What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure if Hawthorn had been playing you would have a different opinion.;)

True point about the low scoring nature and yes for their time I did enjoy the 05/06 gf's despite their low score lines.

Wouldn't have said the same about a Hawthorn win - I like grand finals to be high scoring (on both sides).

I liked when the Bulldogs had the winning edge and started pulling further away at the end. Kind of like the floodgates opening in the 4th quarter for Port Adelaide in 2004.

It was more a symbolic thing than Bev actually giving his medal away. Technically I dont think he can do it legally anyway. Bev's medal was for being the coach of a winning team not a premiership player so theres that too.
I have a feeling that in the light of day once all the emotion has died down that privately Bob will hand the medal back to Bevo. It was all done in the emotion of the moment in my opinion.

True point about the low scoring nature and yes for their time I did enjoy the 05/06 gf's despite their low score lines.

Wouldn't have said the same about a Hawthorn win - I like grand finals to be high scoring (on both sides).

I liked when the Bulldogs had the winning edge and started pulling further away at the end. Kind of like the floodgates opening in the 4th quarter for Port Adelaide in 2004.
I agree that a high scoring game is a better game to watch, and the main thing I think that has led to lower
scoring games is due to the number of tackles made during a game which has made it a bit rugby like:(.

What qualifies as a high scoring match. Over 100 points each?

Personally I think that the best close matches are in that 70-90 point each mark.

I also think it's really dangerous when Channel 7 are in the AFL's ear trying to promote free flowing 'high scoring' footy so they can get more ads into their broadcast.

The Bulldogs love in won't last forever. Footy is cyclical and the premiership drought thing is done. No one is going to go into 2017 saying 'I hope the Dogs get up, been such a long time'. How many people wanted West Coast to win in 2005? Not many. The romance of Sydney breaking the 72 year drought had neutrals barring up all over the place. By the they poached Tippett and Buddy people were actually cheering for Hawthorn. I remember hating Bulldogs in the 1990s. Dirty Libba scragging a teenage Ben Cousins, Gardiner being targeted at the Whitten Oval, Danny Southern trying to soothe Peter Sumich by removing the flow of oxygen into his body. Within a few years our two clubs were trading amicably, had a few great and fair contests and perspectives changed. They'll change again. People will get sick of looking at Stringer's stupid head and Tom Liberatore's Mario Bros moustache and want the Dogs to lose. They've got players named 'Easton', 'Tory', 'Zaine', 'Caleb' and 'Fletcher'. Team sheet reads like the line up of a boy band. Oh and #FreeKickBulldogs. The hate will come, mark my words.

Richmond, Melbourne and St Kilda are next in line. Or maybe Freo if they have another period of stinking. My tip is Melbourne. Original club, a powerhouse until the 1950s, decades in the wilderness then a decade of defying the cyclical nature of the equalised comp to stay at the bottom, then Paul 'my farts smell better than Bob Murphy's' Roos is parachuted in and after 485 draft picks they are just outside the 8. You just know if Melbourne win the 2019 flag or something that Gerard and Robbo are going to fly Roosy in from LA or wherever he lives in the states so he can bang on about your Hoganys your Wattsys your Jacky Vineyys.

So with the medal, the club has now asked for another one for Beveridge.

I am totally AGAINST him getting another medal.
If he wants his, he can get it back of Bob.

Otherwise players/coaches will just start handing out their medals to anyone and everyone and asking for another to be made. Sonny Bill Williams style.

The Bulldogs love in won't last forever. Footy is cyclical and the premiership drought thing is done. No one is going to go into 2017 saying 'I hope the Dogs get up, been such a long time'. How many people wanted West Coast to win in 2005? Not many. The romance of Sydney breaking the 72 year drought had neutrals barring up all over the place. By the they poached Tippett and Buddy people were actually cheering for Hawthorn. I remember hating Bulldogs in the 1990s. Dirty Libba scragging a teenage Ben Cousins, Gardiner being targeted at the Whitten Oval, Danny Southern trying to soothe Peter Sumich by removing the flow of oxygen into his body. Within a few years our two clubs were trading amicably, had a few great and fair contests and perspectives changed. They'll change again. People will get sick of looking at Stringer's stupid head and Tom Liberatore's Mario Bros moustache and want the Dogs to lose. They've got players named 'Easton', 'Tory', 'Zaine', 'Caleb' and 'Fletcher'. Team sheet reads like the line up of a boy band. Oh and #FreeKickBulldogs. The hate will come, mark my words.

Richmond, Melbourne and St Kilda are next in line. Or maybe Freo if they have another period of stinking. My tip is Melbourne. Original club, a powerhouse until the 1950s, decades in the wilderness then a decade of defying the cyclical nature of the equalised comp to stay at the bottom, then Paul 'my farts smell better than Bob Murphy's' Roos is parachuted in and after 485 draft picks they are just outside the 8. You just know if Melbourne win the 2019 flag or something that Gerard and Robbo are going to fly Roosy in from LA or wherever he lives in the states so he can bang on about your Hoganys your Wattsys your Jacky Vineyys.
I'll take it.

So with the medal, the club has now asked for another one for Beveridge.

I am totally AGAINST him getting another medal.
If he wants his, he can get it back of Bob.

Otherwise players/coaches will just start handing out their medals to anyone and everyone and asking for another to be made. Sonny Bill Williams style.
I've always been of the thought that every player who has played a significant part of the year (maybe 5 games or a final?) should get a medal. They helped get them there. But as that is not a rule at the moment, then no they shouldnt give another out. Would cheapen the whole thing

I've always been of the thought that every player who has played a significant part of the year (maybe 5 games or a final?) should get a medal. They helped get them there. But as that is not a rule at the moment, then no they shouldnt give another out. Would cheapen the whole thing

I always thought hte coach shouldnt get a premiership medal anyway. I thought there was some kind of award for premiership coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bulldogs love in won't last forever. Footy is cyclical and the premiership drought thing is done. No one is going to go into 2017 saying 'I hope the Dogs get up, been such a long time'. They'll change again. People will get sick of looking at Stringer's stupid head and Tom Liberatore's Mario Bros moustache and want the Dogs to lose. They've got players named 'Easton', 'Tory', 'Zaine', 'Caleb' and 'Fletcher'. Team sheet reads like the line up of a boy band.

hahahah I love it.. priceless call. I think Liberatore's hair is kinda cheesy, his overall look really. BT's gonna find out where you live on that "package" call. Don't burn his package!

Discount analysis from a West Coast bitter poster, though. ;)

hahahah I love it.. priceless call. I think Liberatore's hair is kinda cheesy, his overall look really. BT's gonna find out where you live on that "package" call. Don't burn his package!

Discount analysis from a West Coast bitter poster, though. ;)

I'm not bitter, we were miles off it this year and I wanted the Dogs to win after they beat us.

a decade of defying the cyclical nature of the equalised comp
That's the greatest euphemism for "s**t" I've ever heard. Thank you

When the swans had their run in the second quarter and their goals all came from midfield players I thought "this is gonna be one of those games".

Somehow Bulldogs managed to get Boyd and Dickson scoring freely at the other end, credit to them, but yeah it was a great spectacle of a game.

Who are you trying to convince, me or you?
Your team is s**t mate. s**t on the same page is still s**t.

Really couldn't care what you think. All I know is that the Geelong handbag is back. Look forward to see how you rebuild your backline next year.
Just waiting to see how long before someone at your club works out that Scott cannot coach. Hope you re-sign him for another five years!

Really couldn't care what you think. All I know is that the Geelong handbag is back. Look forward to see how you rebuild your backline next year.
Just waiting to see how long before someone at your club works out that Scott cannot coach. Hope you re-sign him for another five years!

Then stop f***ing replying.

The handbag - lol

I love this ridiculous notion that attitudes and issues of decades past must intrinsically be related to the present.

That's okay, next time Carlton is actually approaching the borderline of not being abject dog-s**t, it will probably be the result of a gross salary cap breach.

Then stop f***ing replying.

The handbag - lol

I love this ridiculous notion that attitudes and issues of decades past must intrinsically be related to the present.

That's okay, next time Carlton is actually approaching the borderline of not being abject dog-s**t, it will probably be the result of a gross salary cap breach.

Oh come on, Geelong's hand bag was on show for all to see this year. Even your own supporters were saying this throughout the year. Such a poor sh*t team like Carlton made you guys look second rate. Don't forget and get Scott on that long term contract. :)

Oh come on, Geelong's hand bag was on show for all to see this year. Even your own supporters were saying this throughout the year. Such a poor sh*t team like Carlton made you guys look second rate. Don't forget and get Scott on that long term contract. :)

And we beat the premiers by 10 goals and we're the only side they didn't beat so the loss to your disaster of a side can basically go and dine on a used tampon. Ultimately had literally no impact on the season.

I will happily take one of the only 5 current premiership coaches, particularly one with a higher win percentage than any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back