What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol why do bombers supporters think they have half a chance this year? Youve got two good young players (parish and merrett) and a ensemble of nowhere men. Forward line is jjst a pathetic joke. Backline is nowhere... i dont understand
I bet my left nut we finish above you, quote me on it come september.

Parish Tippa Daniher Langford Fantasia Merrett to start with and thats excluding mcgrath francis and any other players yet to prove themselves.

I consider top end talent, top 10% in comp or All Australian.. I dont think any of those players you mentioned besides Merrett are ever likely to be in an All Australian side.

We weren't on the verge of success in that period.

We were playing good quality football in the first half of our seasons and had some nice clutch wins along the way which brought some excitement to the game; but we were never going to compete as consistently as teams like Geelong, Hawks or Swans did - that's a given.

Essendon's potential is shrouded in a bit of mystery, which I think is the source of a lot of Bomber fans excitement. Personally, I think we have a bright future; but we still need to respect the competition. GWS will more than likely monster the AFL the next 5yrs, the Doggies are a remarkably talented young team and could well and truly pull consecutive cups, St Kilda and Melbourne are on the rise and Sydney are still a bloody good young team.

Sooooo this.

Don't feed the troll, guys. 'Created a monster???' Holy moly.

This future is bright, though. Won't make the eight this year but can use the upcoming season as the proverbial springboard for an assault on the top six in seasons thereafter.

We weren't on the verge of success in that period.

We were playing good quality football in the first half of our seasons and had some nice clutch wins along the way which brought some excitement to the game; but we were never going to compete as consistently as teams like Geelong, Hawks or Swans did - that's a given.

Essendon's potential is shrouded in a bit of mystery, which I think is the source of a lot of Bomber fans excitement. Personally, I think we have a bright future; but we still need to respect the competition. GWS will more than likely monster the AFL the next 5yrs, the Doggies are a remarkably talented young team and could well and truly pull consecutive cups, St Kilda and Melbourne are on the rise and Sydney are still a bloody good young team.

And I wonder why that was...

Parish Tippa Daniher Langford Fantasia Merrett to start with and thats excluding mcgrath francis and any other players yet to prove themselves.
I consider top end talent, top 10% in comp or All Australian.. I dont think any of those players you mentioned besides Merrett are ever likely to be in an All Australian side.
As reported on theage.com.au/afl:

2016 AFL Season: Round 23
Essendon vs Carlton @ MCG

ESSENDON 3.4 8.9 14.11 15.13 (103)
CARLTON 2.6 5.8 6.12 10.19 (79)

GOALS: Essendon – Daniher 5, McDonald-Tipungwuti 4, Langford 3
BEST: Essendon – Daniher, Merrett, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Langford

Not a bad effort for a mob of young players never expected to be in an All Australian side.

Not a bad effort for a mob of young players never expected to be in an All Australian side.

Your point??? Carlton are a disgraceful football side currently but i am not on here spruiking us as the next dynasty team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doing dumb s**t breaking all the laws nanananananananananananananganator

Thats a very subjective post - you forgot to mention we were embarrassing north for most of that game, were under a serious Asada cloud, held top 4 for decent amount of time through 2012-2014, Tippa, Daniher, Kelly, Fantasia etc etc. No point arguing we are both just wishful thinking anyway.
hqdefault.jpg

You don't think Merrett is top end talent?

No I do, but he was there last season.

Point being what NEW top end talent have you got?

Whats going to be different from 2015 when you were a middle of the road team?

Merrett in (lets assume he was too young and inexperienced before to have the impact)

Ryder, Carlisle, Hibberd gone.

And half the squad having not played competitive football for a season.

Not a bad effort to beat a team with one foot on the plane to bali or the USA or wherever the blues went in september.

They certainly didn't start out playing that way. Did you see how hard Dylan Buckley celebrated that point?

Prove it's wrong. If you can't then it's simply an opinion. An unpopular one.

Dylan Buckley was celebrating getting a game i think.

Prove its wrong? It will be proved wrong at the end of 2017 when the bombers are nowhere once again

Uh what?

Fine to have that opinion, but where do you get that idea from?

Essendon werent a threat before, and they've lost a number of good players since, and gained not that much.
I'd be very very wary of Essendon. They have some topline players back and they want to prove something.

I'd be very very wary of Essendon. They have some topline players back and they want to prove something.
No, we were terrible before the bans, only won games in 2016 because the opposition were snoozing, haven't brought in any "top-line talent" (like Troy Menzel) and all our players who've been out will have no match conditioning and be horrifically out of shape (despite also having no injuries for a year and looking ripped). Oh, and we've lost Jake Melksham.

Dylan Buckley was celebrating getting a game i think.
No he was definitely celebrating a point like he was really sticking it up an arch enemy rather than looking forward to getting on the plane for the end of season trip as a lot of (Carlton) people will have you believe about that game.

Prove its wrong? It will be proved wrong at the end of 2017 when the bombers are nowhere once again
So until that time it's just an unpopular opinion. Glad to see you got there in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back