What to do with Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Football ability, this kid has more in his little finger than most of the trade targets I am hearing. Why trade away proven talent for specuative. As for the other stuff, maybe it has been tough for him, who knows and who has the right to judge, from what I've seen on the tv screen he seems to be hard on himself - Unless he is an absolute disrespectful twat, nuture and support the kid, he will repay.

Stephenson would become the new Gunston in a few years, he's got that talent in him.

He just looks out of it mentally... avoiding contests and scared of being tackled, which he wasnt last season.

There is something bothering him, he and other young players who dont really have stable lifestyle are a hit or miss under this train wreck of a year general wise. They dont have that families of their own and usually relied on group of friends to get their social needs from and the pandemic has removed that avenue to all.

He needs to get back to Melbourne, enjoy the off season with family and friends... work out, train hard and bounce back in 2021.

What to do with Bucks is a more appropriate question! Let Stephenson play footy in his natural habitat, the forward line. Move the ball forward with intent and Stephenson will do the rest, absolute jet.

Football ability, this kid has more in his little finger than most of the trade targets I am hearing. Why trade away proven talent for specuative. As for the other stuff, maybe it has been tough for him, who knows and who has the right to judge, from what I've seen on the tv screen he seems to be hard on himself - Unless he is an absolute disrespectful twat, nuture and support the kid, he will repay.
With my self growing up with the Stephenson’s I can tell you jaidyn isn’t a disrespectful twat...he’s very grounded and respectful to his elders .. he’s very close to his parents and family and I know he’s struggling a little bit that ... that’s life .. people can judge how they will but I know when u see him being hard on him self it’s because he knows he can do better ... just watch his first season highlights ... he just needs to regain his confidence.. scott Pendlebury is helping him with this at the moment as u may of seen on game days

What to do with Bucks is a more appropriate question! Let Stephenson play footy in his natural habitat, the forward line. Move the ball forward with intent and Stephenson will do the rest, absolute jet.

He should never have been rushed back into the 22 2-3 weeks ago when clearly out of sorts and out of form. And having rushed him back he should have been played deep forward. I understand that he will gain experience playing out of position, but finals is when you quit the experiments and play people in their best positions. He should have been forward pocket.... or out of the 22 altogether.

I don’t think we should trade him.

What’s the point of trading him if he has no trade value? It’s more likely we will get the old Stephenson back than getting something better in a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

that makes too much sense

You can be down on confidence yet still chase, tackle and put your head over the ball. Everyone has down periods in their career but a lack of physical courage and commitment makes your mates lose trust injury very quickly. He was insipid in his approach to the game, borderline embarrassing to watch. Can you imagine what opposition coaches and players say about Stevo?
You don't have to have much of an imagination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said he has no value?

Ok. Apologies for the hyperbole.

If someone offers pick 5 in the draft, then sure we will entertain it but after a disastrous 2020, who is going to throw a decent first round pick for him?

If someone offers a second round pick, will that pick turn out better than Stephenson’s upside? I have my doubts.

If we are going to trade someone, we might as well trade someone who has had a decent season and other teams may overpay.

Last edited:
Ok. Apologies for the hyperbole.

If someone offers pick 5 in the draft, then sure we will entertain it but after a disastrous 2020, who is going to throw a decent first round pick for him?

If someone offers a second round pick, will that pick turn out better than Stephenson’s upside? I have my doubts.

If we are going to trade someone, we might as well trade someone who has had a decent season and other teams may overpay.

I got what you meant. I wouldnt be trading him in a fire sale unless he wants out.

He is one of our more skilled players.
Playing in the forward line is a waste.
He should be igniting the wings or playing as a high half forward.
He needs to add bulk and play consistent footy in the VFL, to develop the game and then bring him in.

He needs to add bulk and play consistent footy in the VFL, to develop the game and then bring him in.

How can you play someone on the wings who is so scared of physical contact?

How can you play someone on the wings who is so scared of physical contact?

Gees I hate this sort of crap from keyboard warriors. One of the bravest things a guy can do on a footy field is go back with the flight of the footy into oncoming traffic. It wasn't that long ago that we actually saw Stevo do exactly that. Scared of physical contact? What a crock of shoit.

When we get a VFL season again - at the current rate of second and third wave fears there is no guarantee of that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back