Votes: 16 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
As we all know, Ameet Bains has engineered possibly the best trade in the history of the game.

As we hold Hawthorns first pick, currently at no.1 overall, the question has to be asked, what should we do with it?

Draft another talent or go after the likes of Kelly, Fyfe, Hopper, Whitfield, etc?

We also own our own first round selection, so that opens our options if we want to draft both, trade one, draft one, etc.

Will it be pick 1? I think Brisbane have pick 1 signed, sealed and delivered. They seem to have gone worse under Fagan. One of the worst coaching appointments I've seen.

Hawks will have somewhere between pick 3-7. Best chance to get Darcy Fogarty in top 5. 190cm forward/mid in the Petracca type. Also did well in the Academy vs Bullants game. Next best option on reading the phantom appears to be Lochie O'Brien.

Rockcliff as FA and 2 first round picks will do us a world of good.

Will it be pick 1? I think Brisbane have pick 1 signed, sealed and delivered. They seem to have gone worse under Fagan. One of the worst coaching appointments I've seen.

Hawks will have somewhere between pick 3-7. Best chance to get Darcy Fogarty in top 5. 190cm forward/mid in the Petracca type. Also did well in the Academy vs Bullants game. Next best option on reading the phantom appears to be Lochie O'Brien.

Carlton & Brizzy pick 1 & 2 imo. Hawks in that next group & having a s**t start means pick 3 is very possible if not likely more than not.

I think it likely we end up with pick 3-5. If so I would like to keep it and draft a gun youngster - a quality mid. Lochie O'Brien sounds good from what I've read, (I'm no expert and rely on others to educate me).

Happy to trade our 1st round pick as well as 2018 1st round pick on players like Hopper or Whitfield

I think the caveat on the Hawks pick would be Josh Kelly - he is worth pick 3-5 easily and if available we would have to use it to get him. Then we would keep our 2017 1st round pick and grab a quality mid like Joel Garner maybe

What is apparent is that we have so many options, so many ways we could go. Can't wait to see what we do!!!

I think it likely we end up with pick 3-5. If so I would like to keep it and draft a gun youngster - a quality mid. Lochie O'Brien sounds good from what I've read, (I'm no expert and rely on others to educate me).

Happy to trade our 1st round pick as well as 2018 1st round pick on players like Hopper or Whitfield

I think the caveat on the Hawks pick would be Josh Kelly - he is worth pick 3-5 easily and if available we would have to use it to get him. Then we would keep our 2017 1st round pick and grab a quality mid like Joel Garner maybe

What is apparent is that we have so many options, so many ways we could go. Can't wait to see what we do!!!
I think j Kelly is worth more than that..... picks 3-5 massive unders for someone who was pick 2, and has been developed for 3 seasons and probably been the giants' best player so far this season.

As we all know, Ameet Bains has engineered possibly the best trade in the history of the game.

As we hold Hawthorns first pick, currently at no.1 overall, the question has to be asked, what should we do with it?

Draft another talent or go after the likes of Kelly, Fyfe, Hopper, Whitfield, etc?

We also own our own first round selection, so that opens our options if we want to draft both, trade one, draft one, etc.

A bit early to lock that pick in. I think it should be 1-4 quite safely. trade or draft, really depends on talent ava. I'd be happy to trade if it was for a younger emerging star. Talk is Tom Lynch is out of contract years end lol. Seriously, we all can see what we need so I'd hope the club would be using it to grab a quality midfielder.

this is what we do, go get this guy

Amazingly I was just watching this clip when they started talking on SEN about some kid named Darcy Fogarty is the one the Saints will get thanks to the Hawks.

Brian Waldron and KB were p1ssing themselves... more discussion to come shortly. Brett Anderson coming into the studio after the break to talk about Fogarty & the kids at the top of the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazingly I was just watching this clip when they started talking on SEN about some kid named Darcy Fogarty is the one the Saints will get thanks to the Hawks.

Brian Waldron and KB were p1ssing themselves... more discussion to come shortly. Brett Anderson coming into the studio after the break to talk about Fogarty & the kids at the top of the draft.
Darcy "Foghorn Leghorn" Fogarty. good one KB :D

Fogarty isn't a Petracca. Trucks is fast and explosive. Fogarty is a tall inside bull. I'd compare him to David Mundy. Perhaps more versatile than Mundy but imo not the player we need.

With that in mind I'd want us to get O'Brien or Davies-Uniacke. Both are fast, have exceptional footskills and can still win their own ball.

Top 5 pick I'd keep it, take Rayner, Fogarty, Stephenson or O'brien in that order. Rayner looks like a genuine freak, strong, smart and a very good kick, Fogarty a brute no doubt but I like the look of Rayner more. Stephenson just looks like he knows how to play football and will take to any position and just be a gun there, whilst O'brien reminds me a lot of Seb Ross, probably a touch quicker but if we are able to snag Whitfield or Kelly I'd be going with one of the first three with the high pick.

Tend to agree w the Mundy comparison for Fogarty

Think Mundy is under appreciated in some quarters

Clean, strong great hands

Players like Dangerfield and Petracca might get the headlines because they're more flashy

Mundy types just as important if not more because they make their team mates look better

Trade 1 for 2 or 3 (and 10) and get the gun mid we want anyway and a bonus 1st round mid. Make it part of the trade deal to leave player x for us at pick 2.

That means 2016 pick 10 and 68

For

2017 picks 2 & 10 and 2016 picks Long, Battle
Would be known as the Jesus trade!

Job done!

Trade 1 for 2 or 3 (and 10) and get the gun mid we want anyway and a bonus mid 1st mid. Make it part of the trade deal to leave player x for us at pick 2.

That means 2016 pick 10 and 68

For

2017 picks 2 & 10 and 2016 picks Long, Battle
Would be known as the Jesus trade!

Job done!
Not sure anyone would have 2/3 and 10 to trade, let alone would they ever even consider doing that trade

Not sure anyone would have 2/3 and 10 to trade, let alone would they ever even consider doing that trade
Maybe.
2016 showed us how far clubs are prepared to go for a specific player. Say there was a touted Jonno Brown coming through this year and 2nd or 3rd last on the ladder wanted them badly.

Back