What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the AFLW would **** off and stop infiltrating into non AFLW stuff (like the Brownlow and the AFL in general) but I'm not sure that opinion is all that unpopular. I don't care that Freo have a women's team and we don't. I don't need to hear that team X missed the finals but their AFLW team finished 3rd or whatever. It should just be its own thing IMO.

This is no doubt more unpopular than your opinion, but I kind of admire they way the AFL has gone all in. If you're going to go, then go hard.

Personally I lost interest in watching the non-Freo AFLW games after the first couple of rounds (I'd still chuck them on in the background if I was home, but I wasn't going out of my way to watch), but I respect the way they've really tried to integrate it all into one AFL universe.

I also think once every club has womens team they should award the McClelland to the club with the best combined mens and womens result.

This is no doubt more unpopular than your opinion, but I kind of admire they way the AFL has gone all in. If you're going to go, then go hard.

Personally I lost interest in watching the non-Freo AFLW games after the first couple of rounds (I'd still chuck them on in the background if I was home, but I wasn't going out of my way to watch), but I respect the way they've really tried to integrate it all into one AFL universe.

I also think once every club has womens team they should award the McClelland to the club with the best combined mens and womens result.

Dear god, I hope not.
Seriously, what makes anyone care about this crap?

Sorry, I must be crusty being mid 40's, but I would rather watch beyblades burst with my kids than that.

Having been at adelaide oval when they sing 'never tear us apart' i must admit that i love it. Really adds to the atmosphere and who ever came Texto del enlace with the idea desearves a big ass bonus.

For port supporters, what does it symbolise? The SANFL & AFL teams being the one club?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mostly the attempts to destroy all that made the club what it was (magpies - power split, the real port Adelaide bs, port power Est 1996, SANFL interference, AFL conditions of entry forcing a new nickname and colours, dodgey old stadium deal, etc) Basically all the things thrown at us that can and has disenfranchised others.

Sent from mTalk

Dear god, I hope not.
Seriously, what makes anyone care about this crap?

Sorry, I must be crusty being mid 40's, but I would rather watch beyblades burst with my kids than that.

I remember bringing a gold pan to school in yr8 and battling beyblades in it to entice the bully/jock group over while our mates raided their bags. I realized if they made the move to bully us for merely enjoying our recreational activities then it justified robbing them.

Lol at people complaining about AFLW. What do you expect when women aren't given a chance in the sport for 100+ years... an instant similar standard to the men? Give it time, and the standard will continue to improve.

Girls everywhere now can dream about playing AFL but insecure 40 year old men can't fathom the fact that women have opportunities in sport.

Lol at people complaining about AFLW. What do you expect when women aren't given a chance in the sport for 100+ years... an instant similar standard to the men? Give it time, and the standard will continue to improve.

Girls everywhere now can dream about playing AFL but insecure 40 year old men can't fathom the fact that women have opportunities in sport.

The problem isn't with AFLW, I've said in another topic that I think it's great to get young girls more active. It's jamming it down our throats every chance they get they is starting to turn even more people away.

The problem isn't with AFLW, I've said in another topic that I think it's great to get young girls more active. It's jamming it down our throats every chance they get they is starting to turn even more people away.
Sorry, don't buy that.

Just because one female footballer once had some screen time at the Brownlow, it doesn't mean they are shoving it down our throats. I've seen people complain that AFLW stars were on Fox Footy's Longest Kick ffs. Just look at the thread about Daisy Pearce being on the Norm Smith Panel... if that was a male footballer no one would have blinked an eye. We just notice it more because it is against the norm of old, white blokes.

My most un-popular opinion is that 1 more Victorian team should be culled immediately. This would enable the AFL to start-up a brand new team in Tasmania. The Bulldogs have already proven that they don't rate their heritage by dumping the name Footscray. With that in mind Gil should force them and Melbourne to merge and become Melbourne Bulldogs.

My most un-popular opinion is that 1 more Victorian team should be culled immediately. This would enable the AFL to start-up a brand new team in Tasmania. The Bulldogs have already proven that they don't rate their heritage by dumping the name Footscray. With that in mind Gil should force them and Melbourne to merge and become Melbourne Bulldogs.

Haha WTF.

Sorry, don't buy that.

Just because one female footballer once had some screen time at the Brownlow, it doesn't mean they are shoving it down our throats. I've seen people complain that AFLW stars were on Fox Footy's Longest Kick ffs. Just look at the thread about Daisy Pearce being on the Norm Smith Panel... if that was a male footballer no one would have blinked an eye. We just notice it more because it is against the norm of old, white blokes.

Kinda like going to a party which they have a bottle of wine on the table when you hate wine and saying "can't believe they are shoving wine down my throat"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't suppose you will suggest your own team, right?

Tom Lynch Adelaide is a top 20 player in the competition - nobody plays his role like him and his versatility and creativity make him unstoppable. He's only behind Sloane in terms of importance to the Crows in my eyes, and is the most important to limit the impact of.
Shame he was a late out on Saturday. Would have made an impact if he played.

That is unpopular.

I'll spit chips if they start introducing memberships and gameday tickets with a forced AFLW component. Kind of like the Rugby World Cup where a ticket to South Africa vs England came with a ticket to Georgia vs Tonga or whoever.

It won't be free, at least not forever.
Your membership supports the club as a whole, not just the mens football team. Like it or not you've been paying for your womens team as long as you've had one.

We don't have one, and I don't want to pay for one.
I'm sure you have one. Not an AFLW team, but a womens team. I'd be flabbergasted if you were applying for an AFLW license without actually having a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back