What to do with Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

If I recall correctly it’s 12 a side, right? So would the stress not be lower.

Not to mention if he hadn’t been able to train after having been dropped / managed / whatever, I can’t imagine his fitness would be too hot.
He's played in the last 2 scratch matches, and from all reports at full capacity.

So wouldn't really make sense.

If I recall correctly it’s 12 a side, right? So would the stress not be lower.

Not to mention if he hadn’t been able to train after having been dropped / managed / whatever, I can’t imagine his fitness would be too hot.

Players with serious corkies don't play meaningless scratch matches gouki, you seem to be drinking the coolaid. Running around with a corkie just makes the injury worse ffs. Can't you see something doesn't add up here?

Players with serious corkies don't play meaningless scratch matches gouki, you seem to be drinking the coolaid. Running around with a corkie just makes the injury worse ffs. Can't you see something doesn't add up here?

That’s not what I was trying to say. I think it’s within the realm of possibility that he got dropped, played a praccy, copped a cork in training, couldn’t train for the rest of the week so he stayed down for another praccy (two days ago), and is now a chance at selection.

Something is fishy, but I’ll hold out on jumping onboard until we see selection for the Blues game

There is little point bringing him unless we are moving the hall quickly and accurately by foot into the forward line, he can’t win his own ball. He is an absolute front runner. The most responsible thing to do would be to trade him for key position forward.

There is little point bringing him unless we are moving the hall quickly and accurately by foot into the forward line, he can’t win his own ball. He is an absolute front runner. The most responsible thing to do would be to trade him for key position forward.

Lol, that’s not responsible, that’s terrible asset management as there is likely no KPF target of similar value we could get with him

He can form part of a trade, but I agree we’d be lucky to get a second round pick. He is regressing very quickly, he’s just another WHE. We don’t need two
That's not at all what I said, don't try to twist my words. Continue on your anti-Stephenson tirade, I look forward to seeing you eat crow next year

This same deficiency existed in 2018 but he blitzed, and there were no calls at that time to trade him - therefore its not a credible reason to do so today IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s exactly what you said in fact...

Where? I never said anything remotely close to “we’d be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him”, which is the statement you agreed with. You’ve attributed that to me despite me never saying it nor ever even thinking it

he's too talented to give up on this quick... he obviously looks a quarter of the player he was last year and something is amiss. Could be mentally affected by 2020... as other young players who arent mentally tough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back