him in the system for five years with no indication of looking good yet keeping him forward. It is worth a shot playing him back. I don't understand the mentality of 'no point, terrible idea'. It might not work but it would be derelict not to try so.
Coaches are thinking the same way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back