List Mgmt. What to do with McCartin?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no issue with the club trying McCartin in the backline but he cannot be compared with J.McGovern. McGovern is one of the best intercept marks in the competition. His reading of the ball in the air is elite and it gives him a distinct advantage playing as a defender. Paddy, when his hands are working, is an excellent contested mark and a very good field kick but I just can't see him working out as a defender. I believe his best position is inside forward 50 as a hit up target.

I appreciate the effort but why not try games played instead of seasons played.

At 35 Games;

McCartin
Games: 35
Goals: 34
Disp Ave: 9.4
10 Wins, 1 Draw, 24 Losses

Riewoldt
Goals: 30
Disp Ave: 13.97
10 Wins, 1 Draw, 24 Losses (Creepy)
Because Roo was 20 and McCartin is 23. Dunno about you but I'd expect more from a 23 year old than a 20 year old.

I quite like the idea of McCartin in the back line.

Not sure on the ‘why’ it will never work according to some.

He’s been talked of as a clever player, surely he could develop a decent intercept marking game if he has those smarts and can read the play. It would be much easier having the play in front of you and having the numbers in the contest down back than being the main target up forward.

Definitely worth a crack if the other option is to delist or trade. Could eventually become a decent swing man possibly.

:thumbsu: Jake Carlisle likes this

I quite like the idea of McCartin in the back line.

Not sure on the ‘why’ it will never work according to some.

He’s been talked of as a clever player, surely he could develop a decent intercept marking game if he has those smarts and can read the play. It would be much easier having the play in front of you and having the numbers in the contest down back than being the main target up forward.

Definitely worth a crack if the other option is to delist or trade. Could eventually become a decent swing man possibly.

:thumbsu: Jake Carlisle likes this
Because he's slower than an elderly snail with back problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I appreciate the effort but why not try games played instead of seasons played.

At 35 Games;

McCartin
Goals: 34
Disp Ave: 9.4
10 Wins, 1 Draw, 24 Losses

Riewoldt
Goals: 30
Disp Ave: 13.97
10 Wins, 1 Draw, 24 Losses (Creepy)
love your optimism george, but from memory roo played his first year at CHB? i remember a day at princess park he hauled in a jillion marks in the backline in particular

edit: sandra

Seriously , if some on here think Paddy can make it as a back man and if our coaches are thinking of trying him back its a last resort . this is the bloke who sometimes needs extended breaks on the bench

Remove this Banner Ad

Back